Matrix Radix Shaft

Kmac, you were right, the Radix in the Octane is a pure beast. WTF took me so long?

Can I say it? Told you. haha I understand why it took a while, you wanted to give the PX its fair shot is all.

Can I say it? Told you. haha I understand why it took a while, you wanted to give the PX its fair shot is all.

I did. But it can't deliver for me like the Radix. Dude, this combo is just pure bliss right now. Perfect ball flight, and so trustworthy of a shaft. You feel the same way?

I got to swing the Radix 6 last night at the range. In a Nike VR Pro driver. Sure is a pretty shaft.

It's not for me, as I really don't need to be hitting it any lower, but I just wanted to swing it cos it looked good, and since it got some THP love!

I did. But it can't deliver for me like the Radix. Dude, this combo is just pure bliss right now. Perfect ball flight, and so trustworthy of a shaft. You feel the same way?

I found the exact same thing. When I was swinging it well it was the best combo Ive hit yet.

I got to swing the Radix 6 last night at the range. In a Nike VR Pro driver. Sure is a pretty shaft.

It's not for me, as I really don't need to be hitting it any lower, but I just wanted to swing it cos it looked good, and since it got some THP love!

So maybe you were just hitting the wrong version/flex? This shaft comes in a 4,5,6,7 and then something like 4 flexes or more. The fact that it comes in a firm flex is awesome I think. Seems a lot of players want something between stiff and regular. Count me as one of them.

Like OEM, what particular # and flex were you hitting buddy?

Also, maybe it was the skinny jeans :blob:

This is a very good point. I would think skinny jeans would impede flexibility thus requiring a softer flex shaft. Hmm

I went and picked up my TaylorMade Superfast 2.0 today with the Matrix Radix HD 4 shaft in it and a white Golf Pride VDR grip. I am in love with this thing. I went to the range already and was hitting the thing a mile and with the a nice amount of loft on it. I got the HD 4 because I wanted a higher ball flight which this is giving me so far. Cant wait to get it on the course. Here are some pics (they arent the greatest but it was quick):

CIMG0564.jpg

CIMG0565.jpg

CIMG0566.jpg

That is sweet!!!

That is sweet!!!

Thanks man. Finally getting it out on the course tomorrow. I have never been so excited to play golf before. Almost a 2 month hiatus has been killing me.

Thanks man. Finally getting it out on the course tomorrow. I have never been so excited to play golf before. Almost a 2 month hiatus has been killing me.

You're going to love it! I hope you experience the consistency that I often speak about with this shaft.

You're going to love it! I hope you experience the consistency that I often speak about with this shaft.

It has been money in the bank at the range. If all goes well with it tomorrow, my 3W will be getting an upgrade also..lol

It has been money in the bank at the range. If all goes well with it tomorrow, my 3W will be getting an upgrade also..lol

Good to hear DR. I hope you have great weather and you beat fairways to death buddy.

Good to hear DR. I hope you have great weather and you beat fairways to death buddy.

Thanks. I am not optimistic about my game having not played it 2 months but 4-5 hours of golf is going to be great for me regardless of how well I play. When I play, I give my wife the phone number of the course, leave my cell phone off and just have fun with not a care in the world. It is my therapy and boy do I need it..lol

So maybe you were just hitting the wrong version/flex? This shaft comes in a 4,5,6,7 and then something like 4 flexes or more. The fact that it comes in a firm flex is awesome I think. Seems a lot of players want something between stiff and regular. Count me as one of them.

I very probably was. It felt a little stout for my liking, just wasn't really getting it to release.

Jeez, I only noticed the 6, thinking it was a stiff flex number! I didn't look closely enough I think.

The skinny jeans assist in power, but only pulling power. :D

This is a very good point. I would think skinny jeans would impede flexibility thus requiring a softer flex shaft. Hmm

Without giving too much away, this is most definitely true....:banana:

So it was an HD6 paulo? I wonder what flex, b/c they do have a couple of options in each series. I find the Stiff to be more than suitable for me. Maybe you had the Stiff or even X?

Like Kmac said, the fact they have a "firm" option is awesome.

I'd like to try this shaft in my R11. I don't wear skinny jeans, but do rock jeggings.

Kevin

I'd like to try this shaft in my R11. I don't wear skinny jeans, but do rock jeggings.

Kevin

Dude, you can score these bad boys on the Bay all day long. Make it rain cheddar!

So it was an HD6 paulo? I wonder what flex, b/c they do have a couple of options in each series. I find the Stiff to be more than suitable for me. Maybe you had the Stiff or even X?

Like Kmac said, the fact they have a "firm" option is awesome.

Yeah, it was definitely the 6, but unsure of the flex. I just assumed it was the stiff, after picking up the Project X beside it, darnit! The firm option sounds like a winner, I think that might actually be nice for me. I have a hankering for something softer that I can actually control.

Dude, you can score these bad boys on the Bay all day long. Make it rain cheddar!

I'm hitting the Xcon 5 higher than I want to. When I get the right ball flight it goes a mile, an Esox mile which is shorter than a typical mile but long for me nonetheless. But I have to work at hitting it lower and in my club championship final match I hit three freakin' duck hooks trying to keep the ball down. Those I cannot accept. I usually hit three or four a Summer not three in a round. This shaft should bring the ball flight down, correct?

Kevin

Got out for another round this weekend. My driver with the Matrix Radix HD4 was ON POINT. Hit all FIR. 100% BOOM. It was a minor miracle. Hitting them straight and with the ball flight I am looking for. The shaft was worth every penny. I am soo confident when I get up on the tee box now.

Got out for another round this weekend. My driver with the Matrix Radix HD4 was ON POINT. Hit all FIR. 100% BOOM. It was a minor miracle. Hitting them straight and with the ball flight I am looking for. The shaft was worth every penny. I am soo confident when I get up on the tee box now.

Nice Dev! Glad to hear that its working well for you

I moved from my R9 to the R11 with the HD6 shaft & its performing even better for me. I'm using it full length!! help flatten out my swing & my Drives are so much better.

I'm getting a driver with the HD6 in it and I'm so excited to hit it after hearing all the great reviews!

Just hit my HD6 for the first time today with a 10.5* head. The launch was nice and strong (different from my normal weak, arc-like path). In this new flight the ball started out lowish and then came back up nicely. The ball flight was very high, and I like that as I still gained distance over my old driver. Seems like a great shaft overall. Only hit it once and I love it already.

Just hit my HD6 for the first time today with a 10.5* head. The launch was nice and strong (different from my normal weak, arc-like path). In this new flight the ball started out lowish and then came back up nicely. The ball flight was very high, and I like that as I still gained distance over my old driver. Seems like a great shaft overall. Only hit it once and I love it already.

What driver do you have the HD6 in?

I just installed the white version of this shaft in my Razr Hawk. I am highly impressed with this shaft. It just feels awesome and is so reliable. I have been averaging about 50% FIRs with the stock RIP Tour shaft. I think the Matrix is going to boost this to 75% or higher. It is straight as an arrow and has a great ball flight. I can't wait to get it out on the course later this week.

I found it for a great deal at Edwin Watts for $99.

Back