Morgan Cup Equipment, what would you choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
awesome thread Freddie!
i love my Cleveland/Srixon/NC gear...especially my Custom wedges and Custom NC putter. but i do have a little side envy for all the sweet gear that the B-Stone and Callaway staffers have been setup with, not gonna lie...

whether they were available or not, it was only a joke and speculation for trash talk reasons. when i saw the link, i was quite surprised that all their old irons were still offered, so i figured it couldn't be correct.
playing the CG16's in the MC2 would be like a TM staffer from the first Morgan Cup going with the R7's! sure they're amazing clubs, but it almost wouldn't be fair because they could've potentially already had years worth of practice with them.

I really do think I would go with the CG16 or CG16 tours. I love the 588 MB's but I'm not man enough for true blades. Other than those the CG16's are by far my favorite Cleveland irons I've hit.

damn! you're not messing around are you AD?

I've been through that selection game for real...too important to mess around with when the great sponsors open the vault like they've done for you all. Plus, just a fun exercise, and a great thread idea.

Now we're talking! Good looking set up. Destined to go low.

Thanks!! Honestly it was tough to get down to 14 clubs...had a 3 wood/5 wood in there for a while, but had only left room for one wedge. So many great lines to choose from this year!!

Great Idea for a thread Freddie...I love seeing all the other bags filled out....glad to see some Callaway love in here too...they have been awesome to work with and have opened the doors on the club vault for us staffers this year!

We ordered putters today, and irons and hybrids should be here anyday now....it's awesome....Big Shoutouts to all three sponsors for treating a couple of dozen normal guys like PGA Tour Pros!!..Cleveland/Srixon, Bridgeston and of course CALLAWAY GOLF!!

I love seeing all these bags. Great idea. Lots of Cleveland love, but I think if people actually hit the Callaway stuff they might change their minds in a heartbeat. I haven't hit much Callaway stuff the last couple of years but this years stuff is LEGIT. Not knocking Cleveland or Bridgestone, I love their lineup for this year, but now that I have hit so much of the new Callaway lineup there isn't any doubt that the company is on its way back to the top.

The decision would be really tough for me, but I think in the end I would have to go with what I know and what works for me so my bag would look like this:

Cleveland Bag

Cleveland Black Driver 10.5
Mashie 3W & 5W
Mashie 3H & 4H
Mashie Irons 6-SW
NC Sub 30 Putter - Type 30

Im digging all the bags in this thread, it ain't easy with stellar sponsors. Think about the 24 repping in the Morgan cup, these boys had some serious decisions to make.

I had a super hard decision picking just one sponsor. Almost created a bag from each sponsor to post.

I think I would have to pick Bridgestone, but almost want to pick Cleveland... I think a mix of the 2 would be a dream.
I love the driver options, the irons I'd lean more towards Bridgestone, Wedges and hybrids def. Cleveland.

This is not an easy choice, even just for conversation.

Few questions for those with the answers:

Is it required that a staffer play all 14 clubs from their sponsor? For example if I was a Cleveland staffer I'd really like to sub in a different FW. Or if it was absolutely crucial that you used an insert putter. Or you refused to not play the ProV1 :)

Can you put your own shaft on a club if the shaft wasn't an offering (say a non-miya for a cleveland guy)?

Were Srixon clubs an option for Cleveland staffers?

Is it required that a staffer play all 14 clubs from their sponsor? For example if I was a Cleveland staffer I'd really like to sub in a different FW. Or if it was absolutely crucial that you used an insert putter. Or you refused to not play the ProV1 :)

Can you put your own shaft on a club if the shaft wasn't an offering (say a non-miya for a cleveland guy)?

Dude, its a privilege to rep any of these companies, why on earth would you NOT want to bag all 14 to support your sponsor to the fullest???

Dude, its a privilege to rep any of these companies, why on earth would you NOT want to bag all 14 to support your sponsor to the fullest???

Some people don't get it Jman and it's a shame.

Personally I can't hit either FW offerings from Cleveland currently. Isn't that an issue, regardless of any of the meaning behind the MC?

To answer your questions: Yes, No, No.

YES, you have to only play clubs from your sponsor. Seriously?

NO. You have to choose from only the equipment specified by your sponsor. (For example, you cannot use the Razr Fit TA because that was not an option). ProV1 is not an option anyway, since it is a Titleist product and they are not one of the sponsors. We were given a vsariety of shaft options to choose from, and we had to stay on that list.

I can't answer the Cleveland or Srixon option question. I don't think any of the staffers did pick any Srixon clubs though, perhaps that was not an option for them (maybe they were only offered Cleveland clubs).

Lastly, in your first post in the thread you put a bag by all the sponsors when the question was which sponsor would you choose, and what equipment would you pick?

Some people don't get it Jman and it's a shame.

I think the hardest part for you guys was picking what clubs to bag from their choosing. They all have some serious clubs they released this year and gave you guys some tough choices to make.

Personally I can't hit either FW offerings from Cleveland currently. Isn't that an issue, regardless of any of the meaning behind the MC?

Iceman once you get a letter from your sponsor wtrust me that you would be honored to bag any club they want you to. Part of this journey is giving your extended thoughts on all of the equipment you get. Its not really that important in the long run if you don't have the absolute best 3W for your game. More important is sharing your thoughts about the equipment and repping the sponsor and THP.

If you are ever lucky enough to share this journey, you will understand. Its flat out awe inspiring. I can remember what I was doing when I was asked to be a Captain. Its just an amazing experience that is made up of big and small moments that I will remember for the rest of my life. I will share a special bond with my fellow MCers and the volunteers. I literally cant wait for that week and yet don't want the buildup to ever end.

I hope someday you can experience this. You will then understand.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I'm amazed, baffled, and stunned all at the same time. I should know better though.

Well said Chunky. The Morgan Cup, though is a tour experience for you, is much much more than it being about you. Its not about if you can hit the hybrid or fairway or if you don't get along with the wedges. I consider myself extremely lucky to have been a part of this event and process each of the past 2 years.

Iceman once you get a letter from your sponsor wtrust me that you would be honored to bag any club they want you to. Part of this journey is giving your extended thoughts on all of the equipment you get. Its not really that important in the long run if you don't have the absolute best 3W for your game. More important is sharing your thoughts about the equipment and repping the sponsor and THP.

If you are ever lucky enough to share this journey, you will understand. Its flat out awe inspiring. I can remember what I was doing when I was asked to be a Captain. Its just an amazing experience that is made up of big and small moments that I will remember for the rest of my life. I will share a special bond with my fellow MCers and the volunteers. I literally cant wait for that week and yet don't want the buildup to ever end.

I hope someday you can experience this. You will then understand.

I think it would be a better idea for those who "get it" and have yet to have the opportunity to take part in this get the opportunity first. They would be the ones who would appreciate the event the most versus someone who might be a little confused as to what it is all about.

I think it would be a better idea for those who "get it" and have yet to have the opportunity to take part in this get the opportunity first. They would be the ones who would appreciate the event the most versus someone who might be a little confused as to what it is all about.

Haha I said someday WR

Oh man what I would give to be a part of it!! The opportunity THP and all the sponsors provide is one that I would never give up having the opportunity

I am a big Cleveland fan so these would probably be my choices:

Classic 290 12*
Mashie 15.50* & 20.50* Fairway Wood
Mashie 23* Hybrid
Black Irons & Wedge 5-GW (48*) (graphite)
588 Wedges 52 & 56
Classic Black Platinum 5.5 Putter (only center shafted putter I could find)

Last edited:
KB I really like that bag!

If you can learn to play lefty I will steal Yorkems bag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back