Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easy to hit hybrid: RBZ, Cobra Baffler, A12, VRS or TEE Trilogy. Heck, I bet you can find one of the older A7's for cheap. Those things are super easy to hit and are by no means a bad club.

If you're looking for forgiveness I'd stay away from the 910, A12 Pro, Pro Black, Mashie Tour and Amp. All are a bit tricker then expected.

Or buy something for the hell of it. It's not going to hurt to do that either. Sorry, I am not helping at all here haha. Might as well get that RBZ dude.

Ha, thanks! I am being really vague which is not helping, I know. Sorry.

Easy to hit hybrid: RBZ, Cobra Baffler, A12, VRS or TEE Trilogy. Heck, I bet you can find one of the older A7's for cheap. Those things are super easy to hit and are by no means a bad club.

If you're looking for forgiveness I'd stay away from the 910, A12 Pro, Pro Black, Mashie Tour and Amp. All are a bit tricker then expected.

Thanks Super Tuna. That is a good list, I really liked the Cobra, used to game it and gave it to my brother. I think I will go with the RBZ.

Mostly agree, but I think the 910 is plenty forgiving.

Another thought for a cheap and forgiving hybrid is hunting down old model Nickents. I've pondered a 3DX lately...

Mostly agree, but I think the 910 is plenty forgiving.

Another thought for a cheap and forgiving hybrid is hunting down old model Nickents. I've pondered a 3DX lately...

The 4DX's are beasts. Flat out performance.

Got to hit the Mashie FW at Golfsmith today, but.....no launch monitor. Just hitting into their big net. I liked the feel, and I seemed to be launching the ball okay, but the Ping G20 is still the early leader until I can see some head-to-head numbers.

Went to PGA SS and was able to hit some I20s with the new Project X wood shafts. Lots of slicing, and I don't know if that was the slightly open face or just me. The shafts felt great, though. The G20 was sweet, but then the simulator went a little haywire. I had been hitting the G20 225-230 yards on the sim....which is a pretty good poke for me on the course. All of a sudden I was hitting it 245-250, with swing speeds in the 105mph range. Out of curiosity, I switched over to an old style mashie hybrid, and launched a couple of those nearly 250 as well. LOL. I was getting sweaty, anyway, so I stopped there.

Pondering new irons because everyone else is. TMex will OEM soemthing soon!

Watcha thinking, Yoccos?

Pondering DG S300s because of the great price in the Marketplace. But I don't think they'd fit in my irons. Boo.

Just wondering if anybody here ever bit on any of the Warrior golf clubs. I am not in the least considering them, but was curious about the quality of the product.

Cleveland Classic 290 driver vs. Cleveland Black Tour driver. I really hope I don't have to decide on a big stick for the MC before the THP Demo Day.

Cleveland Classic 290 driver vs. Cleveland Black Tour driver. I really hope I don't have to decide on a big stick for the MC before the THP Demo Day.

Interesting ponder. The black is the best head I've ever hit but I think the change on the tour head puts it off limits for me.

--
tapatalk

new hybrid.... but i love my R11... maybe ill wait till Demo day and then ill feel like i have a mission while im there instead of hitting everything i can get my hands on.

TC's CG15 50*. I want that wedge.

Interesting ponder. The black is the best head I've ever hit but I think the change on the tour head puts it off limits for me.

--
tapatalk

Obviously I haven't hit the CG Black driver as much as you have, but I got the "high rights" whenever I tried to get aggressive in my swing. With the driver, I'm much more likely to swing harder than smoother at the ball, so the regular CG Black driver may not be the best for me. However, I'm intrigued by the technology in that driver, and if they have it in a lower-spinning configuration with a shaft that works for me....now we're talking.

That could be the most amazing ponder ever, cant go wrong either way.

Obviously I haven't hit the CG Black driver as much as you have, but I got the "high rights" whenever I tried to get aggressive in my swing. With the driver, I'm much more likely to swing harder than smoother at the ball, so the regular CG Black driver may not be the best for me. However, I'm intrigued by the technology in that driver, and if they have it in a lower-spinning configuration with a shaft that works for me....now we're talking.

Oh no our interest are very similar in regards to the Tour Black. My concern is I don't need a driver face that is open.

--
tapatalk

What shaft is in the Tour Black?

I ponder whether or not the Classic 270 would give me some swing speed and thus more distance.

I ponder what length I want the shaft in my Classic driver. And whether I want a 9* or 10.5* head.

I ponder whether or not the Classic 270 would give me some swing speed and thus more distance.

Only one way to find out! i can't wait to hit this driver and the R11S.

True that Buckjob. Epic pondering going on in here tonight. I ponder a new phone too.

True that Buckjob. Epic pondering going on in here tonight. I ponder a new phone too.

No phone talk in this thread of awesomeness.

I've thought about that too. The 39 shaft has a pretty smooth feel and I do wonder if it would bring my launch up a bit if I needed it to.

I ponder what length I want the shaft in my Classic driver. And whether I want a 9* or 10.5* head.

I'm thinking 45 and shaft is still undetermined.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back