Morgan Cup Equipment, what would you choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ill sneak into his car tomorrow

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

CG Classic 290 12* w/ Kusala White X-Flex
CG Black 3 wood w/ GD Tour Ad-Di 6 stiff
CG Mashie M3 w/ Miyazaki Kua Stiff
CG Black 4-5 iron w/ KBS Tour Reg+
CG 588 CB 6-9 w/ KBS Tour Stiff
CG 588 MB PW w/ KBS Tour Stiff+
CG 588 Forged Wedge 51*, 55*, 58* w/ KBS Tour X-flex
CG Black Platinum 5.5 putter

Gosh damn that's a sweet dream of a bag. I'm drooling all over myself.

I think it would be a better idea for those who "get it" and have yet to have the opportunity to take part in this get the opportunity first. They would be the ones who would appreciate the event the most versus someone who might be a little confused as to what it is all about.

I certainly "get it" and after playing with 4 MCers at the Outing and another one at another gathering I would be honored to play for any OEM. Seeing how excited and how happy they are to be getting tour-like treatment from these OEM's is really something to behold and something these guys should be proud of. I just hope that someday, I can add my name to the list of Morgan Cup players.

Last edited:
I certainly "get it" and after playing with 3 MCers at the Outing and another one at another gathering I would be honored to play for any OEM. Seeing how excited and how happy they are to be getting tour-like treatment from these OEM's is really something to behold and something these guys should be proud of. I just hope that someday, I can add my name to the list of Morgan Cup players.

2013 man!! Every MC I watch from my computer chair reminds me of how lucky these guys are, and from everything I've seen, THP and the guys repping embrace the heck out of it.

To be sponsored just to do something you love.. Unreal.

I would take Cleveland/Srixon/Miyazaki

Cleveland Black Driver
Srixon Z-Star 4 Wood
Cleveland Tour Mashie
Srixon Z-Star Irons
Cleveland CG16 Wedges
Never Compromise Robusto Putter

My dream MC bag:

Cleveland Classic 290 w/Miyazaki Kusala indigo 61s
Mashie F3
Mashie m3
588 MB 4-Pw
588 chrome 50 54 58
NC Connoisseur Robusto in lefty (yeah they don't make these but it *is* a dream bag)

This is a fascinating thread. There is no doubt all three of the OEMs make fantastic clubs, but there seems to be a preponderance of Cleveland Golf. I think it is fascinating how much Cleveland has captured the mindshare of people - and not just here at THP, but even at golf shops or with people I've played with lately.

As for me, I'd probably go Cleveland, but I can't lie, I'm totally intrigued by a Bridgestone bag:

Driver: J40 445 10.5°
Fairway: J40 in 16° (although I'd consider the 14° as a driving fairway wood)
Hybrids: J40 in 3h and 4h
Irons: J40 Dual Pocket 5-PW
Wedges: J40 Black Oxide in 52°, 56° and 60°
Putter: Bettinardi Studio Stock #9 Wide Body ... ooowee those putters are sweeeeeet!
Ball: e6
And I dig the Bridgestone Staff Bag.

Gotta go with Bridgestone mainly because the irons and hybrids are the best I've ever hit.

Driver: J40 445 10.5* Project X 5.5
Fairway: J40 4W 16* Project X 5.5
Hybrids: J40 2h 18*, 3h 21*, 4h 24* Project X 5.5
Irons: J40 Cavity Back 5-PW Project X 5.5
Wedges: J40 Satin Chrome 52*, 56* DG Spinner
Putter: Bettinardi Signature Model One
Ball: B330-RXS
Bridgestone staff bag in the oh so awesome yellow! :clap:

Very cool thread!

Few questions for those with the answers:

Is it required that a staffer play all 14 clubs from their sponsor? For example if I was a Cleveland staffer I'd really like to sub in a different FW. Or if it was absolutely crucial that you used an insert putter. Or you refused to not play the ProV1 :)

Can you put your own shaft on a club if the shaft wasn't an offering (say a non-miya for a cleveland guy)?

Were Srixon clubs an option for Cleveland staffers?

Each Morgan Cup member is sponsored by one of 3 Fantastic OEM's and as such will be given a full 14 club sponsorship deal for the weekend of the Morgan Cup, so yes you would obligated to play the clubs your sponsor provided.

When ordering clubs we were given a list of what was available to us and a list of shaft and grip options on those clubs. We all selected the options that we thought best fit our games...you are not allowed to alter the clubs in any other fashion including changing shafts or even adding different weights in the case of the Razr Fit Driver.

Yes, the Morgan Cup is a "tour like" experience for the 24 participants, but it's more about the opportunity to rep your sponsor and THP. If a certain club doesn't fit your swing...then dont hit it....or do what several of us have done and work our tails off to get to the point where you can hit it.

You have to remember the OEM's involved in the Morgan Cup don't do this out of charity, it's not a write off to them, it's an investment. It is a legitimate promotional expense for them and as such they want to see their staffers testing their equipment and reporting the results both here on THP and on Facebook and Twitter. As a staffer it's our responsibility to make sure our sponsors are happy...to make plenty of posts and report our findings....if the OEM's arent happy....there will be NO future Morgan Cups.

