Nike Method Core Drone Putter

I can't help but want to try this out now. I'm admittedly not that in to this style but you make it sound so dang appealing haha. Thanks for the feedback, Tad.

It was just so hard for me to concentrate as I stood over the ball the other day at Golfsmith. It is a little to far out there for me. I have a hard enough time concentrating while I putt, it is even harder standing over this putter.

I rolled the drone at gg and the weighting just felt weird to me

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Trainer I think a belly version would be sweet and almost unfair with the side weighting and square setup. I'm serious when I tell you I had one of those days that everything looked in the hole til the last few rotations.

Matty its not for everyone but I don't think you will find a better balanced mallet out there. Granted I don't have a lot to compare it too but I've hit a few and it felt better than the others.

Trainer I think a belly version would be sweet and almost unfair with the side weighting and square setup. I'm serious when I tell you I had one of those days that everything looked in the hole til the last few rotations.

Matty its not for everyone but I don't think you will find a better balanced mallet out there. Granted I don't have a lot to compare it too but I've hit a few and it felt better than the others.

Great info Freddie! I have been looking at these all morning online and need to see if I need a 41 or 43. This close to ordering blindly...and you guys are too blame!

Tappin' from my iPad!

I stopped at Dick's on my lunch break and checked it out. The sound certainly is different. It definitely seemed to give a nice roll of the ball and felt rather nice. I would need to spend more time with it, but I think it's a winner.

I stopped at Dick's on my lunch break and checked it out. The sound certainly is different. It definitely seemed to give a nice roll of the ball and felt rather nice. I would need to spend more time with it, but I think it's a winner.

I'm going to have to go check it out this weekend I guess. I need to get some Christmas ideas together.

I'm going to have to go check it out this weekend I guess. I need to get some Christmas ideas together.

Just be aware that most likely they will just have the regular length and not the belly. Hoping to find the belly in the store next Tuesday (15th).

I could be wrong about them not having it, but that has been my experience so far with the stores around here.

I don't want the belly, so no worries there :)

They had this at Dick's today, but I couldn't try it out b/c there was nobody on duty and for some reason they lock up the golf balls. I have to say that after seeing GG's pics I was sort of underwhelmed with it in person. Those pics are just so excellent that it didn't have the same awesome look inside the store. If I'm honest, I was sort of 'meh' about it. Still, I'd like to give it some rolls to see how it performs.

I rolled this one quite a bit today. THe sound and feel is definitely unique and something I quite enjoyed. I wasn't a huge fan of the other Method Core putters because they felt so much more different than the first Method (which I currently game). It felt like a cross between the two to me. It was very easy to line up and I thought the weighting was superb. Very smooth throughout the swing and it didn't once feel like I had a big saucer at the end of the putter shaft. Very nice putter.

It was very easy to line up and I thought the weighting was superb. Very smooth throughout the swing and it didn't once feel like I had a big saucer at the end of the putter shaft. Very nice putter.
Agreed Yoccos. I thought the very same thing until I rolled it.

Pretty crazy huh? Nike did something really really good with this one.
Really crazy. I described this earlier in the thread as if I thought I'd be swinging a bowling ball on a chain. Very stable stick with good balance and weight. I can't use one, it looks WAY to weird to me, but feels good otherwise.

Just caught up on this thread. I must admit, this putter did not have me interested AT ALL when I first saw it. However, through the reviews and updates, I am intrigued to say the least. I really enjoyed Tadashi's review, thank you. I really like how you described the balance of the Drone and it sounds like something that could help me quite a bit.

Just caught up on this thread. I must admit, this putter did not have me interested AT ALL when I first saw it. However, through the reviews and updates, I am intrigued to say the least. I really enjoyed Tadashi's review, thank you. I really like how you described the balance of the Drone and it sounds like something that could help me quite a bit.

I've been doing nothing but thinking about this putter since playing the other day. I'm going to roll it one more time before I decide to purchase. I'm pretty sure it will produce the same results.

I've been doing nothing but thinking about this putter since playing the other day. I'm going to roll it one more time before I decide to purchase. I'm pretty sure it will produce the same results.

That is awesome man, good for you! Always good to find something that works great and fits your game. I am definitely rethinking my putter situation; the last few weeks/month of my season I putted terribly. I know it is not necessarily the equipment, but I just don't have confidence with that club in my hand so I think a change is necessary. I look forward to more information on this putter and can't wait to see one in person.

If you roll it as well as you did on Wednesday, I dont see how you cant pick it up.

I see what the hype is now. Although it is not hype - it is the real deal. Rolled this today in the 35" model and was just about draining everything (and no, it's not the practice green at PGA SS or GolfSmith because I was not getting the same results with other putters). The sound is unlike any other but more than that is that this thing is just so smooth to roll. Seems to want to stay square and on a nice consistent stroke path.

All they had was the 35" model so I will be ordering the 43" and it could be the beginning of something very special.

Enjoy the new putter, Cookie.

I see what the hype is now. Although it is not hype - it is the real deal. Rolled this today in the 35" model and was just about draining everything (and no, it's not the practice green at PGA SS or GolfSmith because I was not getting the same results with other putters). The sound is unlike any other but more than that is that this thing is just so smooth to roll. Seems to want to stay square and on a nice consistent stroke path.

All they had was the 35" model so I will be ordering the 43" and it could be the beginning of something very special.

That's awesome Cookie! I look forward to hearing what you think of it! Seems like a cool putter and I'd love to roll it!

While it remains scary looking, people are having good results. Glad you liked it Cookie!

Thats awesome Cookie, hurry up and get it so you can post up some pictures. :D

Back