Official 2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys are also paid to play defense and I am not sure I would take either of those guys at that end consistently though...hehe

Durant could be really good defensively if he wanted. He has insanely long arms. Dirk is so bad though, I love watching him attempt defense.

I'm talking about big men here people. Not looking for the best FT % in the league, cause I'd take Curry or Reddick or Allen, but when it comes to big men. Dirk can swat shots too can't he? :alien:

Dwight Howard needs to work on that free throw %. What else does he have to do? Lift weights?

Dr. J has similar size hands to some of the biggest to play the game and he could shoot free throws.

Yeah, I'm not making excuses for them. I hate people that miss free throws. Just saying what I've heard. Maybe Dr. J found a consistent way that worked for him. Shaq's just said he couldn't ever find a good way to shoot them with his hands, so he was always shooting a different shot with no idea where it was going.

I'm talking about big men here people. Not looking for the best FT % in the league, cause I'd take Curry or Reddick or Allen, but when it comes to big men. Dirk can swat shots too can't he? :alien:

Dwight Howard needs to work on that free throw %. What else does he have to do? Lift weights?

Oh okay, yeah Dirk is probably one of the better shooting bigs thats for sure. That streak in the playoffs last year was nuts!

Yeah dude, gotta get big. He's pretty weak as is. :D There has got to be something else to it that we don't realize, otherwise Shaq would've improved over his career. He worked hard at it.

Shaq's a has been. LBJ is a 4th quarter chump. The Knicks still suck. Dirk rules. Kevin Durant is who I'd build a franchise around. Duke puts out turd professionals. There's far too much travelling in the NBA. The Clippers are fun to watch.

Yeah dude, gotta get big. He's pretty weak as is. :D There has got to be something else to it that we don't realize, otherwise Shaq would've improved over his career. He worked hard at it.

huh? Did you actually read my post? How do you know Shaq worked hard on it? I bet he was lazy.

huh? Did you actually read my post? How do you know Shaq worked hard on it? I bet he was lazy.

You should read Shaq's biography, it's actually pretty good. I have it and I enjoyed it.

So is only making 21. Seriously! It's an easy uncontested free shot. And these dudes are so big the shot is much easier then it is for chunky. Stupid lazy nba player rappers.

Beast mode from tapatalk

Couldnt agree with you more....well, except for the stereotype you tack on at the end.

but yea, a basketball hoop is pretty large, enough room to fit two basketballs through at one time. If you are getting paid to do it, how do you not get really good at throwing a ball through that hoop when no one is trying to stop you? I dont care if shooting is awkward for you because you have giant hands, just aim for the square on the backboard and bank it in or find someway that works.

If i was a GM i would hold out $2-3m from every contract as an incentive for shooting 78% or better from the FT line for the season. A lot of players probably would never sign with my team, and we'd end up being pretty awful....but we'd make our free throws dammit.

You should read Shaq's biography, it's actually pretty good. I have it and I enjoyed it.

That probably won't be happening. If I'm reading a book, it's definitely not about an NBA player. I'm sure Shaq's had it so rough. Poor guy and all his millions and mansions and toys.

Shaq's retired. LBJ is a 4th quarter chump sometimes. The Knicks still and will always suck. Dirk is a soft European. Lebron is who I'd build a franchise around because he's the best in the league. Duke puts out turd professionals. There's far too much travelling and carrying in the NBA. The Clippers are fun to watch.

Pretty good summary of the NBA dude.

That probably won't be happening. If I'm reading a book, it's definitely not about an NBA player. I'm sure Shaq's had it so rough. Poor guy and all his millions and mansions and toys.

Heh, you'd be surprised, but alright. I just like biographies in general.

There have been plenty of big men that could shoot free throws just fine.

I think we drove you by his Windermere house with the blue roof. All 64,000 sq feet of it.

Yeah, poor Shaq. I saw that house JB. I don't know how he made it through life being 7'1, massive, and coordinated. It must've been hard for him.

Yeah, poor Shaq. I saw that house JB. I don't know how he made it through life being 7'1, massive, and coordinated. It must've been hard for him.

Haha I'm not trying to get you to like him, was just saying his biography was a good read.

I agree about Shaq's bio. Very good. And I normally hate biographies.

Haha I'm not trying to get you to like him, was just saying his biography was a good read.

I'm not going to read it dammit! LOL

Nah, I liked old Shaq. He broke backboards and was huge. He didn't go to UNC though so he sucks.

Seriously, if every NBA player was a free agent and there was a draft and you had the first pick, who would you take?

Nah, I liked old Shaq. He broke backboards and was huge. He didn't go to UNC though so he sucks.

Seriously, if every NBA player was a free agent and there was a draft and you had the first pick, who would you take?

Now, or ever?

Now dude.

Tough question TC. I think that has a lot to do with position as well as the actual player. I definately want a great PG, so I'd go with LeBron or CP3.

Now dude.

Umm, if LeBron ever got pissed off and decided to be the player he could be, LeBron. Otherwise probably Durant, or Wade. Maybe Howard since good centers are so hard to find. Guess that didn't answer your question. So I'll say.....Durant.

I would take Wade.

You guys are LBJ homers aren't you?

I like that Kevin Durant. He sure is hard to guard. I use to be a big NBA fan as a younger guy, back when it was Thomas, Jordan, Bird, and Magic. I liked how guys started and ended their careers with one team. I loved that loyalty. I was a big Pistons fan growing up. They'd maul half of these pansy teams anymore.

LeBron's inability to win a championship last year really shows you just how good Jordan was. He was clutch. He could score, defend, and win. Not that LeBron can't.

I also like Kobe. Not as a person so much but he has a competitive spirit that's amazing. Now that dude works hard.

I like that Kevin Durant. He sure is hard to guard. I use to be a big NBA fan as a younger guy, back when it was Thomas, Jordan, Bird, and Magic. I liked how guys started and ended their careers with one team. I loved that loyalty. I was a big Pistons fan growing up. They'd maul half of these pansy teams anymore.

LeBron's inability to win a championship last year really shows you just how good Jordan was. He was clutch. He could score, defend, and win. Not that LeBron can't.

I also like Kobe. Not as a person so much but he has a competitive spirit that's amazing. Now that dude works hard.

Lol no way dude. I'd take Wade. Right now he is still playing at an elite level, has been there before. I'd then load my team with a bunch of young, talented hungry players who want to see what anti LeTurd is.

I'm a LBJ fan, yeah. But there's plenty of other players I like. And I'm not afraid to talk about LBJ's faults, etc. as you've seen the past few pages. Huge Jordan fan, and I love the way Durant shoots. The guy is a freak with those arms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back