Midwest Golf Get Together THP Style

Well, went out and played today. It was the worst round that I can remember playing. I shot a 108. I just don't get this game anymore. I played 9 holes yesterday with a kid who played on a smaller college team yesterday and shot a 46 with at least 4 flub shots and still beat the kid. Should have went to his school and played golf, he told me that he was getting 40% off anything with a titelist brand on it. But yet today pure ugliness all over the place. Oh well, just hope it doesn't come out when I play with all of you!

Timed to get warmed up for this, going to play my first round in the US in 2010. Time to break the sticks out of the travel bag.

Well, went out and played today. It was the worst round that I can remember playing. I shot a 108. I just don't get this game anymore. I played 9 holes yesterday with a kid who played on a smaller college team yesterday and shot a 46 with at least 4 flub shots and still beat the kid. Should have went to his school and played golf, he told me that he was getting 40% off anything with a titelist brand on it. But yet today pure ugliness all over the place. Oh well, just hope it doesn't come out when I play with all of you!

I have no doubt you guy's will be more than ready to show me up. I've made it out 3 times so far and my game is so up and down. Extremely windy the last two times out, but shoving everything hard left. You may hear me yelling "FOUR" all day.

I've gotten 2 range sessions in so far. Pretty ugly, but starting to get loosened up. Traveling to Dallas in a week and half for business, and will be playing with some vendors, so I'm really hoping to have things ironed out enough to shoot under 100 for that.

Timed to get warmed up for this, going to play my first round in the US in 2010. Time to break the sticks out of the travel bag.

You might as well keep the sticks in the travel bag buddy- you'll be packing them up and throwing them away after I get done with you!

I now have 2 range sessions and 1 round in, the last being a quick range session about an hour ago. It went well, looking forward to next time.

I went out for the second time this year, just played 9 because it was getting dark. I had 4 pars, 2 bogeys, and 3 2+ plus's. For every blow up, I'd pure a shot.I can't wait to play with y'all and feel like ill be able to keep up.

I hope you all have figured out what format your wanting to play. I'm not going to decide on that too. What ever you want, just let me know ahead if the course needs to set anything up. Also, anyone camera shy?

I hope you all have figured out what format your wanting to play. I'm not going to decide on that too. What ever you want, just let me know ahead if the course needs to set anything up. Also, anyone camera shy?

I did not think Golfchick was going. :laughing:

You might as well keep the sticks in the travel bag buddy- you'll be packing them up and throwing them away after I get done with you!

I now have 2 range sessions and 1 round in, the last being a quick range session about an hour ago. It went well, looking forward to next time.

Wow...Is this Jake calling out Dano????? Well the round went pretty well for the first time out officially in Omaha. Shot a 46 on the front, but I can count 6 or 7 strokes that I left out there with bad chips or 3 putts... My driver was working well all day and only got squirrelly on a couple of holes. Back nine shot a 39, with 3 birdies. Par three's killed me all day long.

Now Jake, I really hope you don't think you are going to come into my backyard and lay a whooping on me. I think this may be the year, I get out more than once or twice a month and that spells T.R.O.U.B.L.E. for you my friend, and you and I both know that. But I am not going to turn this thread into a back and forth banter between you and I. We have Tour Talk to do that.

Jake maybe you and I should move to a warmer climate where we can play golf 12 months a year so we don't have to reinvent things every year?

Sounds like you're hitting well my friend, that's good hopefully we'll both be on top of our game come the THP outing. Nothing worse than playing with people for the first time and stinking up the joint, I'm sure you hate it when you do that as often as you do. :wink: As far as moving, I was 100% ready to do that this winter, it just absolutely KILLED me this winter worse than others even. If we can talk the lovely ladies in our lives to do it I'm in! We can both do our jobs anywhere in the country, oh and probably make more money elsewhere!!!

Back on topic- Duey, I don't know what you were thinking as far as a format is concerned but I think we can just play golf if you'd like. We could do something like blind draw a partner and just play a 2 man best ball format as well. What if we divided the group by a certain handicap and those lower than X draw a partner from the higher handicap group. That way we can ensure we won't have the best 2 golfers whooping up on everyone. We've got 3 round to decide so we'll come up with something good I'm sure.

The two of you sound like Shank and Callaway, hehe. Quit sticking your tongues out at each other and get back on that short bus.

If I can get off the road and into a couple lessons you just might have trouble lurking on the course. I don't actually think we want a format that's competetive. I want everyone to come away relaxed, yet having a great time meeting and playing. I certainly hope this wind is down by then. I'm down in Kansas today and could hardly stand up against the gusts.

Just a bit more than one month away. I hope everyone is getting excited, I know I am. Made it out yesterday and didn't do too bad, shot an 81 and that's pretty exciting for me this early in the season. However, I could just as easily go out today and shoot a 91, hehe. I had promised to look at motels and just laid down on that one, but will try to get with it Monday if I don't have to be on the road for work.

How's Snickerdoodle holding up? You getting that shoulder back in shape? Let's hear from everyone, I hope your all still stocked up for this.

