Lady Precept iQ+ Testing Thread

I wouldn't read too much into the 40 yard difference, because the first swing was pretty weak, but 300 is close to as far as I can hit any drive, no matter what ball. The fact the Precept was that far just surprised me, I didn't think I'd be able to get it past 280 or 290 even with my best swing. I'm going to try the IQ+ a few more swings next time we play to see if it was some freak of circumstances or not.

I don't know G4L? I think these balls are the real deal. Back when the first Ladies Precept came out, everybody in middle Georgia (all the guys) were looking for them. Hot off the tee and better than average with the irons had those balls selling quicker than the stores could stock them!

Wow, I think I may have to get some of those. 40 yards is a big difference. hey G4L, I think you can edit the sideways vids on YouTube

Rotated and fixed the original video, thanks for the tip.

Jumped out on our #9 fairway today to test 10 balls from 70 yards out with my sand wedge. Just as I was walking out, Dawgdaddy walked up. I told him that his appearance was perfect timing. He watched me hit a few balls before someone came up on the tee box so I had to quit. If I'm not mistaken, he said the Bridgestone B330RX and Vision balls checked up with a short roll of about 3', the Trispeed had the most roll and the Precept iQ+ had about 8' of roll. The carry on the iQ+ was also longer but I'm not sure how much because we had to get off the green in a hurry. I had to sneak back out there later after he and OG were playing and we weren't busy.

I hit two of each ball that I was testing. They were the Srixon Trispeed, Srixon Q-Star, Bridgestone B330RX, Vision X3, and Precept iQ+. All of these balls have really performed well for me in the past.

What I noticed after hitting about 30 balls from 70 yards out was the the iQ+ seemed to fly the highest and longest of all of them and it seemed I could get it to the flag with little effort. All of the other balls performed pretty well too but I felt like I had to give the Bridgestone and Vision balls a little more power to get it as far. The iQ+ just flew with a soft and easy swing. I am pretty sure I carried the iQ+ ball at least 5-10 yards farther when using the same swing as it was on the back of the green a couple times when other balls weren't past the flag. I figured out a good distance and went back and hit 10 more. This is the result of all the balls scattered. The two closest balls to the pin were the iQ+ .

Great job KB! You work so hard at your testing and at the same time enjoy the challenge :clapp:

All of the ladies are having fun with this one and putting out some great reviews!

Great stuff Mrs. Golf4Life! You really have a knack for writing. I love to read your posts. :)

great write-up! Sounds like it's a good option for you. Keep up the good work.
I suggest trying to hit them with a Williams driver. I hear balls rocket off of that club:alien:

I agree, I love the descriptive words she uses. It makes it fun to read.

Mrs Golf4Life very excellent & descriptive report. You are dead on when it comes to the feeling in the bunker that you aren't sure if you really hit the ball or not.

Can't wait to read your next report

I enjoyed your writeup and the cute little personalization added to the comments :thumb:

Aww shucks... thanks guys! :bashful:
And ddec- I actually did try the Williams!!! .....there was no magic there for me.:disapointed:

I don't know G4L? I think these balls are the real deal. Back when the first Ladies Precept came out, everybody in middle Georgia (all the guys) were looking for them. Hot off the tee and better than average with the irons had those balls selling quicker than the stores could stock them!

Isn't the LaddieX just a re-badged version of the precept LADY mc?

Before I started testing this ball, I was looking at Bridgestone's ball fitting site to learn more about this ball and decided to send them this question:

I am a female with a driver swing speed in the low 80s. I was fitted to
a mens regular flex driver and usually get around 200-210 yards on my
drives. I hit my 7 iron around 115-120 yards. Are the Precept Lady IQ
balls right for me or is the compression too low? I was fitted to the
Srixon Trispeed during a live ball fitting with them. I hit it 16 yards
farther on average than the Srixon lady ball. What ball would you
recommend?

Here's the answer I received tonight via email:

The Precept Lady iQ+ is designed to work really well with swing speeds
between 60-90 mph. With your swing speed being in the low 80s, it
should work great.

