Official 2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
LeBron's going for 40 tonight after last night's embarrassment.

Gawd I hate going for an embarrassing 26 points, 11 rebounds, and 7 assists. Weak sauce.How terrible of him. What a clown.

Gawd I hate going for an embarrassing 26 points, 11 rebounds, and 7 assists. Weak sauce.How terrible of him. What a clown.

I'm talking more about the Heat blowing a 17 point lead in the 3rd quarter, and LeBron with no points in the 4th. It's crazy how he disappeared again. Only the 2nd loss of the season, but last year's Finals are too close to forget.

I'm talking more about the Heat blowing a 17 point lead in the 3rd quarter, and LeBron with no points in the 4th. It's crazy how he disappeared again. Only the 2nd loss of the season, but last year's Finals are too close to forget.

I hate going 0-0 in the fourth too. I guess he should not pass to Chalmers and Wade for wide open shots. I mean, 0-0 with a lot of great passes is way worse than Wade's 1-8 performance. LeBron choked big time, and Wade was a beast. Chalmers missing a few wide open threes that were set up by LeBron had nothing to do with it either. Are you just spitting back what you hear from the analysts on ESPN? Lol.

Im not going to get into the does he or doesnt he choke aspect, but just like with every sport, you have to look at more than the stats. Im guessing once again, you did not watch the game here. Lebron will be the 1st person to tell you he did not step up in the 4th during the game. He stood around, did not move without the ball at all and never looked for his shot. Leaders and MVPs dont do that when the game is on the line.

Im not going to get into the does he or doesnt he choke aspect, but just like with every sport, you have to look at more than the stats. Im guessing once again, you did not watch the game here. Lebron will be the 1st person to tell you he did not step up in the 4th during the game. He stood around, did not move without the ball at all and never looked for his shot. Leaders and MVPs dont do that when the game is on the line.

He said in that interview on ESPN just prior to the season.

I hate going 0-0 in the fourth too. I guess he should not pass to Chalmers and Wade for wide open shots. I mean, 0-0 with a lot of great passes is way worse than Wade's 1-8 performance. LeBron choked big time, and Wade was a beast. Chalmers missing a few wide open threes that were set up by LeBron had nothing to do with it either. Are you just spitting back what you hear from the analysts on ESPN? Lol.

You mean analysts like the greatest Heat hater of all time, Jon Barry? lol. I missed the 4th qtr last night, but sports radio here in Miami this morning was insane with this loss. I know LeBron and Wade are good friends, but LeBron needs to tell him I'm the greatest player in the NBA so move over and let me finish. It's almost like there's this agreement that Wade is the closer and LeBron is playing point / facilitator in the 4th. Amazing how Wade gets a free pass going 1-8 and essentially choking, as well.

That is the truth. If you do want to look at the stats, 0-0 for lebron in the 4th quarter is absolutely terrible in a tight game like this. Lebron has the ability to be the most dominant player in the world, deferring to your teammates when your team is struggling is not championship material.

I just lol when people are so quick to point fingers at LeBron. Everyone just turns the other cheek to the fact that Wade was 1-8 or Chalmers missed all his shots in the fourth. LeBron played a different role last night. Should he attempt to step up more? Probably. Would they have lost if everyone else on the team had played even decent? Yes. LeBron was far from the Heat's problem last night, but he takes all the blows.

I wonder if every time the Bulls lost one of their 10 games in that epic season everyone jumped down Jordan's throat and talked about how bad he was. Somehow I doubt it.

I just lol when people are so quick to point fingers at LeBron. Everyone just turns the other cheek to the fact that Wade was 1-8 or Chalmers missed all his shots in the fourth. LeBron played a different role last night. Should he attempt to step up more? Probably. Would they have lost if everyone else on the team had played even decent? Yes. LeBron was far from the Heat's problem last night, but he takes all the blows.

I wonder if every time the Bulls lost one of their 10 games in that epic season everyone jumped down Jordan's throat and talked about how bad he was. Somehow I doubt it.

22 turnovers last night.... and how the heck do you allow David Lee 14 rebs & Dorrell Wright 10 rebs??? Defense needs to step up.

Yes. Every time a great team loses and the star of that team does not rise to the occasion they get the blame. As they should. If the franchise is going to stand at the 3 point line and do nothing on offense for an entire 12 minutes at the end of the game as the team crumbles, they deserve all of it.