The Morgan Cup is more than a chance to play in a cool tournment in a great location, it's more that a bag full of new equipment, it's more than wins and losses, more than trash talk and competition.

The Morgan Cup is about 24 lucky people that are given the honor of representing 3 wonderful sponsors like Bridgestone, Cleveland/Srixon and Callaway golf and it's also about the honor of representing this incredible place that we all love so much while making friendships and memories that will last a lifetime.

That's the true meaning of Christmas Charlie Brown.

Rep added for a damn fine post.
Each Morgan Cup member is sponsored by one of 3 Fantastic OEM's and as such will be given a full 14 club sponsorship deal for the weekend of the Morgan Cup, so yes you would obligated to play the clubs your sponsor provided.

When ordering clubs we were given a list of what was available to us and a list of shaft and grip options on those clubs. We all selected the options that we thought best fit our games...you are not allowed to alter the clubs in any other fashion including changing shafts or even adding different weights in the case of the Razr Fit Driver.

Yes, the Morgan Cup is a "tour like" experience for the 24 participants, but it's more about the opportunity to rep your sponsor and THP. If a certain club doesn't fit your swing...then dont hit it....or do what several of us have done and work our tails off to get to the point where you can hit it.

You have to remember the OEM's involved in the Morgan Cup don't do this out of charity, it's not a write off to them, it's an investment. It is a legitimate promotional expense for them and as such they want to see their staffers testing their equipment and reporting the results both here on THP and on Facebook and Twitter. As a staffer it's our responsibility to make sure our sponsors are happy...to make plenty of posts and report our findings....if the OEM's arent happy....there will be NO future Morgan Cups.

The Morgan Cup is more than a chance to play in a cool tournment in a great location, it's more that a bag full of new equipment, it's more than wins and losses, more than trash talk and competition.

The Morgan Cup is about 24 lucky people that are given the honor of representing 3 wonderful sponsors like Bridgestone, Cleveland/Srixon and Callaway golf and it's also about the honor of representing this incredible place that we all love so much while making friendships and memories that will last a lifetime.

That's the true meaning of Christmas Charlie Brown.

I certainly "get it" and after playing with 3 MCers at the Outing and another one at another gathering I would be honored to play for any OEM. Seeing how excited and how happy they are to be getting tour-like treatment from these OEM's is really something to behold and something these guys should be proud of. I just hope that someday, I can add my name to the list of Morgan Cup players.

What if Puma was your sponsor!

What if Puma was your sponsor!

I could certainly build out a pretty good bag of Cobra/Puma golf gear. And I would just hope to high heavens that I would get the choice of the full Puma Golf line to choose from.

I could certainly build out a pretty good bag of Cobra/Puma golf gear. And I would just hope to high heavens that I would get the choice of the full Puma Golf line to choose from.

what if they made you wear shorts hehe

What did TC choose??? That's what I would choose! Just set up so I could hit from the correct side of the ball.

what if they made you wear shorts hehe

That would be tough....but if thats what the sponsor wants, thats what the sponsor gets!

Do any of the sponsors offer branded bibs? I would be in so much shock....

amazement.jpg

As others have said, I have a hard time sticking with just one OEM. Seems no one does everything great (although PING may be getting close). With Callaway, I have never liked their irons, and I am disappointed with the things I'm hearing about those gorgeous new wedges. I also don't like very many Odyssey putters. With Cleveland, I don't like their putters or wedges, and I don't think they have a line of irons targeted towards players like me right now. With Bridgestone, I'm just not familiar enough with their stuff....but the Bettinardi putter selection makes this one quite tasty. So, my Bridgestone bag would be:

Driver: J40 430 9.5* with Aldila NV 65 Reg flex shaft
Woods: J40 14* and 18* with Project X 5.5 shafts
Irons: J40 DPC 4-PW with Proejct X 55. graphite shafts
Wedges: J40 satin chrome 52 (bent to 51), 56 and 60

Putter: Bettinardi QB2

Ball: B330-RXS.

I do like that Brigestone bag Rusty!
I will say that Cleveland does seem to have every part of the golfer spectrum covered with their irons though.

I do like that Brigestone bag Rusty!
I will say that Cleveland does seem to have every part of the golfer spectrum covered with their irons though.

I didn't mean to sound too critical. I just don't think I'm good enough for the 588s, but the CG Blacks and various styles of CG16s do not appeal to me. OTOH, if they were sponsoring me, I'm sure I could find a way to make it work!

I didn't mean to sound too critical. I just don't think I'm good enough for the 588s, but the CG Blacks and various styles of CG16s do not appeal to me. OTOH, if they were sponsoring me, I'm sure I could find a way to make it work!

Heck I think you'd love those J40's anyway!

Cool thread idea! I would go with Cleveland/Srixon.

Driver - Cleveland Classic
Hybrids - M2 18, M3 20.5
Irons - 588 Forged CB iron 4i-9i
Wedges - 588 47, 51, 55, 59
Putter - NC Flush 33.5in

Love the thread idea, we were just talking about something similar at work the other day.

I think I would go with Cleveland.

Driver: Classic Tour 8.5*
Woods: CG Black 3W
Hybrids: Mashie M3
Irons: 588 Forged CB 4-9
Wedges: 588 Black Pearl 48, 52, 56, 60
Putter: NC Sub 30 Type 20 35"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back