Official 2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be touring apartments and stuff. Sadly we'll be pretty pushed for time so I won't get to play any golf. Hopefully signing a lease for May when I'm there in April. And I think it really hurt Portland to lose their GM to Charlotte. That dude was smart.

Yea I figured you would be pretty busy.

Portland definitely got hurt but they chose to let Prichard go, he didn't choose to leave. Our drafts have been absolutely terrible the last couple of years and McMillan doesn't give young guys an opportunity to shine. I would love to see a new coach come in with these players and shake things up.

It's like Reggie Miller was saying the other night, they have way too much talent to be under .500. Give up on Oden already, imo.

It's like Reggie Miller was saying the other night, they have way too much talent to be under .500. Give up on Oden already, imo.

I couldn't agree more. It sucks looking at so many other 1st pics in the draft and wondering how our team would be with them...or Durant. I can't begin to imagine this team with Durant.

What if Oden had turned out good and Roy was healthy? Portland would be good.

What if Oden had turned out good and Roy was healthy? Portland would be good.

That has been portland's excuse for the past 5 years..."what if" or "if we were healthy". Yes, we have gotten terribly unlucky, but there has to be a point where you move on. If we are going to keep Oden on our insurance...errr..payroll, we shouldn't plan our team around him. If he comes back to help us, so be it, but we shouldn't plan on it. We need to draft a C and a PG.

If you read back through the thread I've continually looked at both sides of things. It works both ways. I've tried to be as level-headed about it as possible. LeBron isn't even my favorite player on the Heat team, let alone the NBA. I just don't understand why everything he does or doesn't do 110% correct is considered a failure. Shrug, guess I should stay out of these conversations too.

I never pointed fingers at a single person.

I'm fairly sure they were talking about me. I have a pretty one-sided view of LeBron. But so do they per the bolded statement. Everyone loves to hate LeBron even when he does good things for no reason that is apparent to me. So I go the other way. Sure, LeBron does a bunch wrong, but he does a whole lot of good too. More than pretty much everyone else, and he gets next to no credit for it. It's silly to me.

Dont link me in with "they", until you read my posts in all the threads. I am not one sided about ANYTHING pertaining to the world of sports athletes.

Except for Kobe Bryant, LOL. I kid I kid.

That's true. And Mike Vick! But based on the first page or so of this thread, the rest is kind of self explanatory. Daniel Tosh summed up Bryant best.

Linsanity in progress, on ABC right now. 2 mins to play vs BOS

That has been portland's excuse for the past 5 years..."what if" or "if we were healthy". Yes, we have gotten terribly unlucky, but there has to be a point where you move on. If we are going to keep Oden on our insurance...errr..payroll, we shouldn't plan our team around him. If he comes back to help us, so be it, but we shouldn't plan on it. We need to draft a C and a PG.

Yea its been pretty rough. I watched a lot of Roy when he was at UW and i loved the game he developed at the pro level. If only he had some knees...

As to this year, ive been super disappointed in Felton. Really expecting an all star caliber year out of him. Crawford needs to be providing scoring off the bench but cant do that cuz felton has been so bad.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Lol JB that is hilarious. Tosh is a funny dude.

Rekimoto - I absolutely loved Roy's game and he seemed like such a good person too. At the beginning of the year Felton looked great, but then he just kept getting worse and worse, same with Wallace. I agree about Crawford, he is not a starting PG, that's for sure.

On a brighter note, Elliot Williams sure is looking good. I hope we don't let him go. Also, it's nice to have Pryzbilla back. I think I've been more surprised by Craig smith than anyone else though, he was a solid pick up for our second unit.

18pt/20ast/17reb for Rondo today. Didnt shoot well but that is a pretty sick line.

18pt/20ast/17reb for Rondo today. Didnt shoot well but that is a pretty sick line.

Only second player ever with 15/15/15, pretty cool!

Haha Kobe just dropped a Tiger F bomb on a close up shot. Noice!

I never pointed fingers at a single person.

Dont link me in with "they", until you read my posts in all the threads. I am not one sided about ANYTHING pertaining to the world of sports athletes.

Woah, I never pointed fingers just like you. I'm just saying there are people like that.

Lakers played a great game against the Heat. I was very impressed.

Yea they did. The guy formerly known as Ron Artest had probably his best gsme of the year.

I totally agree. Bynum looked good from what I saw. And I'm glad Kobe dominated Wade. I guess that's what he gets.

I like watching Kobe will his team to victory but without Bosh I don't think it's that impressive of a win.

DWill dropped 57 on the Bobcats tonight. 21-21 from the line. He also added 6 rebounds and 7 assists. He's the man. I'll cry myself to sleep for nights and nights if he leaves the Nets.

DWill dropped 57 on the Bobcats tonight. 21-21 from the line. He also added 6 rebounds and 7 assists. He's the man. I'll cry myself to sleep for nights and nights if he leaves the Nets.

That would truly be a sad day for you wouldn't it? haha.

I agree Metta World Peace played really well against the Heat, and even though they didn't have Bosh I'd say it was a great W.

I've been discussing this with friends lately and wanted to get some feedback from you guys. Yes, it pertains to LeBron / Kobe.

In my eyes, and A LOT of people's, LeBron is the most physically gifted guy in the NBA. He probably runs faster, jumps higher, and is stronger than Michael Jordan - the greatest of all time. While he's the most physically gifted guy, Kobe Bryant is the best basketball player. If you don't believe that, well, please explain yourself.

I think I liked LeBron better in Cleveland. Did you watch the Heat/Lakers yesterday? DWade fouls out. About 5 minutes in the game. Why are Anthony, Miller, Chalmers, etc taking so many shots? What the world is LeBron doing? TAKE OVER! Did you see what Kobe did? He proceeded to come down the court and drop daggers on Miami!

I just don't get what happens to him. He's too talented to sit back and try to facilitate. He needs to go to the rack, score, get fouled, shoot, just do something and take over the game! Until he decides to take matters in his own hands, he won't shake the criticism of not being a closer.

Kobe shoots something like 32% on game tying or winning shots. I'd bet the Lakers as a team shot better than that over his whole career. Hard to say, but maybe they'd make more if he played team basketball. You never know, but the numbers point that way. That's what LeBron's trying to do I think. Right or wrong, he's trying to make the intelligent basketball play. It's not working, but he doesn't seem to want to change it.

Kobe shoots something like 32% on game tying or winning shots. I'd bet the Lakers as a team shot better than that over his whole career. Hard to say, but maybe they'd make more if he played team basketball. You never know, but the numbers point that way. That's what LeBron's trying to do I think. Right or wrong, he's trying to make the intelligent basketball play. It's not working, but he doesn't seem to want to change it.

Listening to Colin Cowherd, the guy on there said something to this effect: It's ok to pass the game winner to DWade or Bosh. But you can't pass the ball to an inferior teammate during a game winning moment. I agree. Maybe that's what bothers me and some others. Instead of taking the shot, he passes to someone less talented.

Damaikis, think about this... it may or may not make a difference. As much as you give Jeremy Lin a hard time, he plays above his pay grade. Does LeBron play up to his? And Michael Jordan didn't make all the game winners he took either. But him and Kobe take them. Period.

I have no issues with LeBron passing to Haslem. He trusts his teammates. All of them. I would take an elbow jumper from Haslem over a double-teamed jumper from LeBron because I think Haslem's is a higher percentage shot. I think team ball is the way to go. But that's just my opinion.

Edit: I think LeBron plays up to his pay grade. He's having one of the best individual seasons ever. He's playing awesome ball right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back