Nicklaus ML4 Driver - Forum Testing Review

yep square at the least, but def not closed!

ML4 Review Update

Played 18 this morning. The ML4 continues to flat out perform. It's long. It's forgiving. It's fun. I'm receiving comments from my playing partners how long I'm hitting the ball. One guy told me, "You're too old to be hitting it that far."

Don't get me wrong, I still hit my share of bad shots, but overall this is the best driver I've ever hit. I'm searching for weaknesses but have yet to find any.

I'll continue to test and post.

Thought I would just throw up my very short thoughts on this driver. Hit it on Saturday at the Demo Day and man I just couldn't hit the damn thing. I was very tired at that point but I don't think it was that. I hit the Razr right before and was killing that. Took the ML4 and topped 4 straight with it. Went back to the Cally and was killing it. I don't know what it was about it but it is not for me. Maybe it was heavier or something?

Quick question: Does anyone know the hosel diameter of the ML4? I Googled it but came up with nothing. I'd like to line up a shaft or two in case the stock Fuji doesn't work for me. TIA.

Quick question: Does anyone know the hosel diameter of the ML4? I Googled it but came up with nothing. I'd like to line up a shaft or two in case the stock Fuji doesn't work for me. TIA.

.335 WMac, I know for a fact lol

bad driving day all around, my swing is too upright... dont know how that started, so everything is going left, driver, 3 wood, mashie... but i got ahold of one... one good drive.. slight fade about 270 with roll.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

i never felt a drive that good ever!! it felt so pure off the face!!!... now if i can figure out what i did on that swing, we are in business!!!

ML4 Review Update

Another very good round with the ML4. I really like the ball flight: high and penetrating, which equals carry and distance. I had a few misfires, but I also hit a couple of real bombs (way above my pay grade). The ML4 wants to be your friend. I know that sounds odd, but the way it's performed so far that's the only conclusion I can come to.

I'll be back soon.

have a 1030 am round for tomorrow, hopefully i can duplicate my good driver swing tomorrow!!

Good reviews folks, I especially like Sean's comment that the ML4 wants to be your friend. Hang in there MK you will be bombing it regularly soon. And thanks CL for your honest feedback. That is what THP reviews are all about, honest feedback.

About to head out to a 4 man scramble tourney as I type this, should have some good feedback when I get back. Teammates are looking to me to be consistent on the drives because, well, I'm the only "real golfer" in the group hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
good luck jman!!

About to head out to a 4 man scramble tourney as I type this, should have some good feedback when I get back. Teammates are looking to me to be consistent on tw drives because, well, I'm the only "real golfer" in the group hahaha

Good luck out there and look forward to your feedback. Good reviews and write ups in here so far.

About to head out to a 4 man scramble tourney as I type this, should have some good feedback when I get back. Teammates are looking to me to be consistent on the drives because, well, I'm the only "real golfer" in the group hahaha

Have fun out there!

OEM we need to get up for a round!!

Good luck! After hitting this at demo I think the reviews are pretty spot on with what I saw. Keep the good stuff coming guys!

just tap it in!

ML4 Review Update

My apologies for sounding like a broken record but after numerous rounds this driver continues to perform extremely well. It's long. It's forgiving. It sounds great. It feels great.

Please forgive me, I'm going to get a little technical here: the ML4 kick a**.

ML4 Review Update

My apologies for sounding like a broken record but after numerous rounds this driver continues to perform extremely well. It's long. It's forgiving. It sounds great. It feels great.

Please forgive me, I'm going to get a little technical here: the ML4 kick a**.

Well, let me repeat the broken record then.

Played in the scramble today, team was terrible but we had an absolute blast. I hit 9/14 fairways, amazing for me still.

The bottom line is this, and I've stopped short of saying it a couple times...

I love this club. Love. It oozes confidence for me, from address and the way it sits a bit open, the sound, the feel at impact, and most of all the performance. I have hit linger drives here and there with other drivers, but, I have never ever been this consistent in hitting fairways and staying in play off the tee. Not to mention I'm actually confident enough I shaped the ball a couple times today. This is my driver.

I should get out nect week a few times and will keep with the updates for you all and the company for sure.

Great stuff Jman!

i was at rock manor today!! greens were the fastest i ever played anywhere, still managed an 89!

anyway nothing good to report, i was slicing the driver all day! even my 3 wood off the tee i was slicing... so more then anything my driver swing was off.. sucks it such a beautiful day. ill be out again tuesday, hopefully with better results to report back with! even with the slice i was still managing about 220 ish... and i still like the looks and sound this driver is producing!!!

i was at rock manor today!! greens were the fastest i ever played anywhere, still managed an 89!

anyway nothing good to report, i was slicing the driver all day! even my 3 wood off the tee i was slicing... so more then anything my driver swing was off.. sucks it such a beautiful day. ill be out again tuesday, hopefully with better results to report back with! even with the slice i was still managing about 220 ish... and i still like the looks and sound this driver is producing!!!

i hope so to buddy, it sucks having a bad day on course, ive had allot of them this year lol

it wasnt bad though, i shot an 89 which is my lowest for the year, usually low 90s, my irons saved me a bunch, and my putter was on!! if i can get my drives working i think ill start going low 80s,

Good feedback guys. Sounds like this driver is a winner.

ML4 Review Update

Another good day with the ML4. Sure I hit a few wayward drives, but this driver continues to impress. I've now had numerous rounds and a number of ranges sessions with the ML4. This driver is the real deal.

ML4 Review Update

Another good day with the ML4. Sure I hit a few wayward drives, but this driver continues to impress. I've now had numerous rounds and a number of ranges sessions with the ML4. This driver is the real deal.

Wish this would have taken place before I bought my Razr. I loved it on the range and just can't translate it to the course yet. I am going ot try to get out and hit the ML4 soon to see how it compares. Great reviews guys.

Back