Official 2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha finally. Maybe the Knicks can actually win! Lol.

And why couldn't Dwight win with the Nets? The best PG in the league coupled with the best center in the league? Sounds like a recipe for success to me.

Yea well mike woodson is maybe the most ISO friendly coach in basketball, so at least melo will be happy for the rest of the season.

...and it looks like dwight might be opting in on his contract and staying one more year in ORL. If he does that the Nets are screwed. DWill would have no desire to stick around.

Magic are trying to get dwight to put it in writing right now.

Just give it a little tappy-tap.

Yea well mike woodson is maybe the most ISO friendly coach in basketball, so at least melo will be crappy for the rest of the season.

...and it looks like dwight might be opting in on his contract and staying one more year in ORL. If he does that the Nets are screwed. DWill would have no desire to stick around.

Magic are trying to get dwight to put it in writing right now.

Just give it a little tappy-tap.

Fify, lol. And I really hope Dwight doesn't stay in Orlando. The Nets are really looking like they have a shot to jump to the top of the Eastern Conference.

Orlando is CRAZY if they think Dwight Howard will stay. But, will they be smart enough to trade for him.

Wouldn't mind seeing him come to the Lakers for either Pau Gasol or Andrew Bynum. He could become the face of the greatest NBA franchise as Kobe rides off into the sunset. Easily they can win 3 rings together. Forget the comparisons to Shaq...Dwight is his own man. But, he'll never win with the NETS or KNICKS.

Two best fits really are Lakers and Dallas, Chicago would be good, but Rose owns Chicago and Dwight won't be a 2nd fiddle. LA is big enough to have 2 superstars.
This has been in the works for sometime (just a hunch). D. Williams will be coming to Dallas next season (hometown) and him and Cuban are already buddy/buddy and Howard will be right behind him. Cuban has been ahead of the game since the NBA title and everyone thought he was crazy when he didn't resign Chandler (4 year $58 millon contract), JJ (4 year $19 million), Bulter (3 year $24 million) and Stevenson (1 year $3 million) from the Championship team. Would of locked up over $100 million in those salary's along for the next 4 years. Kid and Terry's contract are up after this year that will give them another $20 million to spend. Cuban went with the we get what we get this year and maybe we'll get lucky and get into the playoffs again approach for 2012. Despite the pressure to keep the team in tact, he and the Mavs are in super shape to get Williams and Howard to play with Dirk for the next 4-5 years till Dirk's career is over.

Orlando is CRAZY if they think Dwight Howard will stay. But, will they be smart enough to trade for him.

Wouldn't mind seeing him come to the Lakers for either Pau Gasol or Andrew Bynum. He could become the face of the greatest NBA franchise as Kobe rides off into the sunset. Easily they can win 3 rings together. Forget the comparisons to Shaq...Dwight is his own man. But, he'll never win with the NETS or KNICKS.

Two best fits really are Lakers and Dallas, Chicago would be good, but Rose owns Chicago and Dwight won't be a 2nd fiddle. LA is big enough to have 2 superstars.

Im not sure I understand. Dwight wont play second fiddle in Chicago but will in LA? Chicago is not exactly a small market, ironically just one spot behind LA.
So Rose owns Chicago and Dwight wont be a 2nd fiddle, but he will be okay being a 2nd fiddle behind Bryant.

Things that make me go hmmmm. However based on the past content, I have to say its par for the course. :D

Im not sure I understand. Dwight wont play second fiddle in Chicago but will in LA? Chicago is not exactly a small market, ironically just one spot behind LA.
So Rose owns Chicago and Dwight wont be a 2nd fiddle, but he will be okay being a 2nd fiddle behind Bryant.

Things that make me go hmmmm. However based on the past content, I have to say its par for the course. :D

It makes sense...not if you apply logic or reason... but it makes sense. :act-up:

Now, on to my main focus, every team in the NBA should be trying to trade the Bulls for Carlos Boozer, he is the BEST! Get the word out people.

I think that's also impossible. Kobe had a 9/31 game earlier this season. That's horrible. I don't know if anyone can reach that level.