Yes. Every time a great team loses and the star of that team does not rise to the occasion they get the blame. As they should. If the franchise is going to stand at the 3 point line and do nothing on offense for an entire 12 minutes at the end of the game as the team crumbles, they deserve all of it.

I suppose you could think that way. Fair enough. But when Wade is also considered a "star" and "team leader", I think he should shoulder some of the blame too. LeBron was a fine facilitator yesterday. Wade was downright awful. I think Wade deserves more than he gets if he'a going to act like he's a star. Oh well. Opinions is opinions. I also think LeBron should try to step up more, but maybe Wade should realize when he's playing badly and stop shooting.

The difference is that Jordan always went down swinging. I know that in any of those ten losses you wont find a 4th quarter where Jordan went 0-0 and decided to pass to Pippen and Kerr instead. MJ always played like he was the best player on the court, Lebron should always play like he's the best player on the court....instead of sometimes playing like a backup point guard.

The difference is that Jordan always went down swinging. I know that in any of those ten losses you wont find a 4th quarter where Jordan went 0-0 and decided to pass to Pippen and Kerr instead. MJ always played like he was the best player on the court, Lebron should always play like he's the best player on the court....instead of sometimes playing like a backup point guard.

This is spot on, great point

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

I loved how deadly the Bulls were in the third quarter that year, they would let you hang around for the first half. After halftime, boom, throw the hammer down MJ and Pippen take the fourth quarter off and let the scrubs finish the game.

I know. I love that about Jordan. He was always there in the 4th quarter.

I think people underestimate what LeBron does in the 4th when he doesn't score though. Anyways, what sucks for LeBron is that even if he had been agressive and gone 1-8 while Wade went 0-0, everyone would've been tipping on LeBron for not finding the open players and letting Wade get into the offense (exactly what he did last night). I'm all for ripping him for missing shots in the clutch, but the sad part is that people wouldn't even do that. They would lat into him for what I mentioned before. LeBron can't win when the Heat lose. It kind of sucks, especially because it isn't always his fault.

I loved how deadly the Bulls were in the third quarter that year, they would let you hang around for the first half. After halftime, boom, throw the hammer down MJ and Pippen take the fourth quarter off and let the scrubs finish the game.

for sure. opposing teams were always taking timeouts within the first couple minutes of the 2nd half and thinking, "what just happened?"

I wonder if the bulls just had some intense game planning/film sessions going on at the half or if Jordan just sat at his locker, smoked a cigar and thought about how he was going to score the first 10 points of the 3rd quarter.

I know. I love that about Jordan. He was always there in the 4th quarter.

I think people underestimate what LeBron does in the 4th when he doesn't score though. Anyways, what sucks for LeBron is that even if he had been agressive and gone 1-8 while Wade went 0-0, everyone would've been tipping on LeBron for not finding the open players and letting Wade get into the offense (exactly what he did last night). I'm all for ripping him for missing shots in the clutch, but the sad part is that people wouldn't even do that. They would lat into him for what I mentioned before. LeBron can't win when the Heat lose. It kind of sucks, especially because it isn't always his fault.

There are always going to be haters for sure, and LeBron has a lot of them...kinda comes with the territory. I dont hate lebron, and i dont even fault him when he misses shots in the clutch. jordan, kobe, wade, all those guys have had their fair share of game winning attempts clank off the rim. I only really rag on lebron when he takes a backseat like he did last night, there are 20 guys in the D-league that could of done what he did in the 4th quarter and thats unacceptable. Lebron is shooting around 80% on shots near the rim, he has to realize his team is struggling at get to the basket.

On another note, my favorite part of a bulls game just happened....Scalabrine checks in.

There are always going to be haters for sure, and LeBron has a lot of them...kinda comes with the territory. I dont hate lebron, and i dont even fault him when he misses shots in the clutch. jordan, kobe, wade, all those guys have had their fair share of game winning attempts clank off the rim. I only really rag on lebron when he takes a backseat like he did last night, there are 20 guys in the D-league that could of done what he did in the 4th quarter and thats unacceptable. Lebron is shooting around 80% on shots near the rim, he has to realize his team is struggling at get to the basket.

On another note, my favorite part of a bulls game just happened....Scalabrine checks in.

I love Scalabrine. Repping gingers everywhere lol.

Clippers vs. Heat about to tip off, this should be a lot of fun.

Rockets/Spurs coming down to the wire. Lowry just hit a huuuuge 3. HOU down by 3 with 22 left in OT...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back