Official 2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taj Gibson has 8 offensive rebounds. The Knicks frontcourt should get on that.

Haha yea that was kinda funny. 22 O-boards for the team. The bulls are a great rebounding team and Rose makes it pretty easy for the bigs to grab his misses cuz he draws so much attention when he drives to the hoop....but outside of Chandler that was mostly just a poor effort from the Knicks...well... i guess for them its a pretty standard effort.

Haha yea that was kinda funny. 22 O-boards for the team. The bulls are a great rebounding team and Rose makes it pretty easy for the bigs to grab his misses cuz he draws so much attention when he drives to the hoop....but outside of Chandler that was mostly just a poor effort from the Knicks...well... i guess for them its a pretty standard effort.

Also because there's so many of them. I'm sorry but only a combo of Jeremy Lin and Baron Davis can make 12-29 from the field look good.

Also because there's so many of them. I'm sorry but only a combo of Jeremy Lin and Baron Davis can make 12-29 from the field look good.

Ha! well im ok with his misses at the rim. his 3's not so much...but when he's attacking the rim he gets to the line and he throw's the ball up on the rim so soft that put-backs couldnt be any easier for the bigs. It doesnt look good in the box score but to me those misses are almost as good as assists. Yes you could say they grab a lot because he misses a lot but i think the team's o-board percentage is more telling then their totals.

Ha! well im ok with his misses at the rim. his 3's not so much...but when he's attacking the rim he gets to the line and he throw's the ball up on the rim so soft that put-backs couldnt be any easier for the bigs. It doesnt look good in the box score but to me those misses are almost as good as assists. Yes you could say they grab a lot because he misses a lot but i think the team's o-board percentage is more telling then their totals.

Oh I know I was hust messing with you. I like Derrick Rose. He's a good young player and a team leader. He could lead them to titles, but I think they'd need to give him a bit more support to do that. I honestly wouldn't be enamored with Boozer as a Bulls fan. I've always thought he was sort of overrated. I like Noah though. My high school's basketball coach turned him away 3 different times, lol. I also like Deng a lot but that's mostly because he went to my high school.

Melo looked like Kobe chucking up wild shot after wild shot out there.

Only thing is Kobe hits 35% of them whereas Melo hits 31%.

Have you guys heard about Tj Ford? Had to retire because of nagging neck injuries. He actually said that his doctors told him to stop playing 5 years ago.
I think he made the right decision to retire while he can still walk. Hope he saved some of his money though.

Oh I know I was hust messing with you. I like Derrick Rose. He's a good young player and a team leader. He could lead them to titles, but I think they'd need to give him a bit more support to do that. I honestly wouldn't be enamored with Boozer as a Bulls fan. I've always thought he was sort of overrated. I like Noah though. My high school's basketball coach turned him away 3 different times, lol. I also like Deng a lot but that's mostly because he went to my high school.

Haha nice. Yea i think boozer is going to be on a serious amnesty watch this offseason. Gibson can do everything boozer does while playing superior defense at a fraction of the cost.

Boozer has been playing better lately but if he disappears in the playoffs again, it might be over for him.

Have you guys heard about Tj Ford? Had to retire because of nagging neck injuries. He actually said that his doctors told him to stop playing 5 years ago.
I think he made the right decision to retire while he can still walk. Hope he saved some of his money though.

Yea its too bad. Seems like not too long ago he was a rising star in the league. I remember the fall he took on his head, when it happened i thought he died, it looked awful.

Bismack Biyombo. That is all.

Woah. Is that the same as the difference between terrible and horrible? Lol.

Close. Melo did chuck alot last game, but he still hasn't shot as many as the black mamba.

Close. Melo did chuck alot last game, but he still hasn't shot as many as the black mamba.

I think that's also impossible. Kobe had a 9/31 game earlier this season. That's horrible. I don't know if anyone can reach that level.

Ellis/udoh for jackson/bogut? Have to say the bucks won that one. Dumping an overpaid aging jerk and an overpaid injury prone center is a win regardless of who you get back.

Ellis/udoh for jackson/bogut? Have to say the bucks won that one. Dumping an overpaid aging jerk and an overpaid injury prone center is a win regardless of who you get back.

I disagree. I like Bogut a lot and even Jackson is pretty good. Ellis and Jennings is a TERRIBLE combination. What the hell were the Bucks thinking? Those guys might throw up more bad shots combined than any other pair of teammates in the league.

I disagree. I like Bogut a lot and even Jackson is pretty good. Ellis and Jennings is a TERRIBLE combination. What the hell were the Bucks thinking? Those guys might throw up more bad shots combined than any other pair of teammates in the league.

what do you mean what are they thinking? they are thinking that they get to shed $14mil in salary for this offseason and they get rid of jackson, who wasnt even playing because he is such a jackass and who no team in the league even really wants. I understand that bogut is a legitimate center but he has had a TERRIBLE injury history the past 4 years.

