L.A.B. Directed Force Putters

I splurged a while back and bought a Robert Mark headcover for the 2.1. It's very expensive at $155 retail, but I think it was $120 or so with whatever code was available at the time. The rest was CC points.

He also has them in white/silver skull and black/white skull. Once red/white/blue became available, I decided to grab one.
daa5833e915d45ea132a8eaf21081cb7.jpg
8806c47e11c39e67e0b5cb7e4c5972f3.jpg

Whoa! Me like. And will pay that for a good head over. How is the magnet? Good quality? Looks great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 putts tonight on the plinko boards. Lag putting was much improved tonight, made all the 3-4’ comeback putts I needed, and even snuck home a testy 9’ to get a nice up and down. I think I’m going to get along just fine with this one.

Whoa! Me like. And will pay that for a good head over. How is the magnet? Good quality? Looks great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, bud. The magnets are very strong. The leather is much softer/more supple. So considering the strength of the magnets, it takes a bit more effort to get a good grip to remove vs OEM.

I've only used it for 3 rounds so far, so we'll see how it goes. Seems very well made, protects well too, but it's certainly a noticeably softer cover than OEM. It's just not as padded, thus giving it form, like the OEM.

I do like it very much and am glad that I bought it.

Been playing around with ball position a bit this week, and less forward press - I think the less I manipulate this, the better the results are. Just ground, align, set-up, go. Lag putting was pretty good last night, with the exception of my putt on #10. I had to play a recovery shot after my tee shot ran through the dogleg, and I was kind of surprised to see that my punch had trickled up to the fringe, leaving me with about 60’ uphill. I haven’t faced a putt like that with the DF yet, and left myself with about 9-10’ for my second putt. I lipped that out on the high side, which was both disappointing and a real confidence builder all wrapped up in one. I was able to turn a few missed greens into up and downs, and a few former bogeys into pars last night, and I think the L.A.B. and I will get along just fine going forward.

You could always do the remote fitting and see what your specs say. I was going to go that route if we didn’t have a local fitter.
Who is the fitter for these in Edmonton?

Who is the fitter for these in Edmonton?
They have them at Golftown South, but I got fitted through this gentleman.
1695054115436.png

Been playing around with ball position a bit this week, and less forward press - I think the less I manipulate this, the better the results are. Just ground, align, set-up, go. Lag putting was pretty good last night, with the exception of my putt on #10. I had to play a recovery shot after my tee shot ran through the dogleg, and I was kind of surprised to see that my punch had trickled up to the fringe, leaving me with about 60’ uphill. I haven’t faced a putt like that with the DF yet, and left myself with about 9-10’ for my second putt. I lipped that out on the high side, which was both disappointing and a real confidence builder all wrapped up in one. I was able to turn a few missed greens into up and downs, and a few former bogeys into pars last night, and I think the L.A.B. and I will get along just fine going forward.

Ball position with the LAB - the LAB founder has a YouTube vid on that issue - one of the first to come out when he introduced the DF putter

They have them at Golftown South, but I got fitted through this gentleman.
View attachment 9205784
Awesome, thanks. I had no interest in these putters mainly due to looks but messed around with a Evnroll zero which was also kind of ugly and found it really easy to keep square. Think i may need to try one of these and at his price point i would like to be fit. Next time i'm in the city for hockey i will try plan to make time for a fitting. Did you also order from them?

Awesome, thanks. I had no interest in these putters mainly due to looks but messed around with a Evnroll zero which was also kind of ugly and found it really easy to keep square. Think i may need to try one of these and at his price point i would like to be fit. Next time i'm in the city for hockey i will try plan to make time for a fitting. Did you also order from them?
I did order through the fitter - he has a fitting fee like most places but waives it if you order through him. He had some stock ones with the stepped steel shaft but none with the upcharged ones.

Reactions: MH
29 putts tonight 👀, including some big ones to save par on a few holes. Didn’t really think that this was going to make a big impact on my game right away but I’ve been wrong before.

