Nike 20Xi Golf Ball

Going to give these a try again this weekend. Going for lucky number 4 hopefully. The first three, I liked the performance, but durability was downright below average as shown by my pictures. We will see how this round goes. Going to play two balls and see what comes out of it.

I have to agree with you on the durability. I went through a sleeve today and not one is in good shape. The grooves from my wedges combined with the dry conditions really took toll on the balls. Performance was great just not used to taking balls out of play after 6 holes.

Going to give these a try again this weekend. Going for lucky number 4 hopefully. The first three, I liked the performance, but durability was downright below average as shown by my pictures. We will see how this round goes. Going to play two balls and see what comes out of it.

I hate that. Wanted to try these. But not gonna waste the money.

I bought a dozen of these and have lost everyone that I used. I'm not a big fan so far and in my tests they are shorter than the old v1x.

Cheapest price you guys have seen for either a sleeve or a dozen? I think I saw $11 for a sleeve. Not worth trying them out at that price yet

Cheapest price you guys have seen for either a sleeve or a dozen? I think I saw $11 for a sleeve. Not worth trying them out at that price yet

When you come down call me and I'll give you a sleeve to test out. How many are coming with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm shocked to hear about the durability issue a lot of you are having. I have yet to play these, but I just remember the one tour balls to be built like steal. The only balls I have ever played more than one round with.

I pulled a pristine X out of the rough on the second hole today and played 16 holes with it. I hit multiple full wedge shots with non conforming Vokeys and didn't find the durability to be all that bad. Good enough for 16 and would've went 18. The ball did look rough, but still playable. Not a two round ball, that's for sure. But then again neither are Cally or Titleist balls.

Serious golfers use Tapatalk.

I found one of these the other day and really enjoyed the feel I was getting - it performed well around the greens for me and I didn't seem to be losing any distance. But, wow, I absolutely shredded them - I agree with everyone else here on the durability. It was torn after about five holes for me. I'll definitely consider gaming them more often though - I like the way they play.

I'm shocked to hear about the durability issue a lot of you are having. I have yet to play these, but I just remember the one tour balls to be built like steal. The only balls I have ever played more than one round with.

The One Tour and Tour D's were 10x more durable than the 20XI, i played that ball last year some and it was very durable, these new ones just dont even compare in that category

The One Tour and Tour D's were 10x more durable than the 20XI, i played that ball last year some and it was very durable, these new ones just dont even compare in that category

That sucks to hear. I loved the One Tour D and was hoping this would be even better. By the sounds it's a better ball, but the durability is going to be a factor for me. I don't usually buy golf balls, but was thinking about picking up a box of these, but now I'll have to rethink that.

JB - Looking forward to hearing your thoughts especially with the new wedges.

When you come down call me and I'll give you a sleeve to test out. How many are coming with you.

Right now I don't know if my brother is playing but atleast two but more than likely three are playing.

I have been testing the 20XI X for past few weeks here in UK and am impressed with the performance compared to Tour D or Pro v. I have NO problem generating spin which does rip the pro v up. Tour D is fine. 20XI is between the two re durability.
The beauty of the new ball is that the spin is far more controlable than with the D or pro v.
Played in 18mph winds today and not as penetrating as D against wind.

sent using Tapatalk for Android

Someone passed along a sleeve to me. Gonna give these balls another try with the new irons. We'll see what happens, prob play them tomorrow.

Epic fail by me today. This may be one of the best performing golfs balls for my game on the market right now. However I cant get through 9 holes with the same ball. Played the front 9 with Nike today and back 9 with my normal RX. The Nike looks like a petrified fossil with scars and the RX looks almost perfect.

Last edited:
Did you get more distance with the rx or xi? If the xi easier to spin?

Did you get more distance with the rx or xi? If the xi easier to spin?

Distance was similar, which says a lot since I hit the RX further than most golf balls.
The spin was very similar as well. Both balls check up with no issues whatsoever.

Epic fail by me today. This may be one of the best performing golfs balls for my game on the market right now. However I cant get through 9 holes with the same ball. Played the front 9 with Nike today and back 9 with my normal RX. The Nike looks like a petrified fossil with scars and the RX looks almost perfect.

I saw in the "what did you shoot today" thread what you shot but i'm more curious if your saying the ball helped or as you said it was just one of those days where everything went your way. What I'm asking is do you feel like the ball really made a difference.

I'm seriously considering these balls

Pro shop guy at TPC told us that we'd go broke playing these.

Pro shop guy at TPC told us that we'd go broke playing these.

And wait weren't these balls supposed to be built for durable play?

I saw in the "what did you shoot today" thread what you shot but i'm more curious if your saying the ball helped or as you said it was just one of those days where everything went your way. What I'm asking is do you feel like the ball really made a difference.

I'm seriously considering these balls

The play quite well, but I have seen the same durability issue for these with my game since the beginning. There are two many great choices out there right now to play a ball that does not last 9 holes for me.

I have to agree with JB on these after yesterday's round. Solid ball, great spin and similar distance next to my TM Penta, but just don't last. I got a solid round out of them, but feel like a number of other balls could have done as well and lasted longer.

Tap,Tap,Tap

Man this ball has me intrigued. I need to see this lack of durability myself. Would pair perfect with the Pro Combos

JB - did you play the X or S ball? I've found the X to be more durable than the S. It's nearly as tough as the One Tour D.

Also, assuming you're playing the 330-rx...that ball sells at major retailers for $42.99 and the 20xi sells for $45.99.

$.25 cents per ball is a tiny amount to pay considering what we'll drop on a single club. Even if you do put 4 or 5 more in play per round.

Lastly, did you notice a decrease in performance when the ball was scuffed? I'm a terribly inconsistent golfer, so I tend to play a ball until I lose it (never retired one to the shag bag), but I didn't notice anything strange happening with ball flight even after 4 or 5 scuffs on the ball.

OK, one more...what do you think of the sound off your irons? Different, eh?

JB - did you play the X or S ball? I've found the X to be more durable than the S. It's nearly as tough as the One Tour D.

Also, assuming you're playing the 330-rx...that ball sells at major retailers for $42.99 and the 20xi sells for $45.99.

$.25 cents per ball is a tiny amount to pay considering what we'll drop on a single club. Even if you do put 4 or 5 more in play per round.

Lastly, did you notice a decrease in performance when the ball was scuffed? I'm a terribly inconsistent golfer, so I tend to play a ball until I lose it (never retired one to the shag bag), but I didn't notice anything strange happening with ball flight even after 4 or 5 scuffs on the ball.

OK, one more...what do you think of the sound off your irons? Different, eh?

I have played both with similar results.
I do notice a difference with some of these deep cuts that the ball gets after a few holes.
Im not sure what you mean by "$.25 cents per ball is a tiny amount to pay considering what we'll drop on a single club."
Do you mean that this ball is that much better than anything else, so it is worth it? Confused.

Back