Either mower will do the job. I like the Deer since you can pretty much get it repaired at any Deere dealership.

But the Husqvarna YTH22V46 46-in 22-HP V-twin Riding Lawn Mower, will also get the job done, unless 46" might be too much for any "in between" cuts you have.
Just found out my brother in law has the same john deer, so we are going with that one. He loves it. Thanks

I pay for weed and feed treatment, but the cutting is my relaxation time.
e9c918c2f04a1f6cd8158ac2d0f810a9.jpg
1158a79aff774c92e6cede9edcf9f084.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I pay for weed and feed treatment, but the cutting is my relaxation time.
e9c918c2f04a1f6cd8158ac2d0f810a9.jpg
1158a79aff774c92e6cede9edcf9f084.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Amen, mowing is mine too! Yard looks great!

I buckled this morning and hired a lawn service to mow my yard. The Florida heat and humidity, even at 8 a.m. became too much on this 68 y.o. body. No hassle, no fuss, no equipment repairs. And the neighbors will be happy to no longer see me in my blue Speedo and work boots.

I buckled this morning and hired a lawn service to mow my yard. The Florida heat and humidity, even at 8 a.m. became too much on this 68 y.o. body. No hassle, no fuss, no equipment repairs. And the neighbors will be happy to no longer see me in my blue Speedo and work boots.
I took on a yard project of removing bushed 3 weeks ago. I could get just over an hour worth of work in before the heat killed me.

Does anyone have full-sun hydrangeas? If so, what strain? My wife loves Hydrangeas but most of out landscaping gets full sun so I'm trying to find ones that won't burn out even when you water them properly.

Can't believe fall is just a month away.. I just put my order in for 45# of GCI COOL BLUE to split with a buddy, some tenacity and surfectant, etc.. I'm going to be away labor day weekend so hoping I can dethatch the weekend before, mow it down slowly over the next 2 weeks, then seed after LDW.

I should probably get some topsoil and sand for some topdressing and leveling too ... Oof I can feel my back hurting again already

I've discovered that if I clear bare spots, such as weeding crabgrass before winter, grass will fill in over the winter!
Zone 6 central Connecticut weather has been pretty warm during the winters lately except for some nasty cold snaps.

We moved to a different part of the country and bought a house there in April. So, I have a new lawn challenge. Here in central Pennsylvania nobody has a lawn sprinkler system, not even the high-end homes. The common formula for lawn care here is to plant Pennsylvania mix grass seed and let the rain do the watering. That part works pretty well, so everyone's lawn is relatively green. The variables you find from home to home are how often they mow during the growing season, at what height, how often, how often do you fertilize, and how often you go after weeds one way or the other.

Our 1/2 acre lot of mostly grass was below average when we got it. The color of the grass was highly variable, there were many bare spots or holes in some parts of the yard, and it was below average in thickness, the amount of yellow grass mixed with the green and the shade of green in the yard was highly variable, and the amount of weeds in the yard was significant in places.

Four months later I judge the lawn to be average to slightly above average.

Most of the holes are completely filled in with the rest on the run. The lawn is quite a bit greener and thicker and the weeds are about 75% eradicated.

I'm cutting the lawn a bit higher than the previous owner who tended to scalp the grass on the crown of hills. 1-2 cuttings a week, three applications of quality fertilizer, getting after the weeds with a combination of weed and feed, a liquid weed killer that won't harm grass, and hand weed pulling have really made a difference. I'll post some comparative pictures soon.

I have eradicated Dallis grass only to have goose grass set in.
bout got the goose grass eridicated, but new one keep popping up.
Was hope in the dry period of 104° temps, they'd quit growing and I could wait on the pre-emergent.🤞
Been trying to keep the crabgrass at bay also.

Grass looks really good right now. A couple years ago the hell strip, the land between the sidewalk and the road, was crabgrass and perennial weeds.grass.JPG

We moved to a different part of the country and bought a house there in April. So, I have a new lawn challenge. Here in central Pennsylvania nobody has a lawn sprinkler system, not even the high-end homes. The common formula for lawn care here is to plant Pennsylvania mix grass seed and let the rain do the watering. That part works pretty well, so everyone's lawn is relatively green. The variables you find from home to home are how often they mow during the growing season, at what height, how often, how often do you fertilize, and how often you go after weeds one way or the other.

Our 1/2 acre lot of mostly grass was below average when we got it. The color of the grass was highly variable, there were many bare spots or holes in some parts of the yard, and it was below average in thickness, the amount of yellow grass mixed with the green and the shade of green in the yard was highly variable, and the amount of weeds in the yard was significant in places.