Didn’t get a chance to get out and play this weekend but while sticking with the practice routine Cody gave me during our lesson a few months back I’ve rolled alot of putts with this over the past few days. This set-up with the Accra is just super stable, I feel like I can just lock my wrists and let it roll. This is probably the most comfortable I’ve been standing over a putter ever.

I tried @Ryancolts1988 LAB putter last week and was 1 for 1 and it was a left to right breaking putt. didn't need a new ponder. hahaha. What model is that, Ryan?

I tried @Ryancolts1988 LAB putter last week and was 1 for 1 and it was a left to right breaking putt. didn't need a new ponder. hahaha. What model is that, Ryan?
I think it was the Mezz or the Mezz Max I spied.

The colors on the DF have me a little intrigued on this.

It was the Mezz.1 - 35” with the 1.5 degree press grip.

It was the Mezz.1 - 35” with the 1.5 degree press grip.
Thanks! I should have played around with that a bit more but I'm definitely way more open minded about them now!

Had a pretty good round with the DF 2.1 this evening. 13 putts over 9 holes, and I made a few big ones to save par when I needed it. I think we’re going to have a pretty good working relationship.

Struggled a bit Saturday and had a ton of lip-outs and burned edges, but had a day with this thing yesterday. 28 putts en route to a new PB, and buried a big one to close out with a 🐥. Starting to get much more comfortable over the ball with it, and trust that it’s going to stay square without me doing any manipulating. For a guy who started the year second guessing everything on the greens, this feels like a step in the right direction in making me a more confident putter.

Struggled a bit Saturday and had a ton of lip-outs and burned edges, but had a day with this thing yesterday. 28 putts en route to a new PB, and buried a big one to close out with a 🐥. Starting to get much more comfortable over the ball with it, and trust that it’s going to stay square without me doing any manipulating. For a guy who started the year second guessing everything on the greens, this feels like a step in the right direction in making me a more confident putter.

That is awesome and congrats on the new PB!

What made you choose this one over the Mezz or Mezz max? It must have taken a bit of time to used to looking down at the DF, I’m not sure I could

Last edited:
That is awesome and congrats on the new PB!
Thank you sir!
Wheat made you choose this one over the Mezz or Mezz max? It must have taken a bit of time to used to looking down at the DF, I’m not sure I could
I initially went into my fitting with the plan of going with the MEZZ Max as I liked the shape, but when I was trying the demos he brought with him I was tending to set it up really closed to my target line. The fitting putter that he could adjust was the DF headshape, and once he got me in a comfortable set-up with the fitting putter, I started making a bunch of putts with it. I got to roll a bunch with a demo that was in my loft/lie, and my lag putting got better and I was making more in that 6-9’ range. I don’t really notice the shape after a few rounds with it, it definitely draws attention from people I play with but I’m happy with the results I’m seeing.

Wheat made you choose this one over the Mezz or Mezz max? It must have taken a bit of time to used to looking down at the DF, I’m not sure I could
It's a lot easier to get used to it in person, and even easier when you start draining putts. I have both a DF 2.1 and a Mezz Max and both of them are awesome.

I've tried the Mezz and Mezz Max. The DF 2.1 is noticeably more forgiving(to me at least). I've had a DF 2.1 with BGT Stability Tour shaft this entire season. My putts per round are a little better but my misses are much closer. I'm at least giving myself a chance to make the putt. If I could only read greens 😥

Reactions: MH
I’m going to get to try the Mezz during my last round of the season today, wish there was an option to try the df as well

Congrats on the new PB!

Hoping to start heading over to our local indoor facility to continue working with the Stack Putting App soon, but in the meantime I’ve been drilling lots of the work Cody left me with earlier this year at home. The DF is just so stable, and I think I’m finding my comfort zone with the Press grip. A lot of my issues this year were 6’ and in, so I’ll be grinding away from that distance during the cold months.

Back