Oh yeah baby, I'm ready! I'll be going down to Omaha the weekend of April 24 for a couple of rounds at some exclusive courses, Dano has locked us in for a trip around Shadow Ridge and before that we're playing another former private club that morning. I've got a couple rounds under my belt, swing is feeling real good early on so hopefully I can show up and do THP proud.

Re: Midwest Golf Get Together THP Style

I'm hanging in. I'm out with the putter everyday....waiting for the full swing green light from McDreamy. I have another appointment on Monday so hopefully I've made some progress. I'm not sure what to expect. It's still pretty sore at times but nothing a little perc can't fix. lol.

I really hope to be swinging before the outing. I'd love to change my DL status to active. if it happens....it'll probably be my first round back....doh. look out!

I'm trying to get out of a business trip to Ohio in May. It doesn't look good. Sorry but it looks as if I won't make this outing, but do take some pics please. Have a great time everyone!

The two of you sound like Shank and Callaway, hehe. Quit sticking your tongues out at each other and get back on that short bus. If I can get off the road and into a couple lessons you just might have trouble lurking on the course. I don't actually think we want a format that's competetive. I want everyone to come away relaxed, yet having a great time meeting and playing. I certainly hope this wind is down by then. I'm down in Kansas today and could hardly stand up against the gusts.

haha, just caught this! i'm happy in the fact that i've successfully penetrated the midwest golfing group.

I'm hanging in. I'm out with the putter everyday....waiting for the full swing green light from McDreamy. I have another appointment on Monday so hopefully I've made some progress. I'm not sure what to expect. It's still pretty sore at times but nothing a little perc can't fix. lol.

I really hope to be swinging before the outing. I'd love to change my DL status to active. if it happens....it'll probably be my first round back....doh. look out!

LOL, I forgot about McDreamy, haha. That's pretty good news, sounds like your a bit ahead of schedule from what you were thinking at one point. Good luck on the road to recovery, can't wait for this to kick off.

I'm trying to get out of a business trip to Ohio in May. It doesn't look good. Sorry but it looks as if I won't make this outing, but do take some pics please. Have a great time everyone!

Dang, that's too bad mytime. I'll keep holding out hope for you making it. But, you can bet there will be a bunch of pictures. When I get a camera in hand I go nut's.

Calloway, you crack me up. I wish you were coming to this.

Dang, that's too bad mytime. I'll keep holding out hope for you making it. But, you can bet there will be a bunch of pictures. When I get a camera in hand I go nut's.

Calloway, you crack me up. I wish you were coming to this.

me too duey, you've got a great bunch together for this. one day we'll all get together and share some good times.

I just got off the phone with Mitch at Quarry Oak's. We still have our time, 8:50 AM Tuesday May 25th. How about we try to see who's commited? The list follow's, but I need a few more players to lock in here. JB is working to help us out, but nothing beats numbers, so contact me if you want in on the fun. If we get enough people here I'll try to talk Fwyngrns and Fourputt into playing the whole round with their 7 iron, lmao. Let's hear from you, COME ON!

SnickerDoodles
TheDue
Cwill
Puttin4Bird
Fourput
Crazygolfnut
Sodakrep
Fwyngrns
Dirt_guy
Dustklose

Who did I miss? Sorry, but I hope I missed several, lol. We want you there so come on in, the waters fine. Two great courses and were a bit short of people yet. I locked us in on the second day for 15 and may be paying several rounds out of my pocket for no one. Invite a couple friends to join us and encourage them to THP. This is about a great time everyone.

I just got off the phone with Mitch at Quarry Oak's. We still have our time, 8:50 AM Tuesday May 25th. How about we try to see who's commited? The list follow's, but I need a few more players to lock in here. JB is working to help us out, but nothing beats numbers, so contact me if you want in on the fun. If we get enough people here I'll try to talk Fwyngrns and Fourputt into playing the whole round with their 7 iron, lmao. Let's hear from you, COME ON!

SnickerDoodles
TheDue
Cwill
Puttin4Bird
Fourput
Crazygolfnut
Sodakrep
Fwyngrns
Dirt_guy
Dustklose

Who did I miss? Sorry, but I hope I missed several, lol. We want you there so come on in, the waters fine. Two great courses and were a bit short of people yet. I locked us in on the second day for 15 and may be paying several rounds out of my pocket for no one. Invite a couple friends to join us and encourage them to THP. This is about a great time everyone.

Duey, I have another one to add- his THP name is dakotagolfer, Dustklose and I played with him a while back and I can confirm he plans on coming. He just WON'T POST! He's a little rough around the edges with this computer age thing, but he's a good dude. Name is Jeff W. or you can add him as dakotagolfer.

Great to hear guy's, I'll get to it and redo the list. Sounds like Fourputt ran into a snag, so he can't join us now. I was really looking forward to meeting him. I may send a few PM's out and see who else want's locked in.

Great to hear guy's, I'll get to it and redo the list. Sounds like Fourputt ran into a snag, so he can't join us now. I was really looking forward to meeting him. I may send a few PM's out and see who else want's locked in.

if sonic wants to sponsor tcalloway1, he'd be there in a heartbeat! haha

Wish we could tc, things are starting to really shape up for a fun time. Just hop on that private jet of yours and join us, hehe

Back