Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny, the big article yesterday on ajc was if Georgia should hire him so they can sign Ruben Foster

I saw that headline and did not even bother to click on the link, I am not a Trooper fan either.

u6u2atez.jpg

Nice shirts, Notre Dame. Way to tick off a bunch of big guys that were probably going to cause you harm in the first place, before you ever started talking trash to them... #couldgetugly
Thats not even a notre dame shirt. Notre Dame wouldnt support anything like that. And they are very very picky about who can use their name, which is why that shirt doesnt say notre dame or have any nd symbols on it.

What is going on with the ACC...tweet after tweet, rumor after rumor....are they blowing this conference up or what?

Thats not even a notre dame shirt. Notre Dame wouldnt support anything like that. And they are very very picky about who can use their name, which is why that shirt doesnt say notre dame or have any nd symbols on it.

If you can find the site that sells the shirt then you can read up on it. The design was made and sold to the company by a Notre Dame Intern Coach playing off of the old Catholics vs Convicts plug from the Notre Dame vs Miami game years ago. So yes... It was in a way a Notre Dame made shirt. It was sent to me by one of my friends that's an Alabama fan. He's pretty heated about it. Wish I would've saved the URL, I would've given it to you.

Don't try and act like ND is above it all. My Vol's aren't, Alabama isn't, but neither are your boys.

I would just like to say, it's spelled Forest.

If the basis to this story is true, Mr. Strong seems like a stand-up guy who does things for the right reasons and sticks to it.

Charlie Strong Explains Decision to Stay at Louisville

Strong was out the door and on his way to Tennessee. On the way to a conference with his players to let them know he was gone Louisville's AD caught him and threw a 4.1 million a year promise at him. After that was put on the table is when he changed his mind. Not a soul search. TN didn't think he was ready or worth those figures so they didn't match. Now Strong is still in Louisville. It's much simpler and less noble than he made it sound.

I can't blame the guy for saying that though. What's he gonna say? "I was out the door, guys, until I got a boatload of money dumped on my lap".

Strong was out the door and on his way to Tennessee. On the way to a conference with his players to let them know he was gone Louisville's AD caught him and threw a 4.1 million a year promise at him. After that was put on the table is when he changed his mind. Not a soul search. TN didn't think he was ready or worth those figures so they didn't match. Now Strong is still in Louisville. It's much simpler and less noble than he made it sound.

I can't blame the guy for saying that though. What's he gonna say? "I was out the door, guys, until I got a boatload of money dumped on my lap".
I thought it was reported that he didnt get a raise at Louisville?

I would like to retract part of my statement. The Vol Nation would have happily given him the pay day. We were excited about him and think he would've been worth it. Dave Hart alone in his infinite wisdom thought that he wasn't worth matching the 4.1 million.

I'm starting to believe that Alabama sent Hart to us as part of a grand scheme to ruin Tennessee football...

Alright Bama, it's working. Joke's over now!

If you can find the site that sells the shirt then you can read up on it. The design was made and sold to the company by a Notre Dame Intern Coach playing off of the old Catholics vs Convicts plug from the Notre Dame vs Miami game years ago. So yes... It was in a way a Notre Dame made shirt. It was sent to me by one of my friends that's an Alabama fan. He's pretty heated about it. Wish I would've saved the URL, I would've given it to you.

Don't try and act like ND is above it all. My Vol's aren't, Alabama isn't, but neither are your boys.
the shirt is made by sports crack, they are in no way affiliated with notre dame. Notre Dame is very very picky with who they allow to use their name and logo. Like i said no where on it does it have notre dames name or logo. Im not saying Notre dame is above anything im just saying you are using a completely outside company who makes shirts demoralizing many teams for a profit and saying that its notre dame. I highly doubt anyone at notre dame had anything to do with that shirt. Stuff like that is just rumors. It would of been of better if it would of said Golden Domers vs trailer homers. And Notre Dame does not endorse catholics vs convicts. That is a media given name.

Hmm... You might be right. Are you sure that sports crack doesn't just sell it though? When I first saw it that wasn't where it was that I was reading on it.

You might be right though. Rumors and smack talk are fairly prevalent this time of year.

Funny, the big article yesterday on ajc was if Georgia should hire him so they can sign Ruben Foster

Fosters arm.jpg

Ruben ain't goin no where!

Hmm... You might be right. Are you sure that sports crack doesn't just sell it though? When I first saw it that wasn't where it was that I was reading on it.

You might be right though. Rumors and smack talk are fairly prevalent this time of year.
ya i mean i dont know 100% but im pretty sure its a sports crack only shirt. If you look at the photo you posted you can see the logo on the back of the shirt near the neck. Id bet it was just a rumor though. The priests at notre dame are extremely strict so if anyone on payroll sold a design that was an off color joke their job would be gone. I bet a ton of students at nd think bad things about bama, but thats just football smack talk and the college would never go on the record with anything like that.

I personally think its lame when people combine their school logo or chant with another school they pull for. Like Auburn saying War Gators when they wanted Florida to beat us. Bama fans have done it too. When Oregon played Auburn I remember some green and yellow script A logos.

I personally think its lame when people combine their school logo or chant with another school they pull for. Like Auburn saying War Gators when they wanted Florida to beat us. Bama fans have done it too. When Oregon played Auburn I remember some green and yellow script A logos.

I agree with you, I hate when it happens as well. I heard Roll Ducks and all sorts of crazy stuff that year.

I know, I hate when fans do that...

34721581478.png

RollDucksRoll_01.jpg

Roll-Ducks-Roll1.jpg

roll_ducks_roll_tshirt.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back