Let’s Talk Club Building

Had a club tipped, gripped on Friday evening... its Monday and its still slightly loose. Likely not going to set?

Had a club tipped, gripped on Friday evening... its Monday and its still slightly loose. Likely not going to set?
Doesn’t sound good. Stupid question: does it have an adapter that’s loose?

And I need more epoxy. Always at the worst damn time.

Doesn’t sound good. Stupid question: does it have an adapter that’s loose?
The shaft moves inside the adapter. Its the Paradym Super Hybrid. It isn't real loose but still visible movement. Wonder if setting it in front of a space heater would help?

Which is why I'm on Amazon Prime. Being able to order stuff and know when it will arrive.
I'll order books to read in the coming weekend. Or cancel if they can't deliver.

The shaft moves inside the adapter. Its the Paradym Super Hybrid. It isn't real loose but still visible movement. Wonder if setting it in front of a space heater would help?
Nope. Sounds like a bad epoxy mix. Take it to where you had it done and have them fix it right.

Nope. Sounds like a bad epoxy mix. Take it to where you had it done and have them fix it right.
I can't guarantee they will get it right lol

I have some epoxy ordered. Think I'm going to give it a go myself

I always seem to run out right when i want to do something.

I can't guarantee they will get it right lol

I have some epoxy ordered. Think I'm going to give it a go myself
Just make sure you get all of the old epoxy off the shaft, and clean out the inside of the adapter.

I always seem to run out right when i want to do something.
Always. I try to keep backups, but with the move this year and not getting my workspace done until last month, I totally blanked on reloading.

Which is why I'm on Amazon Prime. Being able to order stuff and know when it will arrive.
I'll order books to read in the coming weekend. Or cancel if they can't deliver.
That doesn't help me today though.

Always. I try to keep backups, but with the move this year and not getting my workspace done until last month, I totally blanked on reloading.
Luckily uncle Bezos can get it to you by tomorrow..

Just make sure you get all of the old epoxy off the shaft, and clean out the inside of the adapter.
the shaft was easy to clean with light sand paper. It looks good. I think I'm going to order a new adapter because getting thing clean will always be a fault in my mind when I swing the club

Yup. Two days on practically everything. Even with Prime.
I guess that’s not too bad. I remember waiting weeks and wondering things would ever show as a kid so 2 days is minimal. Lol

the shaft was easy to clean with light sand paper. It looks good. I think I'm going to order a new adapter because getting thing clean will always be a fault in my mind when I swing the club
No need really. Do you have a Dremel with one of those little cylinder sanding drums? If not I used to do it by hand. Wrap some sandpaper around a pencil, then get it down inside the hosel / adapter and twist.

No need really. Do you have a Dremel with one of those little cylinder sanding drums? If not I used to do it by hand. Wrap some sandpaper around a pencil, then get it down inside the hosel / adapter and twist.
To really get it cleaned out do I need to let it fully dry or will it come out this way as well?

And they’re ready for battle. Almost. Need to get them bent back to spec lofts. 2021 T300 5i-GW with Dart V TSPX 90F3. 5i length 38”. CP2 Wrap standard size grips. Wish I felt up to playing or going to the range. It’s 62* right now. Damned Covid. Oh well, soon.

View attachment 9232260View attachment 9232261

Those look really good with the ferrules.

I would say if it is still moving it isn’t going to set. I would take it apart clean everything and use some new epoxy.

I would say if it is still moving it isn’t going to set. I would take it apart clean everything and use some new epoxy.
I've got the shaft clean and sanded the end just a little... enough to know I scratched it a little. I have epoxy on the way so I'll update ya when I get it done. Thanks for your help

I’ve got an itch to build something up. But no real needs of desires. :unsure:

I’ve got an itch to build something up. But no real needs of desires. :unsure:

Me too. I stumbled across a SF i95r flex shaft for an 8i I forgot I had. I am either going to put it into a wedge or a ZX7 9i and see how it performs. Just a fun thing.

Back