Let’s Talk Club Building

I’ve got an itch to build something up. But no real needs of desires. :unsure:

Me too. I stumbled across a SF i95r flex shaft for an 8i I forgot I had. I am either going to put it into a wedge or a ZX7 9i and see how it performs. Just a fun thing.
Samesies

Just make sure you get all of the old epoxy off the shaft, and clean out the inside of the adapter.

Reattaching an Adapter is like Sex -- it is all in the preparation.

The epoxy mixed well and it being my first build I made a mess. Equal parts, mixed thoroughly, applied to shaft and a slight amount into adapter. Twisted and pulled in and out. Pushed the shaft down into the hosel and didn't expect the small pop sound, but it was just the air being displaced and seeing the epoxy come out was kinda reassuring. I set it to the position I want it and propped it up to not be moved.

Am I missing anything?

The epoxy mixed well and it being my first build I made a mess. Equal parts, mixed thoroughly, applied to shaft and a slight amount into adapter. Twisted and pulled in and out. Pushed the shaft down into the hosel and didn't expect the small pop sound, but it was just the air being displaced and seeing the epoxy come out was kinda reassuring. I set it to the position I want it and propped it up to not be moved.

Am I missing anything?
If a redo, keep pressure from the shaft to adapter to avoid any unwanted separation from air gaps possibly.

If a redo, keep pressure from the shaft to adapter to avoid any unwanted separation from air gaps possibly.
If it don’t redo well this time I’ll order another assembled shaft and this one will be tipped an inch haha

If it don’t redo well this time I’ll order another assembled shaft and this one will be tipped an inch haha
Only worry is if you have old epoxy in the shaft that won’t allow the air to pass it’ll sometimes create a creep and push the shaft out of the head or adapter as long as the air can escape you’ll be fine so as long as the prep work was good and cleaned.

Only worry is if you have old epoxy in the shaft that won’t allow the air to pass it’ll sometimes create a creep and push the shaft out of the head or adapter as long as the air can escape you’ll be fine so as long as the prep work was good and cleaned.
It was cleaned well. I spent far more time than I ever expected polishing my shaft. And the hosel. All old epoxy was removed. I’ll hit it Friday and find out.

It was cleaned well. I spent far more time than I ever expected polishing my shaft. And the hosel. All old epoxy was removed. I’ll hit it Friday and find out.
Feel like this will be in the out of context thread shortly 😂

Feel like this will be in the out of context thread shortly 😂
It won’t. Lol. Just gotta wait till Friday morning to see what happens. If the club head flies off I’ll order a pre assembled set up and then put this shaft on for a future use.

Am I missing anything?

Before assembling did you blow thru the grip end and see if air passed easily thru the shaft out thru the tip? ( Like a pea shooter) - this is important because it is the best way to get air out of the fit up of the shaft and the adapter. - if not then an air pocket or a thin bond will possibly happen - and the head will possible off when you are near a water hazard. When an adapter or head is removed , quite often the inside of the shaft will have a small slug of epoxy - this needs to be removed before a new adapter is installed.

Before assembling did you blow thru the grip end and see if air passed easily thru the shaft out thru the tip? ( Like a pea shooter) - this is important because it is the best way to get air out of the fit up of the shaft and the adapter. - if not then an air pocket or a thin bond will possibly happen - and the head will possible off when you are near a water hazard. When an adapter or head is removed , quite often the inside of the shaft will have a small slug of epoxy - this needs to be removed before a new adapter is installed.
It looked clear. I didn’t push any air through. We shall see what happens

It looked clear. I didn’t push any air through. We shall see what happens
if you could see thru the shaft - that is the same - air is just easier to know for sure.

if you could see thru the shaft - that is the same - air is just easier to know for sure.
I didn’t hold it to the light but if it doesn’t work I’ll just order a preassembled setup and move on.

Did you say polish the shaft? Hope it wasn’t shiny. It needed to be roughed up with fine grit sandpaper to ensure a good epoxy bond.

It’s been 24 hours. I can’t see how waiting another hour or two to check the club would really matter… would it?

It held. I just hulk smashed a 40 acre field sized divot out of my yard about 5 different times. Sim session tomorrow will allow for 40-50 shots with it. I’ll know for certain then.

Been putting off swapping iron shafts for no good reason but now that its dead of winter I figured I'd finally get around to putting KBS tours in my T100s. Last time I swapped shafts in my wedges I didn't do a good enough job cleaning out the hosel so I found some of the drill bit cleaners this time around. Found some classic white ring BB&F ferrules to tie them all together. Will post some pictures when the job is done.

Wanna do my T200s for me? I've got those Dart recoils I bought off @That post that I haven't even taken out of the box yet :rolleyes:
I’m not good enough to do clubs backwards yet 😂

(Seriously though, it want to deal with the border drop me a note and we can talk details)

Wanna do my T200s for me? I've got those Dart recoils I bought off @That post that I haven't even taken out of the box yet :rolleyes:
I ended up selling the Dart 90s F4’s I got after you bought mine without even installing them too. Sucks not knowing how to do my own club work.

I ended up selling the Dart 90s F4’s I got after you bought mine without even installing them too. Sucks not knowing how to do my own club work.
I'm not afraid of trying, I mean worst case I end up taking them to someone who knows what they're doing to fix. I just need to get off the fence, pick a ferrule I like and get after it.

I’m not good enough to do clubs backwards yet 😂

(Seriously though, it want to deal with the border drop me a note and we can talk details)
It's easy, just read the tape measure from the other side

I just need to get off the fence and do it. Couldn't pass up the chance to offer it to you since you have the itch

I'm not afraid of trying, I mean worst case I end up taking them to someone who knows what they're doing to fix. I just need to get off the fence, pick a ferrule I like and get after it.
So rewarding to build your own and it’s not that hard to get started.

So rewarding to build your own and it’s not that hard to get started.
You are correct. Which means it's probably a good time to ask a question I've had for a while: is it possible to measure swingweight manually? In other words, can a ruler, fulcrum and scale be used and somehow convert the measured weight to a sw value?

Back