Official 2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
True great ones always want the ball in their hand to determine the outcome. Even those that were great passers such as Bird and Magic wanted it when the game was on the line. Its about what a loss means and who controls that more than anybody but oneself. Its no different in every generation. There is nothing wrong with creating shots for teammates, that is what makes a guy a team player. However there is a time and a place for greatness to take over a game.

True great ones always want the ball in their hand to determine the outcome. Even those that were great passers such as Bird and Magic wanted it when the game was on the line. Its about what a loss means and who controls that more than anybody but oneself. Its no different in every generation. There is nothing wrong with creating shots for teammates, that is what makes a guy a team player. However there is a time and a place for greatness to take over a game.

+1,000

I have no issues with LeBron passing to Haslem. He trusts his teammates. All of them. I would take an elbow jumper from Haslem over a double-teamed jumper from LeBron because I think Haslem's is a higher percentage shot. I think team ball is the way to go. But that's just my opinion.

Edit: I think LeBron plays up to his pay grade. He's having one of the best individual seasons ever. He's playing awesome ball right now.

He's a beast dude. SHOULD be the best ever. But his chances of that are slim because of what JB pointed out. I love the fact that LeBron is a good passer. But I want him to want the ball at the end.

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game-winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan

People seem to forget that Jordan turned the corner, and was praised for doing so, when he started trusting his teammates (Kobe got this to a lesser extent too). When he chose to pass to: Kerr, Hodges, Grant, Armstrong, and Paxson is the time he truly became a great teammate and a truly great player.

Now, Lebron does what it took Jordan years to figure out and he gets chastised for it. Maybe LeBron should be a bit more selfish at times but I find it ludicrous. Is hitting a tough game winning shot 25% of the time better than finding an open teammate that can hit his shot at 40%-50% of the time really better? Not in my opinion. Also, he has plenty of time left and he will get passed this current stigma.

People seem to forget that Jordan turned the corner, and was praised for doing so, when he started trusting his teammates (Kobe got this to a lesser extent too). When he chose to pass to: Kerr, Hodges, Grant, Armstrong, and Paxson is the time he truly became a great teammate and a truly great player.

Now, Lebron does what it took Jordan years to figure out and he gets chastised for it. Maybe LeBron should be a bit more selfish at times but I find it ludicrous. Is hitting a tough game winning shot 25% of the time better than finding an open teammate that can hit his shot at 40%-50% of the time really better? Not in my opinion. Also, he has plenty of time left and he will get passed this current stigma.

His teammates can hit the game winning shot 40-50% and they're not getting paid more than LeTurd?

It's about stepping up when the game is on the line. And yes, MJ passed the ball to the open man at times, but Paxson and Kerr had a moment here and a moment there. But, they weren't counted on to be the guy when the game was on the line. That was Mike time.

But when DWade is out and Bosh is out, LeBron has got to lead his team. I agree he has plenty of time, but he's got to start stepping up and taking control.

When exactly was this turning the corner for jordan? He passed more or just as much in his pre-championship days. Averaged a triple double the last two months of the '88 season even. And Grant/paxson/hodges werent any less involved before the championships, While kerr didnt even join the team until after 3 titles.

Plus, i think the only thing people really knock lebron for are late game situations where MJ always took the shot. Sure he passed it up to kerr vs the jazz but kerr is one of the greatest shooters in NBA history...i dont know if MJ makes that pass if it was Haslem coming open off the double team. In fact i think MJ figured out pretty early that you dont pass it to a guy like haslem in that situation and thats why lebron gets ragged on.

I still can't believe Haslem missed an open elbow jumper. Nobody ragged on anyone when Robert Horry hit game winning shots, and he certainly didn't lead his team. It's a big deal because Haslem missed. Had Horry missed, those might have been a big deal too.

I still can't believe Haslem missed an open elbow jumper. Nobody ragged on anyone when Robert Horry hit game winning shots, and he certainly didn't lead his team. It's a big deal because Haslem missed. Had Horry missed, those might have been a big deal too.

I'm not worried cuz that's Bosh's shot from the elbow. He's so underrated on this team.

- Just tap it in Happy. Taaaaappp it in!

I'm not worried cuz that's Bosh's shot from the elbow. He's so underrated on this team.

- Just tap it in Happy. Taaaaappp it in!

You bet. Their record without Bosh is way worse than it is without James or Wade. Pretty telling if you ask me.

You bet. Their record without Bosh is way worse than it is without James or Wade. Pretty telling if you ask me.

Bosh is a difference maker because the heat are a smaller team and without him they are really undersized. He also is the release valve for wade and LeBron when they need someone to pass too and can knock down the mid range j.

Haslem is no Robert Horry.

He should still hit an open elbow jumper... He's in the NBA. Not that difficult. Or at least it shouldn't be for him. Not asking for threes, just a basic jump shot.

He should still hit an open elbow jumper... He's in the NBA. Not that difficult. Or at least it shouldn't be for him. Not asking for threes, just a basic jump shot.

You could use that logic for free throws as well, and we both know how terrible some guys are at the charity stripe.

You could use that logic for free throws as well, and we both know how terrible some guys are at the charity stripe.

Yeah, and they shouldn't miss those either. They're supposed to be professionals and sometimes they struggle with the most basic of shots. Yeesh.

Whew! Twolves just barely hung to beat the Clippers, Derrick Williams fouled CP3 on a three and he only made two of the three free throws.

+1.7million!!!!

Haslem missed a relatively easy shot but those shots get a lot tougher when the game is on the line. Big Shot Bob clearly had the clutch gene that helped him knock those down.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Whew! Twolves just barely hung to beat the Clippers, Derrick Williams fouled CP3 on a three and he only made two of the three free throws.

Im really pulling for the twolves to make the playoffs.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Very unlike him. Kevin Love put up some sweet numbers and he continues to be one of my favourite big men in the NBA.

The Heat are taking the Nets to school right now. It honestly looks like they're playing against a team of 4th graders. It's kind of funny though.

Thats because Williams' arms are still tired from pouring those 57 in the other night.

esq-lebron-james-purse-030512-xlg.jpg

I wonder if Lebron's inability to close a game has something to do with this purse he carries around....

Hahaha, awesome. Nice find sir.

dang, at least make it something that looks like a "satchel" like Alan in hangover 1

Pretty sick step-back fadeway by Rose for the win vs the Bucks tonight. That kid is tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back