I see a lot of Greenworks discussions. I can attest to the durability of the electric pressure washer. The cord can be a little bit of a pain but 5 years in and even being dropped of a house it still runs well.

I see a lot of Greenworks discussions. I can attest to the durability of the electric pressure washer. The cord can be a little bit of a pain but 5 years in and even being dropped of a house it still runs well.
I agree with this. Had mine for the past 4 years, and it's been great.

Man we are getting a LOT of rain - Definitely not complaining.

About 1.9" over the past 24 hours.

On the docket for this weekend:
  • Last dose of Pre-Emergent
  • Yard Mastery Stress Blend Fertilizer
  • Hydretain
  • RGS and Humic 12

Well the Fert, combined with a lot of rain, and this is the best my yard has ever looked in Mid-June... (no filter)

IMG_6535.jpg

No golf today so it's yard care day. Crisped up the edges and gave the lawn a mow, cleaned up the flower beds, sharpened the mower blades after etc

Anyone good with hostas? I had pretty mature plants that just didn't come back this year
View attachment 9183906
View attachment 9183907

And of course this variety I can't find anywhere locally.. now I wish I just did them all the same variety of the inner ring
The deer ate ours down to the ground 2 years ago ( put up a little fence block) but last year it was an issue with voles eating the root system. Had to get a pest guy to come out and recommenced this home made remedy.

• 1-2 TBSP Castor Oil (DO NOT USE UNSCENTED CASTOR OIL!)
  • We buy our Castor Oil from Shay and Company but you can also find it on Amazon.
  • 1 TBSP Dish Detergent

Add this mixture to 1 gallon of water and thoroughly water the area to be protected. So far, the hostas are living, but they do need some defused shade down here or they burn up.

Last edited:
Well the Fert, combined with a lot of rain, and this is the best my yard has ever looked in Mid-June... (no filter)

View attachment 9186144
It’s probably somewhere in this thread, but what are you using to lay down those stripes? Also suggest adding a crosscut diamond pattern to really make it pop. Still, looks good!!!

A number of years ago I asked the pro at the driving range how he kept the grass looking so good. He said he uses a 25-0-15 fertilizer twice a year. I started using that on my lawn at home to good effect.

No golf today so it's yard care day. Crisped up the edges and gave the lawn a mow, cleaned up the flower beds, sharpened the mower blades after etc

Anyone good with hostas? I had pretty mature plants that just didn't come back this year
View attachment 9183906
View attachment 9183907

And of course this variety I can't find anywhere locally.. now I wish I just did them all the same variety of the inner ring
Just seeing this. Good looking bed. Sorry, I realize this is the lawncare thread and a bit off-topic. Can take it to the gardening thread. I collect hostas. Have 40+ varieties at this point and have had the very occasional plant not come back after winter. Usually from a plant that was struggling to begin with though. I have a bunch of sacrificial plants in un-protected, un-fenced beds that normally get eaten by rabbits down to the stems and still come back. One of the best traits of hostas being so bullet-proof. Outside ring looks like "Patriot" a bit but the white margins are slightly narrower?? Should be easy to find online from many different retailers. Or possibly "Francee"?
20220610_153739.jpg
20210520_134105.jpg
20210629_143227.jpg

Just seeing this. Good looking bed. Sorry, I realize this is the lawncare thread and a bit off-topic. Can take it to the gardening thread. I collect hostas. Have 40+ varieties at this point and have had the very occasional plant not come back after winter. Usually from a plant that was struggling to begin with though. I have a bunch of sacrificial plants in un-protected, un-fenced beds that normally get eaten by rabbits down to the stems and still come back. One of the best traits of hostas being so bullet-proof. Outside ring looks like "Patriot" a bit but the white margins are slightly narrower?? Should be easy to find online from many different retailers. Or possibly "Francee"?
View attachment 9186168
View attachment 9186169
View attachment 9186172
You're correct it's the patriot, and I haven't been able to find them anywhere locally this year to replace them. I think the ones that are dwarfed this year won't make it through the summer or come back next year.

The other version, first frost, is coming out amazingly so I contemplate making the entire beds that variety.

But thanks for the input and from @mav52 , I'll try out some solutions especially as I'll need to replant a few of them next year.

i am new to this thread. thoughts on what kind of mower for a 1/2 acre lawn, just a big rectangle. i don't want to spend the money on a riding mower but also don't want to be mowing my lawn for 6 hours. i am moving from a property that i could mow my lawn in about 15 mins to this....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

i am new to this thread. thoughts on what kind of mower for a 1/2 acre lawn, just a big rectangle. i don't want to spend the money on a riding mower but also don't want to be mowing my lawn for 6 hours. i am moving from a property that i could mow my lawn in about 15 mins to this....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Maybe a little more than you want to spend, but this might do the trick.

