Official THP 2011 Golf Outing & Demo Day

Thanks for the info GG and JB. I have an account in Jupiter so I may be able to plan this around a business trip!

i'm definitely in on that format. i like the idea of two man scrambles. i pick belbin!

Awwww thanks! My motto (and I live by it)... Drive for show putt like $#!t

If you can make the putts, I'll put us out there. (if I can get there still tbd)

If you can make the putts, I'll put us out there. (if I can get there still tbd)

You're screwed then...hehe

I'm more of a 1 man scramble player so I'd like my own team please. :arrogant:

Nah heck if this turns out to happen I'm in with anyone and on anyone's team, I have no preference cuz my team will win anyway!!

So as someone who's never been to Flordia, let alone this area and who would bring the wife for an extended vacation, what's neat for her to do in the area? She's sold on the social side of it but if we can swing the time off, she'd like to do something else while the demo/rounds are going on. Suggestions?

So as someone who's never been to Flordia, let alone this area and who would bring the wife for an extended vacation, what's neat for her to do in the area? She's sold on the social side of it but if we can swing the time off, she'd like to do something else while the demo/rounds are going on. Suggestions?

I would suggest listening to our THP Radio show we did a while back from the resort or looking through the resort picture thread first. For many, once you are there, you dont want to leave. Even for the non-golfers between the spa and the pools, it is darn hard to leave. There is also shopping and beaches nearby of course.

Nah heck if this turns out to happen I'm in with anyone and on anyone's team, I have no preference cuz my team will win anyway!!

I like the positive thinking

yeah, that guy dominated our FF league like he said he would...oh, I read that wrong, I thought you meant you and Wilwin

You're screwed then...hehe

not anymore, the ghost is in effect baby!

The resort is full of things to do and has some high end shopping on site. You are near awesome beaches and Miami isn't far away. Orlando is a few hours away with about ten million things to do a well. Florida has some pretty great outlet malls also.

I tapped, I talked.

Coming from the guy that was fitted for a Center Shafted mid mallet. I like my chances...hehe

Coming from the guy that was fitted for a Center Shafted mid mallet. I like my chances...hehe

yup, i was, but the back account wasn't :p

it actually is, I witnessed it. Except for one time he had a LONG putt and says, "I love this thing because I am even leaving my lag putts real close", he followed that comment by blowing it past the hole 8 feet. hahaha, he did make the come back putt though.

just wait til I get my new Betti on the course. I am gonna be like Mel Gibson in Lethal Weapon ( leave the female abuse jokes out of this)

If you play two man teams the best strategy is to go with someone who:

a) has a short game
b) is familiar with the course
c) has won on the course before
d) likes competition

So the obvious choice for a partner would be JB.

I'm a serious golfer. I prefer an equally as serious partner. Or I can be bribed with Chipotle.

I cant wait!!!!!

I think we should add the rule that you can take one stroke off for every beer drank on that hole. This would be a huge game changer.

I'm a serious golfer. I prefer an equally as serious partner. Or I can be bribed with Chipotle.

I cant wait!!!!!

mmmmm Chipotle

I think we should add the rule that you can take one stroke off for every beer drank on that hole. This would be a huge game changer.

I think I like this plan, but I quit really drinking on the course. Its really bad for my game, ask my bro

Who is flying into Ft. Lauderdale? Anyone?

We haven't book our flights yet, but I'm guessing Mrs. AHA and I will be flying into Ft. Lauderdale.

I cant wait!!!!!

Nice. Serious golfers are good. I aspire to be one one day...

I can be bribed with Miller High Life and bacon popcorn

I'm down for whatever format the group decides on. I can't wait for this thing to be fully booked so we can start getting pairings, figure out games, etc.

If you play two man teams the best strategy is to go with someone who:

a) has a short game
b) is familiar with the course
c) has won on the course before
d) likes competition

So the obvious choice for a partner would be JB.

I wont be partaking in a 2nd round on Saturday.

What if we did random selection out of a hat for teams?

Edit: Or we could do like basket ball and have foul shots, but putts instead.

Back