Official Golfing Weather Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
High of 92 today! I'd say we're going through a little heat spell right now :D

A high of 93* today :sweat:

A high of 93* today :sweat:

Wow, pretty warm. It was close to 70* here yesterday and hardly a wisper of a breeze, but 61* today and the winds at 25 to 30 mph. Next few day won't break out of the 50's, but I don't mind playing in that.

Man what a cold day for a round in New Hampshire

Man what a cold day for a round in New Hampshire

Boy what an interesting day on the links up here in New Hampshire.

I played Candia Woods today for anybody who knows the course. I started the round at 9:30 am in 35 degree temps. Man it was cold to be swingin'. The sun eventually warmed the place to about 47 degrees. It was interesting to see how firm the greens were. Everybody is performing fall maintenance this time of year so you expect the sorts of things you always see in the fall but the firmness was still a bit of a surprise. Regardless of hitting some pretty high trajectory shots into the greens I would walk up and not find a pitch mark anywhere. It was very difficult to hold anything on the greens as well as they were just so firm. Putting was also challenging. I really did not mind the course challenges.

Gosh I just wish it was not so darned cold especially at the start. As much as I thought I was prepared I still did not have enough layers on at the start. Yet I barely had enough freedom to swing as it was. I did manage to compound my problems by bringing the wrong R9 supertri. I have a 10.5 Supertri fitted with a Miyazaki shaft cut to 44 inches and unfortunately brought a 9.5 Supertri with stock S-flex shaft. Boy was I in for it. Although it was another challenge that made the round interesting as I really had no idea how I was going to get around the course with that thiing. Eventually hit some decent drives with it but it really did hurt me on most holes and I was disappointed because I hit the ball pretty well today. I was always starting from where that darned 9.5 stock S-flex had left me though and that is way the wrong driver for me. I eventually chocked up on it and took the huge hit in distance as opposed to ending up in the long stuff.

Anyway it would all have been fun and just more learning for me if it were not for the darned cold up until about 1:00.

Merged with the official weather thread.

today i thought id have the course all to myself since it was overcast and drizzly with highs in the mid 50s... i get to the course and there are a dozen guys in the proshop paying for their rounds =/

All I can say is WOW. 76 degrees with 20% humidity today??? Helloooooo, it's November, but I ain't complaining. 68 tomorrow with a breeze, but I'll be out there. I think I sweated at one point, lol.

All I can say is WOW. 76 degrees with 20% humidity today??? Helloooooo, it's November, but I ain't complaining. 68 tomorrow with a breeze, but I'll be out there. I think I sweated at one point, lol.
Not bad for Nebraska, Due! That's about the same as it was here in northwestern Arizona today. It looked like rain this morning, but ended up being sunny and in the high 70's...10-15 mph winds, but I won't complain.

Yeah snowman, hard to take, haha. I talk to a friend that was in Arizona this morning and she was quite upset.

"I came all the way here for this, when its the same back home?"

Funny part is she'll be home about the time we should have a high in mid 40's, lol.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

70* out tommorrow and my dbag boss won't let me have the day off for some marathon golf. Anyone hiring?

one word to describe today... windy!
i dont mind the cold or hot but i cant stand the wind

Welcome to THP Akline, might as well stick around.

it was perfect today... sunny mid 60s and no wind

Just finished a round of golf at San Leandro, right outside San Francisco and it's 72 out. Beautiful day for golf!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I played down in Temecula, CA (near San Diego) on Saturday....chilly in the morning (mid-40's), but by the 8th or 9th hole it was in the low 80's - sunny and no wind. Great golfing weather!

So I read the 10 day for my area today, and its suppose to be 79 and sunny. All I can say is, holy cow, please let some Taylormade golf balls get here soon!!!!!!

started off perfect then got worse and worse as the day went on
sunny low 70s no wind... then cloudy cooling down to mid 60s and breezy

Two day's in a row starting a round in the upper 40's, finish 50*. Hard to beat 50* golf as long as the sun shines and the wind don't blow.

looks like with the weather thats forecast
i will attempt to OD on golf till the holidays!
60s and 70s!

60 and sunny this weekend hopefully my wrist will cooperate!!

Horizontal snow atm, yikes.

Just happy I'm leaving for Abu Dhabi Sunday for a three week hiatus. :)

This was the only day this early winter that I got blown off the course. Steady winds of 30 miles per hour and heavy gusts above 50.

Today was my first experience of "freezing" golf. i.e. the temp was below 0*C. Made approach shots into greens interesting, you had to try and guess/figure out if the green was semi-frozen and the ball would bounce on miles, or whether it had thawed out a bit and was therefore just a bit soggy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back