You're correct it's the patriot, and I haven't been able to find them anywhere locally this year to replace them. I think the ones that are dwarfed this year won't make it through the summer or come back next year.

The other version, first frost, is coming out amazingly so I contemplate making the entire beds that variety.

But thanks for the input and from @mav52 , I'll try out some solutions especially as I'll need to replant a few of them next year.
Maybe figure out a way to give them extra shade and a bit more TLC and maybe they'll pull through. Good luck. First Frost another nice one.
20210520_150228.jpg

The time master would be great but there's some issues with itz I guess like with anything else. I went with a Honda hrx, built to last, but it's just a 21".

You could get other 30" 0 turns or rideon that could work well, but maybe a little overkill for that size property.

Hard to go wrong with a Honda, but yeah I might avoid 22" mowers with that size area. As you move away from 22s the price goes up big time though

The time master would be great but there's some issues with itz I guess like with anything else. I went with a Honda hrx, built to last, but it's just a 21".

You could get other 30" 0 turns or rideon that could work well, but maybe a little overkill for that size property.

But a zero turn would make mowing fun again. MMFA!!!

It’s probably somewhere in this thread, but what are you using to lay down those stripes? Also suggest adding a crosscut diamond pattern to really make it pop. Still, looks good!!!

I have a CheckMate Striper on my Honda HRX

Have never tried crosscut diamond pattern, might have to give it a go.

MY GRASS JOUNEY OF 2023: I moved into the house in July 2022, so this has been the first spring that I've been i the house.

Early spring here in San Antonio (March), and I had someone come out to take a look at my yard in hopes of asking them to treat my weeds. Grass was growing all around the City at this time, but no grass in my front yard and my backyard was covered with weeds. The diagnosis: Kill All Root Rot (a disease on my St. Augustine Grass). They suggested I wait until mid-late April, and plant new seed or install Sod. I chose to install seed, even after a few people told me good luck and that its tough.

Here are the pictures over the last 8 weeks.

Pictures
1. Taken early April. 95% dead grass, when grass was green all around me.
2. I raked all the dead grass and tried to scarify the existing ground to prep for new seed.
- Not Pictured: I planted Bermuda Grass on April 16. I also laid down a layer of compost before planting the seed.
3. Picture taken 2 weeks after planting. Watering everyday for 10-15 minutes.
4. Picture taken 3 weeks after planting. Still watering everyday.
5. Picture taken 6 weeks after planting. Grass has come fully in and growing well. We have gotten more rain then typical during May which really helped
6. Picture taken after my first time mowing.

Overall, cant believe I actually got a full yard to grow new grass. Its tough to keep up and maintain when I'm working 50 hrs a week while also trying to do other projects around the house. My goal for this spring was to redo most of the landscaping around the house. Replanting the grass was not expected, so it took most of my focus the last 2 months. But the flower bed in front of the house is my next project...

IMG-6822.jpg
IMG-6841.jpg

IMG-6894.jpg

IMG-6910.jpg

IMG-7404.jpg

IMG-7412.jpg

Anybody try this yet?
It adds a trimmer/edger to your existing lawn mower. A zero turn mower attachment coming soon:

Linky

1687120016179.png

Little help, I need to pick between these 3 riding mowers. It us a very generous house warming gift. Let me know which is best or if there is another one in that price range

Great looking lawn. I need to find the instructions for my edger. OTOH I don't think anyone cares because they are distracted by all the flowers in my yard!

Great looking lawn. I need to find the instructions for my edger. OTOH I don't think anyone cares because they are distracted by all the flowers in my yard!

What kind of edger is it? It should be simple enough to use, and honestly I think edging is one of those things that can make a huge difference

Little help, I need to pick between these 3 riding mowers. It us a very generous house warming gift. Let me know which is best or if there is another one in that price range

A guess the real question is how big is your yard ?

Anybody try this yet?
It adds a trimmer/edger to your existing lawn mower. A zero turn mower attachment coming soon:

Linky

View attachment 9187213

neat idea but not sure it makes sense for me - I don't have a big lot so it probably takes me 5-7 minutes to edge, and maybe another 5 minutes to trim a couple of spots my mower doesn't get to.

Back