The bucks are in desperate need of scoring, which ellis will provide and Udoh is a good young defensive player that will be a great fit in a scott skiles system, while kwame brown is an expiring $7mil contract. I dont love jennings/ellis as a starting backcourt but its better than jennings/livingston or jennings/delfino.

what do you mean what are they thinking? they are thinking that they get to shed $14mil in salary for this offseason and they get rid of jackson, who wasnt even playing because he is such a jackass and who no team in the league even really wants. I understand that bogut is a legitimate center but he has had a TERRIBLE injury history the past 4 years.

The bucks are in desperate need of scoring, which ellis will provide and Udoh is a good young defensive player that will be a great fit in a scott skiles system, while kwame brown is an expiring $7mil contract. I dont love jennings/ellis as a starting backcourt but its better than jennings/livingston or jennings/delfino.

I'm not sure it's an improvement in the backcourt. I don't think the Bucks get any better, though I'll agree there are some positives. I just don't see how the Bucks gained anything except maybe some cap space. Who is in their front court now? Nobody good. Do you know how long Ellis is under contract for?

I'm not sure it's an improvement in the backcourt. I don't think the Bucks get any better, though I'll agree there are some positives. I just don't see how the Bucks gained anything except maybe some cap space. Who is in their front court now? Nobody good. Do you know how long Ellis is under contract for?

Ellis has one more year, then a player option...so basically two years. And the bucks front stays the same with this trade considering bogut never plays for them Illyasova (eastern conference player of the week) and Drew Gooden, who seems to put up 20/10 on a nightly basis. Udoh will be great off the bench for them i think too, i like his game.

Ellis has one more year, then a player option...so basically two years. And the bucks front stays the same with this trade considering bogut never plays for them Illyasova (eastern conference player of the week) and Drew Gooden, who seems to put up 20/10 on a nightly basis. Udoh will be great off the bench for them i think too, i like his game.

Oh I forgot about Illyasova. I still think that backcourt is going to be a disaster. I'm not sure either team got better in this trade. I'm not really sure what the point was. Why did the Warriors do it?

Oh I forgot about Illyasova. I still think that backcourt is going to be a disaster. I'm not sure either team got better in this trade. I'm not really sure what the point was. Why did the Warriors do it?

I think the warriors kinda felt like they HAD to trade ellis at this point, and i mean, if bogut can actually play a full season him and david lee would make a pretty solid tandem...

I kinda think the bucks might be thinking that jennings is not the guy for them and that they really dont want to give him a big deal once his rookie contract is up. this move would give them some flexibility in dealing with jennings going forward. In the meantime, i do think this move solidifies a playoff birth for the bucks this year.

The Bucks are sick of Bogut. He's the wussiest Aussie ever. He's like a Canadian.

Kevin

I think the warriors kinda felt like they HAD to trade ellis at this point, and i mean, if bogut can actually play a full season him and david lee would make a pretty solid tandem...

I kinda think the bucks might be thinking that jennings is not the guy for them and that they really dont want to give him a big deal once his rookie contract is up. this move would give them some flexibility in dealing with jennings going forward. In the meantime, i do think this move solidifies a playoff birth for the bucks this year.

That makes sense. I just can't see the Bucks actually doing anything with this. They need to find a player to build around. I don't think Jennings is it and Ellis clearly is not. They should start to lose a bunch so they can draft one.

Orlando is CRAZY if they think Dwight Howard will stay. But, will they be smart enough to trade for him.

Wouldn't mind seeing him come to the Lakers for either Pau Gasol or Andrew Bynum. He could become the face of the greatest NBA franchise as Kobe rides off into the sunset. Easily they can win 3 rings together. Forget the comparisons to Shaq...Dwight is his own man. But, he'll never win with the NETS or KNICKS.

Two best fits really are Lakers and Dallas, Chicago would be good, but Rose owns Chicago and Dwight won't be a 2nd fiddle. LA is big enough to have 2 superstars.

In my bag
Driver: :taylormade: Superfast 2.0 (10.5°)/ Matrix Ozick XCon-4.8 Flex S
Fairway Metals: :taylormade: R11 5 Wood / Blur by Fujikura Flex S
Hybrid: :taylormade: Superfast 2.0 3 Iron Rescue (19°)/ Dynamic Gold S300
Irons: :taylormade: TP MB 4-PW
Gap Wedge: :taylormade: TM TP xFT C-C Wedge Gap, Nippon N.S. Pro 1050 GH 50° Extra Stiff/Strong
Sand Wedge: :taylormade: TM TP xFT, FST KBS Hi-REV 54° (12° Bounce)
Lob Wedge: :taylormade: TM TP xFT, Nippon N.S. Pro 950GH 60° (10° Bounce)
Putter: :odyssey: 2Ball SRT White Hot XG - Belly Putter
Ball: :taylormade: Penta TP

...and mike d'antoni resigns.

...and mike d'antoni resigns.

Hahaha finally. Maybe the Knicks can actually win! Lol.

And why couldn't Dwight win with the Nets? The best PG in the league coupled with the best center in the league? Sounds like a recipe for success to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back