Official 2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The NBA sucks. I'd rather watch soccer or Euro Basketball. Watch that Dirk Nowitzki. He never travels, never palms, and never chokes!!!! You kids need to get new heart throbs, lol

The NBA sucks. I'd rather watch soccer or Euro Basketball. Watch that Dirk Nowitzki. He never travels, never palms, and never chokes!!!! You kids need to get new heart throbs, lol

Meh, I don't think it sucks. I enjoy all sports, honestly. I like the NBA because of the sheer athleticism. Some people hate the NBA because they claim everyone is lazy, which I don't agree with. If you've watched the defenses of Boston, Chicago, and Miami the past 2 years their defenses are extremely stout and hard working. There are a handful of teams in the league that are miserable and terrible to watch, but there are like 50 college teams that are the same way, so whats the difference, imo.

b/c you're forced to watch NC State athletics, hahaha

You guys get back to your LeBron debates. I just thought I'd say that the NBA blows until the Playoffs.

You guys get back to your LeBron debates. I just thought I'd say that the NBA blows until the Playoffs.

Hahah, touche. To each his own.

People complaining about traveling for certain players has been around for 30 years. Until its their favorite player. Star players have always gotten away with it. Just like palming the ball. Jason Terry is the perfect example of this. He would be out of the league if they called palming on him even 30% of the time he does it.

This is pretty much spot-on. The traveling I don't care about as much, but the carrying (same as palming) is unbelieveable. Pretty much every player in the NBA does it when they have the ball. If it got called every time there was a violation games would commonly go to OT with a score of 0-0. :D

So Al Horford is out for pretty much the whole season, thats rough. That is a big blow to a team that probably would have been the 3rd seed in the east.

So Al Horford is out for pretty much the whole season, thats rough. That is a big blow to a team that probably would have been the 3rd seed in the east.

Agreed. I'm a huge fan of Horford, but it's not like the Hawks are gonna do anything in the playoffs anyway. They get there and then chop it up against whoever they play. Maybe I am a little hard on them bc they've been past the first round the last few years, but Heat are gonna run through the east anyway, although I am intrigued by the Pacers. Just imagine how explosive they'd be if they had Mayo coming off of the bench. Paul George is a stud and they have a young core led by Granger. I think they are a strong contender in the east for the next several years.

Dwight Howard was completely unreal tonight.

Steel Tappin'

Dwight went HAM last night. 39 FTA is ridiculous.

Dwight went HAM last night. 39 FTA is ridiculous.

So is only making 21. Seriously! It's an easy uncontested free shot. And these dudes are so big the shot is much easier then it is for chunky. Stupid lazy nba player rappers.

Beast mode from tapatalk

Because Wade has been there. He's proven that he can put a team on his back, in the finals, when it matters and come away with wins and a championship. He's also older than LeBron, with more injury history. LeBron also brought a lot of this on himself. Believe me, I'm the biggest LeBron fan there is. I've pulled for him die hard since day 1, and I'll continue to. He's a freak athlete and I love watching him play, but I'm not afraid to point out his faults. This year and in the finals, he's been absolutely terrible in the 4th quarter, overtime, and in clutch situations. That's just the bottom line.

Great points dude and what I was gonna say before I saw your response.

Wade went 1-8 two nights ago, and it wasn't just LeBron that was bad last night. The whole big 3 was something like 1-10. None of them was good.

I just don't understand why everyone hates LeBron and rips him for things that are not necessarily his fault.

Look above homie. How can you put one night on Wade as his career? They're going to have off nights. But Bron Bron lays turds more often than not and it's becoming even more of a joke at this point.

So is only making 21. Seriously! It's an easy uncontested free shot. And these dudes are so big the shot is much easier then it is for chunky. Stupid lazy nba player rappers.

Beast mode from tapatalk

If you had hands as big as Dwight and Shaq, FT's would be a problem for you too! Haha.

If you had hands as big as Dwight and Shaq, FT's would be a problem for you too! Haha.

Is that what the issue is here? lol no wonder I can drain FT's all day and all night long.

Beast mode from tapatalk

Common misconception. They did a sports science with Sasha Vujacic (sp?) and put fake hands the size of Shaq's on him and he hit 9/10. I think it's because of the size of the rest of their body. They are so strong and have to be so gentle that it's difficult. Plus, imagine being that tired and having to shoot free throws. It's not as easy as some people think.

I find it almost comical that a guy who's job is to practice shooting basketballs struggles making free throws. Again, look at another big man in the league..........DIRK! He's automatic. I wouldn't want anyone else in the NBA (besides maybe Durant) in the 4th Qtr on the free throw line.

Common misconception. They did a sports science with Sasha Vujacic (sp?) and put fake hands the size of Shaq's on him and he hit 9/10. I think it's because of the size of the rest of their body. They are so strong and have to be so gentle that it's difficult. Plus, imagine being that tired and having to shoot free throws. It's not as easy as some people think.

It may have been on sports science, but Shaq has said over and over that he can't find a good way to grip the ball and his hands being so huge prevents him from being consistent. They've said the same thing over and over about Rajon Rondo, and he's not big at all. His hands are HUGE compared to his body size.

I find it almost comical that a guy who's job is to practice shooting basketballs struggles making free throws. Again, look at another big man in the league..........DIRK! He's automatic. I wouldn't want anyone else in the NBA (besides maybe Durant) in the 4th Qtr on the free throw line.

Guys are also paid to play defense and I am not sure I would take either of those guys at that end consistently though...hehe

Chauncey Billups is pretty good, but I'd take Dirk too. Steve Nash also would like a word about that.

It may have been on sports science, but Shaq has said over and over that he can't find a good way to grip the ball and his hands being so huge prevents him from being consistent. They've said the same thing over and over about Rajon Rondo, and he's not big at all. His hands are HUGE compared to his body size.

Dr. J has similar size hands to some of the biggest to play the game and he could shoot free throws.

Yeah that may be true. Probably like us trying to shoot a tennis ball. Supremely difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back