That being said, because your swing speed is a little higher than the
average lady, there are several other options that could work.

It's not often that a ball's compression is too low for a player,
although I have seen it happen. A soft core is an advantage because it
makes the ball easier to compress, and when a ball is compressed
properly, you'll get the most performance out of it.

The Precept Lady iQ+ is softer than the Trispeed and it spins a little
more. Because it spins more, it might not be as long, but you might get
more carry distance.

A comparable ball to the Trispeed in our line is the e6. It too is a
little softer, but it spins a little less, so it should be a little
longer.

This is good information to know and I feel totally confident that the Precept Lady iQ+ is a good ball for me. I know I am able to compress it well and I'm getting added distance too. Since my husband often plays the E6, I will give it a try one day but I really don't see a need at this point.

Last edited:
Before I started testing this ball, I was looking at Bridgestone's ball fitting site to learn more about this ball and decided to send them this question:

I am a female with a driver swing speed in the low 80s. I was fitted to
a mens regular flex driver and usually get around 200-210 yards on my
drives. I hit my 7 iron around 115-120 yards. Are the Precept Lady IQ
balls right for me or is the compression too low? I was fitted to the
Srixon Trispeed during a live ball fitting with them. I hit it 16 yards
farther on average than the Srixon lady ball. What ball would you
recommend?​

Here's the answer I received tonight via email:

The Precept Lady iQ+ is designed to work really well with swing speeds
between 60-90 mph. With your swing speed being in the low 80s, it
should work great.

That being said, because your swing speed is a little higher than the
average lady, there are several other options that could work.

It's not often that a ball's compression is too low for a player,
although I have seen it happen. A soft core is an advantage because it
makes the ball easier to compress, and when a ball is compressed
properly, you'll get the most performance out of it.

The Precept Lady iQ+ is softer than the Trispeed and it spins a little
more. Because it spins more, it might not be as long, but you might get
more carry distance.

A comparable ball to the Trispeed in our line is the e6. It too is a
little softer, but it spins a little less, so it should be a little
longer.​

This is good information to know and I feel totally confident that the Precept Lady iQ+ is a good ball for me. I know I am able to compress it well and I'm getting added distance too. Since my husband often plays the E6, I will give it a try one day but I really don't see a need at this point.

That's a great response from Bridgestone. I know Nerfny played the e6 a little bit, including at the outing this past May.
This thread has been awesome so far. Filled with a lot of information. Keep it up everyone!

Great write up KellyBo and Mrs G4L.

Mr. G4L needs to work on making that driver appear for you just as you made that Williams appear for him.

The response from Bridgestone was a great addition to this thread. Thanks for posting, KB.

Isn't the LaddieX just a re-badged version of the precept LADY mc?

That is a good assumption and I actually have always enjoyed gaming the Laddie ball. I think the ones I have played are not the "X" Laddie balls as I did not notice that on the box or ball :confused2:

The response from Bridgestone was a great addition to this thread. Thanks for posting, KB.

I thought it was too good of a response to keep to myself. I've learned so much from this testing. That's why I love this site!

I thought it was too good of a response to keep to myself. I've learned so much from this testing. That's why I love this site!

I agree already. There are things I have been thinking about with this testing that I don't normally think about. I am usually all about the feel when golfing. If I like the way a ball feels or a club feels then it's for me. I don't usually think about why until I was asked to do this.

You've Got Mail

You've Got Mail

I was on vacation in Idaho and could not wait to check my mail when I got back to Utah, because I KNEW something special would be in there. I swear that GolferGal is the fastest shipper ever. I arrived at the post office, leapt out of my car, ran inside, put the key in the lock, stopped for a quick-pic...

and opened up my post office box to reveal the special surprise inside...

I forced myself to wait until I got home to rip open the package. It was like Christmas morning for me.

Ooooooooo... look at all of the pretty colors.