Four months later I judge the lawn to be average to slightly above average.

Most of the holes are completely filled in with the rest on the run. The lawn is quite a bit greener and thicker and the weeds are about 75% eradicated.

I'm cutting the lawn a bit higher than the previous owner who tended to scalp the grass on the crown of hills. 1-2 cuttings a week, three applications of quality fertilizer, getting after the weeds with a combination of weed and feed, a liquid weed killer that won't harm grass, and hand weed pulling have really made a difference. I'll post some comparative pictures soon.
As promised, here are the before and after pictures. The first one is March just before the first cutting. The 'after' picture is from about 3 weeks ago.
Front Yard - Before.jpeg

Front Yard - After.jpeg

Fall overseed project starts now.. started dropping the deck the other day to 3", and since it will only be 75 avg this week I dropped it to 2.5" today. I'll do 2" in a couple more days, then it'll be time to scarify... Or should I go a little lower like 1.5" before scarifying?

I figure my last mow will need to be 1.5" to let the grass seed get good contact and not fight for light

It looks pretty good but even cutting at 2.5 pulled up some dead grass/thatch, so that'll be another big cleanup even though I bagged most of this year
1000008184.jpg

nothing to see here just me out here watering my artificial turf. Actually putting down an enzyme that kills any odors, even though there weren’t any, and makes the entire thing smell amazing

IMG_6886.jpeg

Welp, I go to use my dethatcher and the blades don't spin, only 1 year old .. call up sunjoe and go through customer service etc etc. Apparently it's a common issue, there's a gear that supposed to spin the blades but it wears out quick

Anyways, they're sending me a new upgraded version, so the fall overseed is going to be delayed a week or two

I have a bachelor party next weekend so that's out unfortunately, but maybe I can do this Monday and figure out seeding and pre emergent mid week

Lesson to others: be sure to trial your equipment well before you need to use it in case it doesn't work

Welp, I go to use my dethatcher and the blades don't spin, only 1 year old .. call up sunjoe and go through customer service etc etc. Apparently it's a common issue, there's a gear that supposed to spin the blades but it wears out quick

Anyways, they're sending me a new upgraded version, so the fall overseed is going to be delayed a week or two

I have a bachelor party next weekend so that's out unfortunately, but maybe I can do this Monday and figure out seeding and pre emergent mid week

Lesson to others: be sure to trial your equipment well before you need to use it in case it doesn't work
You can definitely wait until mid September for an overseed

You can definitely wait until mid September for an overseed
Yeah I was later than that last year and still turned out ok, I was just wanted to start it earlier as I also need to get some more dirt, level, see if I need to relocate the most recently added sprinkler head, etc

All will be fine

In my Connecticut yard cutting it lower makes it easier for the crabgrass to germinate and grow. As I mentioned earlier grass will fill in over the winter warm spells!

So the saga continues.. sunjoe sends me out the new unit, I go to put it together today and in the box they put 4 lower bars instead of 2 lower and 2 middle :ROFLMAO:
1000008365.jpg

Another call to customer service and I gotta bring this one to UPS and get a new one sent out ... again

Threw some topsoil down and did some leveling, then Lime treatment and a soil loosener done but I kinda screwed that up since apparently I should wait 4 weeks before seeding.

Lawn looks like crap since I been cutting it lower, and even the mower just pulled up so much dead grass and thatch I've been filling 4-5 lawn bags each cut on 5k sq ft, but hopefully with the seed going down soon and starter fertilizer it'll come back nice

Wife caught a random guy stopping by to ask what I'm doing with the lawn, how to grow his grass better, treat crabgrass, etc lol
1000008619.jpg

Last year I had to replace my mower and bought an EGO battery powered mower. The thing is great; it's whisper quiet, doesn't require oil/gas, etc., and does the job very well.

The Overseeding Project is Underway!

• Killed off a small section of the yard, added some composted soil
  • Dethatched and Aerated
  • Laid down Artimuss TTTF Seed
  • Laid down Fertilizer with Tenacity in it
  • Top Dressed with Peat Moss

It was a PROCESS but cannot wait to see how it ends up here in a month or so

Noticed a spot in my back yard that had grub damage. Pulled up a bit of the turf to inspect. Noticed lots of grubs. Pulled up some more. More grubs. An hour later I have a 10'×15' section pulled up and the kids are helping me put all the grubs in a bucket haha. We got a few hundred I estimate. Got some seed and ready to seed this area. Lucky that my local hardware store has quality blue tag seed, with new cultivars to plant.

Also picked up some urea for my fall nitrogen blitz. First time going with urea, but it's a heck of a lot cheaper than most other fertilizer products.

Back