What is wrong with the sound? Not even remotely obnoxious as say a Cobra old school

It's clunky... sounds like someone stepping on a soda can (that's a bit exaggerated).
It sounds like if it's hitting a broken golf ball at all times. It's not a clean/crisp sound.

It's clunky... sounds like someone stepping on a soda can (that's a bit exaggerated).
It sounds like if it's hitting a broken golf ball at all times. It's not a clean/crisp sound.

I agree, the sound on both of these drivers killed me.

I guess for you studs that this might happen....at my paltry swingspeed it has a very pleasing sound......reminds me of t he Ping i15 or even a 910 series.......crisp,metallic but solid......Callaway is muted but solid.....my VR Pro str8fit is Toinky but solid......But to each his own......

JB, it's been a couple of weeks now.....got a review yet?

We are a little tied up at the moment with the PGA Show coverage.

We have a new thread up on the Nike event from yesterday as well as more coming from today's demo day. Unfortunately a THP review takes a little more time than 2 weeks though.

Other than JB......ANYBODY hit this club? Heard some audio on the tube and sounded pretty nice.....a crack instead of a toink!!

18d3bd87-65f5-649d.jpg
I hit this today at Golf Galaxy. I had to 10.5* in stiff shaft. I had some slightly low launch angles so I moved it forward in my stance. I thought I struck it fairly but #'s aren't great. Do you think the tape killed me?
18d3bd87-658f-7557.jpg

Other than JB......ANYBODY hit this club? Heard some audio on the tube and sounded pretty nice.....a crack instead of a toink!!

I liked the feel a lot. My numbers were in consistent. But I will say this, high launching, low spin. 16* launch angles, 2100 rpm spin. Lots of roll out.

ive been meaning to try nike clubs ive used my dads vr pro combo and i love them but ive never hit any other club they have

Adding this to my list to try on Monday. I'm a little surprised that this thread hasn't gained more traction. Anyone else hit this recently? How forgiving is it?

18d3bd87-65f5-649d.jpg
I hit this today at Golf Galaxy. I had to 10.5* in stiff shaft. I had some slightly low launch angles so I moved it forward in my stance. I thought I struck it fairly but #'s aren't great. Do you think the tape killed me?
18d3bd87-658f-7557.jpg

I don't think the tape has a huge impact on numbers. Maybe a little on the spin side but who knows?

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

I must have been missing on the face a bit. I really liked this driver a lot. It felt very solid and looks really nice.

I must have been missing on the face a bit. I really liked this driver a lot. It felt very solid and looks really nice.

Based on what I saw in your numbers when you moved it forwarded you lost ball speed. To me your catching the bottom of the club face on the up swing.looks like you beefed up swing speed a bit so maybe you were releasing the angle a little early. There are a number of factors but not sure the tape had any effect. If your launch angle is low I'd put a little more spin tilt at address.

I stopped by Golf Smith last night to hit some sticks and this was at the top of my list. The looks of this driver is just incredible. I love the sharp lines and clean look. It's not overly busy and the muted colors doesn't make it distracting. (IMO, the photo's on the web do not do this driver justice.)

The shop near me has three bays with Vector machines in them. All three were having issues last night. (Ironic.) It would successfully track 1 out of ever 7-8 shots. Just about every time I'd catch one clean, I'd look at the screen only to see, "Transmission Interrupted." (Or something to that effect.) So it was extremely difficult to get accurate data. I love the weight of the club. The ball felt great coming off the face. I can't really comment on the shaft because the guy kept me in a stiff and I wanted to try an X. My SS averaged between 115-117 with a few that topped out at 123 when I'd go after it. I just think the stiff shaft was a little too flexible for me. But, who am I, he's the professional. :bulgy-eyes: After about an hour and a half of pounding balls, the Vector decided to start working. By then, I was wore out. But, even though I was tired, I wanted to see some numbers so was able to put a few good swings on it - my last two shots were almost identical - 105 SS, 261 carry, 272-275 total.

There's a Golf Galaxy down the street from work, so I brought a change of clothes and will give it a try there. Hopefully they'll let me give the X flex a try.

Any one have hands on pictures yet? They din't have it in yesterday at Nevada Bob's Golf.

I have the 9.5 with the stock x flex Fubuki. Pretty nice club. Feels hot off the face and has a high penetrating flight for me. The face is much larger on these than the past nike clubs. The sound is pretty annoying but not as bad as say the past Sumo's.

I have the 9.5 with the stock x flex Fubuki. Pretty nice club. Feels hot off the face and has a high penetrating flight for me. The face is much larger on these than the past nike clubs. The sound is pretty annoying but not as bad as say the past Sumo's.

What is your swing speed? I desperately wanted to try an X flex last night but the 'pro' thought I was good with a stiff.

Been awhile since I actually got it measured but was 112-113 area about a year ago. The xflex didn't feel very stout.

This is my first experience with a Fubuki shaft, so it's hard for me to give any type of opinion on it. I'm currently playing the RIP shaft in the 910 and it flexes well for my SS. I'm no shaft expert by any means, and I say that to my shame, because there are so many good shafts out there.

I know all things are subjective, but according to their site, anyone swinging faster than 106 should use an X flex.

http://www.mitsubishirayongolf.com/product.php?cmd=fubuki_k&lang=en

Last edited:
Well, after all of the commentary in this thread followed by THP's outstanding coverage of the Nike Speed Trials from the PGA show and lastly followed by JB's on course experience with this driver today, I could no longer help myself.

Ordered the 9.5* w/stiff Fubuki 51 gram shaft. Really looking forward to getting my hands on this next week and providing some feedback in this thread. Coming from a 909 D2 with regular flex PL Blue 65 shaft, I think I am going to see quite the difference in feel and performance.

Been pondering this one since I knew they changed the str8 fit system. Will need to sell some things to sneak it in the bag, but its still high on the list.

Solid ponder deano. Hit this today and liked it a lot.

Beast mode from tapatalk

Back