Odyssey White Hot Pro Putter Review

I have a WHP Rossie that is in the mix right now as a contender for the MC putter. I am bringing a few to Orlando for the Love event as I want to spend time seeing how they feel on the Bermuda.

Yep, it is. But no insert touches it IMO.

Also honestly don't know why one wouldn't go WHP insert in the MC, but that's just my opinion.

It's a weird thing.
Take 8 random tour pros and give them odyssey putter choices almost all 8 choose the insert.
Give thpers the choice and they all pick MXM.

The Internet breeds a strange phenomenon.

It's a weird thing.
Take 8 random tour pros and give them odyssey putter choices almost all 8 choose the insert.

I choose both. I like the MXMV because it is really pretty (just being honest) but also like the adjustable weights. With that said I also have a WHP #7 and absolutely love it. I said last week that the WHP insert was the best I have ever rolled and Jman said "best for you" Seems like he got some time in with it and came around. Just love it.

Odyssey White Hot Pro Putter Review

Rick. Tank cruiser at standard length or full 38" has a full weight kit.

It's a weird thing.

Silly internet.

Silly internet.

My mind is bottled how anybody can choose an odyssey putter other than the whp. The insert is that good.

Rick. Tank cruiser at standard length or full 38" has a full weight kit.

I am aware good sir. It's on my list...

As it should be.

But I know very very little about putters. :alien:

I have a very long list... Haha. Just need to figure out the shape I want. My CPC fitting is going to include a putter fitting so once I get that ironed out I will have a better idea. Historically I have putted best with a blade but my last 3 rounds have been with #7's an and I have putted well. Been trying with a #9 a bit but don't know how I feel about it. I do love the WHP insert.

Just picked up my second one of these putters. Grabbed a 'Like New' 2ball from Callaway Pre-owned for a steal. Heard nothing but good things about them so I'm making a gross assumption that it will be awesome... :D Love the #9 look, but not sure it's the right shape for me. Been wanting to go back to the 2ball for a while. Couldn't help myself this morning when I saw the price.

Nice one Jon. Have always wanted a 2-Ball, but never enough to actually buy one.

Nice one Jon. Have always wanted a 2-Ball, but never enough to actually buy one.

Yeah I had a 2ball when I first started getting serious about golf, but was dumb so I let it go. Always wanted to grab another one just to have around. With the WHP insert and the low prices of the like new Cally pre-owned, I figured it was time to pull the trigger. Only thing left is to decide which color SS2.0 to put on it.

I practiced tonight and used Numero Uno. I miss her.

I practiced tonight and used Numero Uno. I miss her.

I almost bought a CS #7 WHP today. But I refrained, this insert is all up in my head.

Picked up a WHP #1 on ebay for $49.99 in like new condition from Callaway Pre-owned on ebay. Been itching to get a #1 back in the stable. Hystorically I have putted better with #1 blade style putters but in the past few years I went with a #7, heavier head style. Really want to put then 2 head to head and see what I come up with. I really do love the WHP insert.

It'll be an individual thing of course, but the #1 works much better for me Ricky. Looking forward to hearing how it works out for you. Jman, just doooo eeeet.

It'll be an individual thing of course, but the #1 works much better for me Ricky. Looking forward to hearing how it works out for you. Jman, just doooo eeeet.

I know they are different putters but I roll the mFGP sooooo much better than the mFGP2. The biggest issue for me is speed control and I feel like I am much better with it with a blade. We will see though. I am really pondering the Tank Cruiser #1 for my MC bag. Need to roll one ASAP.

Picked up a WHP #1 on ebay for $49.99 in like new condition from Callaway Pre-owned on ebay. Been itching to get a #1 back in the stable. Hystorically I have putted better with #1 blade style putters but in the past few years I went with a #7, heavier head style. Really want to put then 2 head to head and see what I come up with. I really do love the WHP insert.

I might learn to putt left handed for the $50 price difference between the WHP #1 on eBay right now.

I picked up a belly 2 ball white hot pro dirt cheap and cut it down to 36" and have been very impressed. First insert putter I have actually liked the feel of.

I might learn to putt left handed for the $50 price difference between the WHP #1 on eBay right now.

I know a guy that is right handed and putts better left handed cross handed.

Last edited:
Spent some time rolling some of the different Odyssey styles on Saturday, and even after rolling the MXM, MXM Versa, Tank, and Tank Cruiser, it really is remarkable just how good the "low end" WHP line is. I would roll some WHP, switch to one of the others, and come back to the WHP over and over. I'll certainly wait to see what my Annika Academy fitting reveals, but the only reason I might not go WHP for the Morgan Cup is to acquire a shape that isn't in the current WHP models.

My favorite two shapes Saturday were the #2 WHP with the half-offset shaft, and the #6 Versa with the same. I liked the #6 head shape slightly better, but that is not the same as the #6 WHP the offer.

Spent some time rolling some of the different Odyssey styles on Saturday, and even after rolling the MXM, MXM Versa, Tank, and Tank Cruiser, it really is remarkable just how good the "low end" WHP line is. I would roll some WHP, switch to one of the others, and come back to the WHP over and over. I'll certainly wait to see what my Annika Academy fitting reveals, but the only reason I might not go WHP for the Morgan Cup is to acquire a shape that isn't in the current WHP models.

My favorite two shapes Saturday were the #2 WHP with the half-offset shaft, and the #6 Versa with the same. I liked the #6 head shape slightly better, but that is not the same as the #6 WHP the offer.

Thats why I think I like the Cruisers so much, that insert (WHP) is just phenomenal. Give me that insert all day every day over the fancy milling of the MXM's, I mean that.

Thats why I think I like the Cruisers so much, that insert (WHP) is just phenomenal. Give me that insert all day every day over the fancy milling of the MXM's, I mean that.

I really agree with you. My objection with the Tank Cruiser line is that everything has full offset, which just messes with my eyes and alignment. I think I could tolerate the half though.

I know the insert between the WHP and Versa is supposed to be the same, but even after owning both, they just don't seem like they are to me.

I really agree with you. My objection with the Tank Cruiser line is that everything has full offset, which just messes with my eyes and alignment. I think I could tolerate the half though.

I know the insert between the WHP and Versa is supposed to be the same, but even after owning both, they just don't seem like they are to me.

They don't feel alike to me either, at all.

Its the weirdest thing. I love the WHP insert on the #7. On the #1 it feels a bit hot to me. I am thinking the MXMV #1 might be the perfect medium for me but only time will tell.

Back