Official Charity Raffle Thread

Craig Mac

Reaction score
Tickets are now available for our Charity Raffle here: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/store.html. Tickets may take up to 24 hours to process, please include mailing address and contact information(email address & forum screen name if you are a member here) in the comments section of the Paypal checkout. If you have not recieved confirmation within 24 hours please contact The Hackers Paradise at admin@thehackersparadise.com

We will be hosting a 7 day Charity Raffle starting April 12th, with the profits going to two charities, The Special Olympics and the Humane Society. Readers of the site will be able to purchase tickets for $4 - $5 depending on quanity purchased, and can purchase as many tickets as they would like. The winning ticket holders will be able to pick from all the prizes donated in a certain class. Starting Saturday, April 12th at 8pm EST, we will pick 3-4 raffle numbers a night and those persons will win the prizes up for auction. If those persons win something that he or she cannot use, they will be able to exchange it for some designated prizes up for exchange. Every little bit helps and we hope that our readers can embrace giving back as much as we do.​

Our rules are a little different, anybody is eligible for this contest and can purchase tickets to win in the raffle. Photographs are required because we are going to submit the thread to the charities as well as the companies so that they can see the prizes in action. We hope we have an amazing turnout and judging by each company's reaction, the prizes are going to be great.​

List of companies and donated prizes are:​

1. Taylormade - R9 Driver
2. Bridgestone - 2 Dozen Golf Balls
3. SeeMore Putters - Bronze FGP Putter
4. Basic Golf - Shirt & Hat Combo
5. Bag Boy - Mini GT Push Cart
6. Graphite Design - Multiple Shafts
7. GloveIt - Nicole Miller Headcover Set
8. Cleveland Golf - CG14 Wedges 6 Total
9. Travis Mathew Apparel
10. Nickent - Evolver Driver & 4DX Cavity Back Set
11. OGIO - OGIO Backpack
12. Lady Golf - Keri Golf Bag
13. Capito Apparel - S7 Kit (Belt, Buckle, Divot Repair)
14. PAHR Golf - Certificate for Free Outfit
15. Daphne's Headcovers - Multiple Headcovers
16. LIJA Apparel - $100 Gift Certificate
17. Titleist 09 ProV1 and ProV1x Golf Balls and Hats
18. Bionic Glove - 3 Gloves
19. SunDog Eye Wear - 4 Pairs of Sunglasses
20. Fairwaystyles.com - 2 $50 gift cards and 5 pairs of shorts
21. Izzo Golf - Swami GPS
22. Pink Tees Ladies Apparel - Dress/Polo Outfit & Tee shirt
23. Lela Designs
24. Live Eyewear Quattro Glasses
25. House of Carrington Apparel
26. Golftini - Skort and Matching top
27. GEL Putters - 4 Golf Bags, 2 putters, 2 shirts
28. Nike - Dymo Driver and 3 dozen golf balls
29. Bushnell - Tour V2 Rangefinder
30. Cobra - Camo GT Stand Bag and 12 Tour Hats
31. Hozell - 3 Hats and 2 shirts
32. 10th Tee Bars - 6 Boxes of bars.
33. Yes! Putters - Tiffany Putter
34. Sweet Lies Golf - 1 Ladies Outfit
35. Mizuno -MX-700 Driver
36. ECCO Shoes - Ladies Shoes
37. Epoch Tees
38. Gogie Girl - 3 Ladies Hats
39. Sligo Wear - Full Outfits & Belts
40. Ian Poulter Designs - Gift Certificate for a free outfit

Charitable donations can be used as a tax deduction, if you need more information please contact us at admin@thehackersparadise.com

You do not need to be a member of the forum to purchase raffle tickets.​

Last edited by a moderator:
This is going to be great.:alien2:

Purchased!!! Wish I could purchase more, but the bank account can only handle 10. Actually, lets see how many more I can get.

Purchased!!! Wish I could purchase more, but the bank account can only handle 10. Actually, lets see how many more I can get.
Thank you Dent! We hope to make a nice donation to the charities involved!!

I guess if I wanted to do more than 10 I'd have to place separate orders, right?

Gary, the way it is setup with Paypal you would just add tickets to your cart, then change the quanity on the checkout page at Paypal. So if you wanted 20 tickets, select 10 tickets from our store, then once you are taken to paypal change your quanity to 2 and you will have 20 tickets. You do not need to place seperate orders, just select the quanity from the store and it will add them to your Paypal cart.

If you wanted 34 tickets, just add 10 tickets then go back and add 1 ticket, then adjust your cart accordingly to the desired amount.

Thanks Hacker, I actually figured it out.

So if I win the PAHR certificate, can I trade that for dinner with Jocelyn? I'm sure Gilk can make it happen! Ha ha (ducks as wifey walks past).

Not sure that would work out WSE. But its a nice thought...hehe

I hope it's ok to ask a general question here. If not move it to the other thread.

My question is, are you doing this auction like you did the other one? Are we supposed to send you our top 10 list or what ever and when our number is picked we get what ever is top on our list that hasn't been taken? Or will you say "we are picking for the R7" and then pick a number and who ever has that number gets that prize? Did that make sense?

That Shirt, Ball & Tee, Towel, and 10 tickets deal is great deal. :banana:

It will be the latter of the two bogey. We will be drawing for a certain prize each time. If for some reason that prize is not wanted by the winner or does not suit the winner, they will be able to exchange it for some designated prizes that are available.

It will be the latter of the two bogey. We will be drawing for a certain prize each time. If for some reason that prize is not wanted by the winner or does not suit the winner, they will be able to exchange it for some designated prizes that are available.

Makes sense. One last question will that prize that was "rejected" be put into the exchange pile or will it be added back to the end of the list and redraw for it later?

There will be a lot of happy people in a month. :good:

It will be added back into the list for a redraw.

Thanks for all of the quick ticket sales guys. Everybody should have their raffle numbers that bought tix already.

Quick question JB:

Are there actually more prizes than stated in the list? For example Cleveland Donated 6 wedges, are all 6 going to the person who won? Or are you splitting that prize up? As well as Gel Putters, they donated a bunch too. Is that all going to one person?

We will be splitting them up. So yes, there will be more prizes.

There will be a ton of prizes, and possibly even more still to come. The THP offices are overflowing with amazing golf gear, there will be some very happy people next month :D

Everybody that has purchased tix at this point should have their raffle numbers. Please hold on to them.

Original Post updated. Yes! putter arrived and it was a Tiffany model for those keeping score at home.

We are just about a month away from our huge charity event. After being at Doral and seeing the pros using some of these amazing items we have up for grabs, I am even more excited then I was before!!

That is great Dent. Glad you like them.

I was talking to some of the comapnies today and they are really excited about this charity event. It should be a good time had by all.

It'll be a good time when I win that R9!

Back