Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I missed the beginning of the OT. Did the Stanford kicker miss again? If so how long was the kick?

Missed I think a 41-42 yarder? A redshirt Freshman.

Stanford kicker missed two. A 35 yard kick at the end of regulation and a 45 yard kick in OT. Hooked both badly.

Steel Tappin'

I saw the one in regulation. I can't believe he missed again. Albeit from 45, but still. Geez.

They ran it, lost yards, then threw a pass that didn't get a first down. Something along those lines.

Kevin

Best Touchback I have ever seen!
dmfxpk.gif

Justin Blackmon sure was impressive last night.

Best Touchback I have ever seen!
dmfxpk.gif
I laughed about that one for quite a while, they had one similar but not as funny in the Rose Bowl.

I saw that too WE, there were a couple of close calls on touchbacks last night.

He is awesome, he will be great as a rookie next year for sure.

He's good. The Packers could put him to good use.

Kevin

I still dont understand how he is rated below what Julio and AJ were rated last year? I only know what I see, and the guy looks every bit as good.

I still dont understand how he is rated below what Julio and AJ were rated last year? I only know what I see, and the guy looks every bit as good.

Maybe it's something the scouts see in terms of being a pro-prospect. And hey, I'd take slightly lower because Green and Jones were really good this year.

He's good. The Packers could put him to good use.

Kevin

Unless Blackmon can play DB, the last thing the Packers need is another wide receiver.

Unless Blackmon can play DB, the last thing the Packers need is another wide receiver.

You take things quite literally, don't you?

Kevin

You take things quite literally, don't you?

Kevin

I never joke around about the Green and Gold. That s__t's for real. errrr......

I might have missed on your sarcasm.

Its early and a lot can change depending on pro days and combines. I think people are very quick to forget how good past players were in college though.

Maybe he's undersized compared to those two. I mean, back to back Belitnikoff awards speak for themselves. He showed awesome hands last night and the ability to break away from the secondary. I can't wait to see him playing on Sunday's. The story about him and that little girl just speaks about what kind of a dude he is too. He did get a DUI a couple of years ago though.

Its early and a lot can change depending on pro days and combines. I think people are very quick to forget how good past players were in college though.

And Green and Jones have had great rookie years too. I think any team would be happy if Blackmon performed like those two have this year.

Maybe he's undersized compared to those two. I mean, back to back Belitnikoff awards speak for themselves. He showed awesome hands last night and the ability to break away from the secondary. I can't wait to see him playing on Sunday's. The story about him and that little girl just speaks about what kind of a dude he is too. He did get a DUI a couple of years ago though.

It really rubbed me the wrong way last night when right after the game, on the field, he was talking about going to the NFL. That just didn't seem like the right time to do that and came off as really selfish.

There are a lot of factors. ANybody remember how good Michael Crabtree was in college?

It really rubbed me the wrong way last night when right after the game, on the field, he was talking about going to the NFL. That just didn't seem like the right time to do that and came off as really selfish.

Or honest? I appreciate the honesty for once myself.

Or honest? I appreciate the honesty for once myself.

The honesty is good. But a simple, "This isn't the time to talk about that. I don't want to take any attention away from the other guys on the team who helped win this game. Alabama is a joke." That is the kind of honesty I would have rather heard him say.

I completely disagree.

True, but having to watch AJ and Julio for years, I saw too much of them. They were both beasts in College, and played against some VERY good Secondaries in the SEC while they were at Bama/UGA.

That's what I saw last night too. He made some terrific plays, but then again, most NFL defenses are a bit better than that of Stanford.

There are a lot of factors. ANybody remember how good Michael Crabtree was in college?
Good point.

Crabtree seems to be getting better as a NFL WR though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back