I am golfing tomorrow and taking these beauties with me. I love the :precept: brand because it is a part of the :bridgestone: family and we all know who else is a part of that family... FRED COUPLES. More thoughts from me later.

Another great unboxing post! You all are doing such a phenomenal job on this testing. I think you are giving the guys a major run for the money in the golf ball testing. :smile:

Some nice pics aah2fly. Have fun tomorrow. I can't wait to play them again tomorrow in my golf league. Even though it is supposed to rain.

Nice play by play at the mail box ahh2fly!!!! Can't wait to hear your thoughts!!

Great write up KellyBo and Mrs G4L.

Mr. G4L needs to work on making that driver appear for you just as you made that Williams appear for him.

Nerfny, I couldn't agree more!!!! :fingers-crossed:

Just got back from playing 9 holes using the Precept Lady iQ+.

Driver:

My tee shots weren't good at all but it wasn't the ball, it was definitely me. I had two pulled, two pushed, and one topped tee shot. I asked OG to use our flip camera to videotape my swing so I could see what I was doing wrong and I nailed the longest drive of the day. I guess I was really focused on that swing since I was being videotaped. When you put a good swing on this ball, it just soars through the air.

Fairway Woods:

I hit a 5 wood today on a par 5 after pushing the ball over to the right. I had some trees to deal with and one particularly tall pine tree. I chose my 5 wood because I knew I could get it a little higher. I hit that ball so high and long that I couldn't believe it. I ended up right back in the fairway about 75 yards out and made par on that hole. That is about the 3rd fairway shot since testing that I was extremely pleased with over the high flight and distance.

Irons:

I just love the feel of this ball off of the wedges and irons. It's so soft and so easy to hit a good shot. I guess because it is such a low compression, I am able to really pop it up in the air with what seems to be much less effort. I had some really good approach shots with at least three chances for birdie within 10' or less.

Here's the one I hit on our first hole par 5.

Chipping/Putting:

I had 13 putts on 9 holes which is really unheard of for me. I've been practicing my chipping and putting a good bit lately which is making a difference but I also believe the soft feel of this ball is making a difference too.

Summary:
I can't find my pink ball and I miss it. I wonder if Ole Gray took it. I had it at the end of my last round but it is missing. I'm down to just two balls. I was browsing online to see how much a dozen of these cost. They are only $19.99. Wow!

I had 6 pars on 9 holes which was good considering how bad a day I had off the tee. I did have a bogey and two doubles too. It can get MUCH uglier than that on any given day. I'll take it!!!

Last edited:
Very nice shot KellyBo and 13 putts is impressive. I think you better search OG's bag and find that pink ball.

I'm sooo jealous Kelly gets to go out and play with the Precept iQ+ every day. Great report as usual. I'd be DEFINITELY be checking OG's bag for that pink ball....

Got to come home from my trip two days early. Heading to project in N. NJ tomorrow and clubs along with Precepts going in the trunk. Going to find a course and get out there!

I'm sooo jealous Kelly gets to go out and play with the Precept iQ+ every day. Great report as usual

Got to come home from my trip two days early. Heading to project in N. NJ tomorrow and clubs along with Precepts going in the trunk. Going to find a course and get out there!

Your day will come! I've done my time so now it's time to play. Hope you find a nice course tomorrow!

Good reporting ladies, glad you get to get out on the course tomorrow MaryC, and KB I will let you know if OG pulls out a pink ball tomorrow :D

Your day will come! I've done my time so now it's time to play. Hope you find a nice course tomorrow!

Not based on the hit my 401k took this week. I'm going to need to work AFTER I'm 6' under to retire ;-)

Seriously though, your reports are making me take notes to compare against since we've played together a few times.

I really am wanting to hit a bunch of full on wedge shots tomorrow so I may even seek out a Par 3 to give my self lots of long iron, wedge combos to really feel the ball compression.

More great reviews! How many of the testers, at this point, feel like they might switch to gaming these balls full time?

I've only played with this years once but I already game last years full time and love them.

Back