LeBron could if it was the 4th quarter :D

Anyone else watching the Heat game? I just got home an put it on 5 minutes ago, and wtc is Bosh doing? Asik has had 2 easy putbacks since I've been home. Bosh should probably stop watching the ball and actually box out.

Anyone else watching the Heat game? I just got home an put it on 5 minutes ago, and wtc is Bosh doing? Asik has had 2 easy putbacks since I've been home. Bosh should probably stop watching the ball and actually box out.

Heat are getting thoroughly outplayed by the Rose-less Bulls.

Pretty impressive ball movement by ChiTown throughout this one.

Im watching it. Bulls starters have looked a little lost without rose...bench playing great though.

Heat are getting thoroughly outplayed by the Rose-less Bulls.

Pretty impressive ball movement by ChiTown throughout this one.

Yeah it's absurd. The Heat look turrible out there right now. And the Bulls are raining threes.

What do my fellow THP'ers think of the rumor going around that adidas is he'll bent on keeping Howard out of Chicago? They don't want their two biggest endorsees to be in the same market. It wouldn't surprise me in this day and age that a shoe company would have that type of pull.

Yeah it's absurd. The Heat look turrible out there right now. And the Bulls are raining threes.

Yea as soon as i called the starters out they started to go HAM!

Why don't the Heat just give it to LeBron every possession right now. He seems to be the only Heat player that can do anything right now, but even he's not playing that well (for him). As he cans two threes lol.

Lucasanity!

Lucasanity!

I was literally just about to say this exact thing. Are we all going to freak out now because another relatively unknown PG had a good night? He's playing great though, like Lin did.

Also, wtc is Bosh doing? 3/15? Really? You're a big man, supposed to shoot high %! Somebody tell him lol.

I was literally just about to say this exact thing. Are we all going to freak out now because another relatively unknown PG had a good night? He's playing great though, like Lin did.

Also, wtc is Bosh doing? 3/15? Really? You're a big man, supposed to shoot high %! Somebody tell him lol.

...and just like that the magic is gone....lol....they are gonna blow this.

...and just like that the magic is gone....lol....they are gonna blow this.

Nope. Wade with an ill-advised, very low-percentage shot and then ANOTHER offensive rebound for the Bulls. Bosh should probably learn what rebounding is. He's starting to look like Brook Lopez out there.

Nope. Wade with an ill-advised, very low-percentage shot and then ANOTHER offensive rebound for the Bulls. Bosh should probably learn what rebounding is. He's starting to look like Brook Lopez out there.

haha yea, brook lopez- possibly the worst rebounding 7-footer in history....dont want to be compared to that.

and yea, i know wade was feeling it but that 3 was a heave. not a good shot at all.

haha yea, brook lopez- possibly the worst rebounding 7-footer in history....dont want to be compared to that.

and yea, i know wade was feeling it but that 3 was a heave. not a good shot at all.

It really was. Just try to drive. Worst case you can kick it out to an open shooter. Oh well, they made a good run at it. And that was blatantly off Korver. Could have given them a chance.

Ok...wtc...stop it james jones. Stop it.

It really was. Just try to drive. Worst case you can kick it out to an open shooter. Oh well, they made a good run at it. And that was blatantly off Korver. Could have given them a chance.

That was the ol' too late to call a foul, we will just give them the ball call.

I really like that Nueva York team. They eat faces

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

I really like that Nueva York team. They eat faces

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

I like that melo waits until d'antoni gets the boot before posting his most assists of the season. Slap in the face.

I hate Dwight Howard. Whether it is him or the people behind him, they are stupid. He is afraid of the fans of Orlando so he is sticking around for another year? Are you kidding me? That just makes no sense to me at all. He's stripped himself of all leverage he had because he was afraid. For once, I agree with Stephen A Smith, he owes a lot of people apologies after this. This is pathetic.

Classic 'Melo though....

I like that melo waits until d'antoni gets the boot before posting his most assists of the season. Slap in the face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back