Minnesota & Wisconsin Thread

Anyone in Minnesota part of the public country club membership. I have thought about signing up before but now have the official email to do so and pondering. You pay $70 a month and basically have access to 150 courses with designated tier levels some have no fees at all to golf at all if walking and a fee for carts. The higher tier courses do have a surcharge but it includes a cart. There are some time restrictions but don't think it would be that big of an issue for me for when I golf. Looking to see if others have joined and if you liked it or not.

View attachment 9241086
I remember seeing that and considering but never did it. Mainly because most courses on there were not ones that my regular golfing groups played.

Will be visiting family this spring. Staying in Woodbury. Walking distance to Eagle Valley and Prestwick. Are either or both worth a go? Any other must play courses nearby?

How hard is it to get on at Hazeltine? What's the weekday rate for May ususally?

I played here once. Not too far from where you'll be. It was a nice course with some interesting holes.

I played here once. Not too far from where you'll be. It was a nice course with some interesting holes.

Beautiful. Looks like it would be quite the day at the beach for me!

Will be visiting family this spring. Staying in Woodbury. Walking distance to Eagle Valley and Prestwick. Are either or both worth a go? Any other must play courses nearby?

How hard is it to get on at Hazeltine? What's the weekday rate for May ususally?
Hazeltine is private so not getting on there unless you got a member connection 😞

THP hosted an event there way back when. Just a single day thing. Good times!
Wow that is pretty cool. Did not know that 😁

Not walking but on the east side

we should start plotting another THP meet-up...
Yes sir. I agree. Would totally be up for something early season as we all knock off the cobwebs and come out from the hibernations.

Yes sir. I agree. Would totally be up for something early season as we all knock off the cobwebs and come out from the hibernations.
I am in northern Wisconsin, I would be up for a border round, as long as we can keep it less than a 4 hour drive. That gets me to about the twin cities/Lacrosse area.

I am in northern Wisconsin, I would be up for a border round, as long as we can keep it less than a 4 hour drive. That gets me to about the twin cities/Lacrosse area.
We try to do something across the border in WI to accommodate the folks making longer treks from WI. We did Troy Burne and St Croix National last year and they are both great courses but always up for courses that are reasonable travel distances for everyone involved.

Both are those courses you mentioned are good tracks to play for sure. As others Troy Burne is a good one or White Eagle. No insight from me on Hazeltine, you need to know a member.

we should start plotting another THP meet-up...

Definitely we will need to setup another meet up and play. I am in ad long as the dates work.

Both are those courses you mentioned are good tracks to play for sure. As others Troy Burne is a good one or White Eagle. No insight from me on Hazeltine, you need to know a member.
Thanks. I was hoping someone who's played them would chime in. I am assuming they are both walkable - is that correct?

Thanks. I was hoping someone who's played them would chime in. I am assuming they are both walkable - is that correct?

I am not a big walker due to bad knees but have played with others that that were walking. I think Eagle Valley is a little more hilly than Prestwick.

Anybody ever golf Trempealeau Mountain, or Drugan Castle Mound near Holmen? Though now that I look at a map that is pretty southern Minn.

Got out on Saturday in high 50s temp at Emerald Greens in the SE metro. It was glorious. Got an email from Bunker Hills that they are planning to stay open for the season barring any huge left turns. Love this!

Got out on Saturday in high 50s temp at Emerald Greens in the SE metro. It was glorious. Got an email from Bunker Hills that they are planning to stay open for the season barring any huge left turns. Love this!
I played Emerald the last 2 years. Which course did you play?

I played Emerald the last 2 years. Which course did you play?
Gold, which I had never played before. Had played Silver all the other times. It was very open and forgiving off the tee. Dont like it as much as Silver, weird routing to get to some tee boxes and had back to back par 3’s which is strange.

But if I am playing golf in MN outdoors this time of year, zero reasons to complain!

we opened this week too (Reedsburg WI), definitely hoping we don't get that big left turn.

we opened this week too (Reedsburg WI), definitely hoping we don't get that big left turn.
We've been open all year (on and off) they send out an email every couple of days about the conditions and time they will be open.

It's been nice, unfortunately I have not been able to play much which has been very sad.

Back