Minnesota & Wisconsin Thread

It is a hour and half drive for me:)

Fun facts:
There are 120 bunkers nearly half by greens
Greens average 8500 sq. ft. Bentgrass
4 lakes and a bubbling burne flowing at 1200-1500gallons a minute. Toataling, water in play on 8 holes

Good luck gentlemen!

Fun facts:
4 lakes and a bubbling burne flowing at 1200-1500gallons a minute. Toataling, water in play on 8 holes

Good luck gentlemen!
Same. I’m right around 90 minutes. I’m also up at 4am so I’m good with anything when they open, there is no too early.

Fun facts:

Good luck gentlemen!
Burne is a nice course. I liked it. Would have no problem playing it again. Just threw out the other option in case folks wanted to try another course. Totally fine either way.

Fun facts:

Good luck gentlemen!
Another fun fact - I got a net ace there last year.

Didn't help me win any of the games we played, but it happened and @Wonger was in the cart with me.

Another fun fact - I got a net ace there last year.

Didn't help me win any of the games we played, but it happened and @Wonger was in the cart with me.
What was it about 50 ft on that putt you holed? 💪

What was it about 50 ft on that putt you holed? 💪
Legend has it, it was 83 feet uphill both ways and I did it with metal spikes and a persimmon golf club.

But yeah, it was a shot of miracle luck that had according to shot scope it was only 39 feet.

IMG_2493.png

Legend has it, it was 83 feet uphill both ways and I did it with metal spikes and a persimmon golf club.

But yeah, it was a shot of miracle luck that had according to shot scope it was only 39 feet.

View attachment 9252448
Don’t short change yourself. Does shotscope actually show the pin location accurately in the image or does it always show middle?
Because I know for sure the pin location was back right.
Either way it was an awesome putt!

Tell me when and where and I'm there.... providing there is no volleyball that weekend. Can pick up some guys on the way if needed - coming from West of twin cities.

Tell me when and where and I'm there.... providing there is no volleyball that weekend. Can pick up some guys on the way if needed - coming from West of twin cities.
I'll be expecting a ride, I'm "barely" out of the way!

Has anyone done a fitting at 2nd Swing for used clubs?

I really want to get fitted because 1.) I suffer from short-arm-itis. and 2.) My clubs are ancient to the point I need a whole new set.
What delays me is the fact that their prices are so much higher than what I can get from other sources. I understand this is the payment for the "free fitting", but at the same time, with the used clubs, you get more of the sales associates helping you than a fitter and you get a limited window to try stuff out.

I really want to get fitted because 1.) I suffer from short-arm-itis. and 2.) My clubs are ancient to the point I need a whole new set.
What delays me is the fact that their prices are so much higher than what I can get from other sources. I understand this is the payment for the "free fitting", but at the same time, with the used clubs, you get more of the sales associates helping you than a fitter and you get a limited window to try stuff out.
I'd recommend JT at Golf Galaxy in Woodbury. Tell him Craig sent you 👍🏼

I have been fitted at 2nd swing for new irons twice with the tour van fitting and it doesn't cost anything because I spent over a certain amount. I think you can do the same with used clubs. They have a few different options which can be found here

I have been fitted at 2nd swing for new irons twice with the tour van fitting and it doesn't cost anything because I spent over a certain amount. I think you can do the same with used clubs. They have a few different options which can be found here
@Mulliganizer I've done 2nd Swing tour van a few times as well. I've always felt it's been worth it. If you go to the Minnetonka location ask for Larry Bobka. Had him a few weeks ago and he's a stud. Worked with Tiger back in the day and knows his stuff. Walked in and told him what I was looking for and he looks at me and says..."Oh... an internet golfer huh?? How about you let me do my job and get you in the best setup for your swing." I said nothing after that and just hit what he told me to hit as he tinkered for 90 min. New sticks coming this week and couldn't be more excited.

@Mulliganizer I've done 2nd Swing tour van a few times as well. I've always felt it's been worth it. If you go to the Minnetonka location ask for Larry Bobka. Had him a few weeks ago and he's a stud. Worked with Tiger back in the day and knows his stuff. Walked in and told him what I was looking for and he looks at me and says..."Oh... an internet golfer huh?? How about you let me do my job and get you in the best setup for your swing." I said nothing after that and just hit what he told me to hit as he tinkered for 90 min. New sticks coming this week and couldn't be more excited.
I have always enjoyed the experience, I didn't have him as a fitter but felt my fitters did do a great job and loved the clubs I was fit into. I would definitely recommend the tour van fitting. As soon as I am of the IR I plan on doing a driver fitting so maybe can check Larry out.

I have always enjoyed the experience, I didn't have him as a fitter but felt my fitters did do a great job and loved the clubs I was fit into. I would definitely recommend the tour van fitting. As soon as I am of the IR I plan on doing a driver fitting so maybe can check Larry out.
Wife and I did it a few weeks ago. I was wanting her to get new irons....well really a full new setup and she walks out with the same irons, new driver and new wood.... I was hoping for some Mizzy 245's with graphite irons and I walk out of there with the new Ping i530's and a new driver.... (Driver is dope by the way!).

Love 2nd Swing as they really try to get you want you need not what they want you to get.

Yeah. I was looking through the bio's of the fitters. It seems like the 'higher end' fitters are the ones doing the new gear/vans tour fittings and everyone else does the shorter general fittings for used gear.

Do we have an eighth yet for the 20th?

I would check if my daughter wanted to, but she will probably be working at our home course by then.

She said she is not working that weekend, but is worried because she has only golfed 2 seasons so far, and is not that good. She asked if you guys were accepting amateurs, and I said they are accepting me. She said there is a large difference between those levels of amateurism. I told her I would check with you guys.

Do we have an 8th yet, or could I bring my daughter?

Do we have an 8th yet, or could I bring my daughter?
Hey been offline for a bit so sorry for the late response. I have not heard from anyone else yet so that 8th spot is still open. Most of us are a bunch of amateur hacks so as long as she doesn’t mind us slowing her down I have no problem with it.

Back