Official US Open Thread [Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wheatcroft! :act-up:

I kind of get the opposite feeling. Plus I hope it stays close with lots, of guys in contention!

However, the way Tiger has hit his first few approaches, if he gets his putter going, look out!

Its not his approaches or putter that have been teh problem.

The driver has been killing him. Isn't he ranked 1 or so in putting and from 275 in this year?

When he makes a birdie here soon, the crowd will go nuts and proclaim he is back. We have a few members here that will be jumping up and down like they won the lottery. Lets give it time and see how the tee shots hold up before we announce him back yet. Its eventually going to happen.

will somebody please shut off Bermans mic

I really expected the AM crowd to kick the afternoon guys butts pretty well. The greens were really soft early, but these guy's are still doing a solid job. Lot's of putts going down right now! Even Rocco's gettin'r done!

Dang, westwood was one of my guys and he is struggling pretty good. Guess he shouldn't have been closing down the pub this week.

Dang, westwood was one of my guys and he is struggling pretty good. Guess he shouldn't have been closing down the pub this week.

The Hogsbreath saloon in Carmel is a nice spot. My first National salesmeeting was in Carmel and we got to play Pebble Beach and Spyglass. And I did visit the Pubs also.:hungry:
Couldn't find any beer or cocktail imoticons.

He's great at football, golf? Not so much.

So how are some of these guys qualified for the US Open? Guys like Baddely, and Jerry Kelly among others. Seems like there are alot of better golfers that should be in over them.

Wow Baddeley is really beating the ball around.

So how are some of these guys qualified for the US Open? Guys like Baddely, and Jerry Kelly among others. Seems like there are alot of better golfers that should be in over them.

That is what makes the US Open so great. Anybody can qualify through qualifying and get in. Truly a democratic tournament.

Any cut predictions?

Is there a rhyme or reason on how they give out special exemptions?

The USGA gives out very few special exemptions. The USGA does a very good job of running tournaments and there is very little gray area in how they conduct their events. I have been fortunate to have qualified for two USGA event and they were the highlight of my golf experience. (1965 National Publinx, 1970 US Open)

It is amazing how many really good players don't get into the US Open.

It would be kind of funny if he fell in... Just sayin. Not trying to sound meen...

Amazing drop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back