Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been around the forum lately. Here's why.

Step-Father (I hate that term) diagnosed with 2 forms of prostate cancer. Surgery successful, but recovery is not going well.
Step-Brother terminal lung cancer. Surgery not successful, chemo not successful. He's in and out of the hospital every few days to have his lungs drained of fluid. Hasn't been able to get out of bed for most of the last 4 months.
Biological father in the hospital for 2 weeks with emphzema (sp?) and bad Co2 levels in his blood. Transfered to a nursing home, may never get home.

That's my rant. It's been a rough end of the year! The selfish side of me is pissed that I had to cancel my trip to the 2012 outing. But I need to do what I need to do.

Thoughts are with you and your family my friend....

Waiting on a response from counteroffer on a house sucks. Get that snow melted in KC, we're moving there in 5 weeks
In about 5 weeks, we likely will have snow on the ground that's going to stay a while!

Just an update, we are past the inspection (only had 2 minor things to fix), awaiting the appraisal now. Looks like the buyer is full steam ahead, we've already started receiving some of his mail. Cant wait to get the closing scheduled and finished.
That's pretty crazy that he's already done his change of address forms! Looks like it's advantage to you if there are any small hurdles the rest of the way.

Step-Father (I hate that term) diagnosed with 2 forms of prostate cancer. Surgery successful, but recovery is not going well.
Step-Brother terminal lung cancer. Surgery not successful, chemo not successful. He's in and out of the hospital every few days to have his lungs drained of fluid. Hasn't been able to get out of bed for most of the last 4 months.
Biological father in the hospital for 2 weeks with emphzema (sp?) and bad Co2 levels in his blood. Transfered to a nursing home, may never get home.

That's my rant. It's been a rough end of the year! The selfish side of me is pissed that I had to cancel my trip to the 2012 outing. But I need to do what I need to do.

that's pretty rough dude. Thoughts and prayers with you and your family. Don't worry their will be other outings

Frustrating there aren't better and more practice facilities closer to where I live. I'd love to be able to practice my golf more, but the drive and expenses limit that, kind of frustrating.

Frustrating there aren't better and more practice facilities closer to where I live. I'd love to be able to practice my golf more, but the drive and expenses limit that, kind of frustrating.

This for me too. I don't have a grass range within 45 minutes and no place that I know of with a short game practice area that's open to the public.

It's still raining. It's been raining most of the time since about 10 AM.

Grip changes. Getting extremely frustrated right now with my swing. Ready to hit the lessons in February.

It's still raining. It's been raining most of the time since about 10 AM.

Are you not getting the snow storm that's coming across between here and Wichita Smally? Seem's like you guys always get what comes that direction, they are looking at a foot or more last I checked.

The winter weather advisory stops two counties from us to the west. They say sleet and freezing rain tonight and a half inch of snow tomorrow.

Up north of us they are supposed to get a bout half a foot.

374736_235788426495131_100001919271524_542006_761922178_n.jpg

The winter weather advisory stops two counties from us to the west. They say sleet and freezing rain tonight and a half inch of snow tomorrow.

Up north of us they are supposed to get a bout half a foot.

Thank goodness. We have snow tonight and tomorrow, 50% chance, but I've not heard how much yet. A white Christmas is nice if its gone the next day.

I am just checking in for this 1st time tonight, Man I am so sorry to read all of this Matt, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Sold a couple clubs for a hundy a piece. Got the annual bonus from work. Lookin' at some new irons. Unexpected auto repair rears its head to the tune of about 7 bills.
:angry::at-wits-end::banghead:

Matt,
I just saw this, thinking about you and hoping for the best for you and your family. I was looking forward to meeting you in May, but there will be other outings for you to get to. It's very admirable that you are putting your family first, a lot of people don't do that.

Wow Matt. I'm very sorry to hear what's been going on. I hope things turn around soon for you and your family.

fact: I HATE WINTER

Someone just dropped off 4 dozen Dunkin Donuts. Self control...self control.

Someone just dropped off 4 dozen Dunkin Donuts. Self control...self control.

Screw that dude. Eat one for you and two for me. It's the holidays.

Beast mode from tapatalk

I lost my fantasy football semi-finals by one point. I have Heath Miller and he was targeted numerous times, it's a PPR league do one more catch and I would have at least tied.

Sometimes life just ain't fair. I just received word from a friend of mine that he and his mother are taking his father off life support. He is all banged up about it even though he has been preapring for this moment for months. Losing someone close is never easy, having to lose someone over the holidays...well I can't imagine. My heart goes out to my friend and his family.

Sometimes life just ain't fair. I just received word from a friend of mine that he and his mother are taking his father off life support. He is all banged up about it even though he has been preapring for this moment for months. Losing someone close is never easy, having to lose someone over the holidays...well I can't imagine. My heart goes out to my friend and his family.

Sorry to head that Freddie. Thoughts are prayers are with him and his family. That is really, really tough.

Hate to hear that. Tough thing to have to go through, especially this time of year.

Sorry to hear, Tad. That sucks for your buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back