Minnesota & Wisconsin Thread

If there are any regional folks missing from this list feel free to add.

Just trying to get an idea of who would be open to getting together April 20 or April 27 for the MN/WI crew. @Daluteh and @lambeau will be departing for the Bagboy Championship in May so this will let them get some extra competition practice in.

@lambeau
@djt311
@jmix18
@Daluteh
@tahoebum
@cj3ap2
@leftygolfermn311
@MattyD-MPLS
@LIMEY13
@lukemartin93
@Golfever
I'm tentatively in for the 20th. I apparently have family visiting the 27th, and he's a much better golfer than I am so I'm not sure I want to invite him to make me look bad (even worse)!

Just trying to get an idea of who would be open to getting together April 20 or April 27 for the MN/WI crew. @Daluteh and @lambeau will be departing for the Bagboy Championship in May so this will let them get some extra competition practice in.

@lambeau
@djt311
@jmix18
@Daluteh
@tahoebum
@cj3ap2
@leftygolfermn311
@MattyD-MPLS
@LIMEY13
@lukemartin93
@Golfever
Unfortunately unless something drastically changes I am out until probably the late summer/fall.

Unfortunately I won’t be out there yet, but would love to be a part of something like this in the future

@lambeau
@djt311
@jmix18
@Daluteh
@tahoebum
@cj3ap2
@leftygolfermn311
@MattyD-MPLS
@LIMEY13
@lukemartin93
@Golfever
I'm interested! Where ya thinking? 20th would be better for me.

I'm interested! Where ya thinking? 20th would be better for me.
Based on the folks that come from outside the metro area, we have targeted just across the border in WI. Last one we did was at Troy Burne in Hudson and we did one at St. Croix National too. I am all for ideas if folks have strong feelings on certain courses. @lambeau certainly gets the short end of the straw on these as he has the longest haul so.
White Eagle is also a possibility as that is the same general area. We eliminated that one due to cost at the time last year but their rates have gone way down for early season and reasonable. I am very flexible so you guys tell me.

Hudson, Red Wing, and Owatonna are all about the same distance for me, so depending on where other people are coming from those areas are all something i can pull off for a there-and-back golf day.

I really need to make a meet up work for sure to meet some of y’all but 20th wife will be in San Diego and 27th I have a Men’s Club event.

@lambeau
@djt311
@jmix18
@Daluteh
@tahoebum
@cj3ap2
@leftygolfermn311
@MattyD-MPLS
@LIMEY13
@lukemartin93
@Golfever
Looks like 1 more would make it an even 12. Hope I do better than I did this weekend. Pushed all my drives the first nine. Straitened those out, then started hitting my irons fat. Very depressing first round of the year, but can't b*tch too much, I am golfing in mid-March.

Hudson, Red Wing, and Owatonna are all about the same distance for me, so depending on where other people are coming from those areas are all something i can pull off for a there-and-back golf day.
That's the entire SE portion of the state, that has to be like 3 hours? None of us are 3 hours into anything going south that way, with me being the closest in SE MN already. We could do almost anything in MN and you would still have the longest drive. @Wonger are some of the courses up north opening soon / now?

I'm in SE metro and could be down.

I'm about 3 hours from the Hudson area from up here in the northwoods. So that would be the southernmost I would want to go.

Man i so want to join you guys, but trying to do this a week before our family location would probably leave me divorced.

One of these days I will though!

Man i so want to join you guys, but trying to do this a week before our family location would probably leave me divorced.

One of these days I will though!
Starting to pick up some more folks from WI here so maybe after this April outing, one of you boys from WI lines something up that is a little easier on the travel for you guys and the MN contingent treks a little further. Only fair.

Looks like April 20th seems to be a pretty decent date from anyone that has responded thus far. Will throw out another message with ins/outs and give anyone else that hasnt replied a chance to chime in.

i will definitely keep the idea in mind of putting up a fall outing in the Wisconsin Dells area.
if people wanted to play more than one course, that's a great place for an overnight...can even bring the family and let them go waterparking...

i will definitely keep the idea in mind of putting up a fall outing in the Wisconsin Dells area.
if people wanted to play more than one course, that's a great place for an overnight...can even bring the family and let them go waterparking...
I have coupons for a free round at 3 courses there. Cold Water Canyon, Trappers Turn, and Wild Rock. If you can decide early enough on which courses to play, I could hold on to them until then.

I am out.

I am wintering in Florida until May 10th so I am out as well. Sorry to miss this one as I grew up less than a mile to the west of Troy Burne.

So White Eagle is easier to get tee times at? I have golfed neither of the courses, so will be happy with either.

So White Eagle is easier to get tee times at? I have golfed neither of the courses, so will be happy with either.
Not necessarily. Just different booking windows. Can book Troy Burne 3 weeks in advance while White Eagle is only 7 days in advance.
My plan will be to book Troy Burne when it opens up and if folks decide they would rather play White Eagle, I can book there and cancel Burne.

7 confirmed so far

@cj3ap2
@widespot
In? Out? Bueller?

IN
@lambeau
@Wonger
@Daluteh
@Golfever
@MGR22
@LIMEY13
@jmix18

Not necessarily. Just different booking windows. Can book Troy Burne 3 weeks in advance while White Eagle is only 7 days in advance.
My plan will be to book Troy Burne when it opens up and if folks decide they would rather play White Eagle, I can book there and cancel Burne.

7 confirmed so far

@cj3ap2
@widespot
In? Out? Bueller?

IN
@lambeau
@Wonger
@Daluteh
@Golfever
@MGR22
@LIMEY13
@jmix18
@lambeau @LIMEY13 what tee time window you want me to shoot for since you guys will be doing the early windshield time?
Troy Burne will have their 3 week advance for 4/20 tomorrow so will get something on the books.

@lambeau @LIMEY13 what tee time window you want me to shoot for since you guys will be doing the early windshield time?
Troy Burne will have their 3 week advance for 4/20 tomorrow so will get something on the books.
I would say anything after..... 11am?

Back