Ping G20 Driver & Review Thread

Can you explain some things about the stock shaft?

oooh man - that is one beautiful weapon of grass destruction. I already currently own 2 PING drivers....might be in for a third.....

Looking forward to your thoughts on this one Hanks. This was recently in the running to get in my bag and while it felt good, it just did not put the numbers up that I wanted. Definitely a very sleek driver to look at.

What is the shaft length in your K15? 45 3/4 is getting up there in length...

cant wait to hear how it works out for ya. Thanks Ping and THP for allowing a member to test this out!

cant wait to hear how it works out for ya. Thanks Ping and THP for allowing a member to test this out!

I should mention that this is not a forum member test.
Hanks is part of the THP staff and will be a home page review.

I should mention that this is not a forum member test.
Hanks is part of the THP staff and will be a home page review.

I know, I should of used staff instead of member, just was saying thanks

Hate the look of the bottom.

Best part?

Only have to look at it when taking off the head cover.

Looking forward to hear about the thoughts on this. Ping the last few years have really caught my attention with their woods.

Amen. This is such a classic but powerful looking driver....almost makes me not want to hit it it's so pretty...almost

I gotta admit this club looks way better in person than in pics. Can't wait to hear more Hanks.

nope, not the tour shaft. stock TFC

True spank. Hanks, which shaft is that? It's not the tour shaft right?

I'll be following this driver closely!

this appears to be the same shaft found in the K15 which is designed to help you swing more club weight with the same swing

Can you explain some things about the stock shaft?

I agree and I'm curious to see how I adjust to that....The Miyazaki in the K15 is a shade over 45 1/2

I'll try to get some comparison pics of the G20 and the K15 tomorrow at the range

Looking forward to your thoughts on this one Hanks. This was recently in the running to get in my bag and while it felt good, it just did not put the numbers up that I wanted. Definitely a very sleek driver to look at.

What is the shaft length in your K15? 45 3/4 is getting up there in length...

That sure is a pretty driver Hanks. I think you're really going to like it buddy. I hit it this afternoon and to me, it's the perfect blend between the G15 and the K15. Great sound, awesome feel of the face, and confidence inspiring at address. I'm looking forward to following this one pal.

This club looks awesome. I really think it is one of the better looking drivers they have put out lately. It really looks like you can just get up there and crush the ball with it. I can't wait for the reviews to come out of this one.

I love this driver. Hope you enjoy it Hanks.

Looking forward to the homepage review :)

I'm becoming more and more of a :ping: ho!!

It's not a bad looking driver, but I can't wait to see how it performs for you. Looking forward to the review.

Hate the look of the bottom.

Best part?

Only have to look at it when taking off the head cover.
I have never liked the look of Ping clubs but I must admit I like the look of this one. Saw it in the shop yesterday and it looks much, much better than in pictures. I have never owned a Ping (or hit one for that matter) but they have done wonders for some of my high handicap friends.

Hanks, I am really really really interested in your thoughts on this since we hit the same driver head. Color on the crown looks like the same as the K15. I love my K15 and I've been hitting the best drives of my life with the thing. Curious if the G20 improves anything over the K15 for you.

Looking forward to your findings i hit the k15 well at the outing this year and the g15 was a good performer as well.

I like every part of this driver. Can't wait til you put it through the wringer and write your review.

Hanks, I am really really really interested in your thoughts on this since we hit the same driver head. Color on the crown looks like the same as the K15. I love my K15 and I've been hitting the best drives of my life with the thing. Curious if the G20 improves anything over the K15 for you.

Same here Griff. I think the G20 is designed to be lower spinning than the K15 so I'm hoping for a little more distance and maybe a little mire accuracy?

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

Not in the market for a new driver but gave this a swing anyway at my local Golfsmith. It's huge but swings easy. Super loud too -- each smack echoed through the entire store!

I kind of like how the Ping drivers BOOM when you hit them. It's loud but not in a Nike loud kind of way.

Not in the market for a new driver but gave this a swing anyway at my local Golfsmith. It's huge but swings easy. Super loud too -- each smack echoed through the entire store!

See I think the size is 'normal' after playing with the k15 for awhile. Even though they're the same size volume-wise, the G20 distributes and positions the mass differently.

Same here Griff. I think the G20 is designed to be lower spinning than the K15 so I'm hoping for a little more distance and maybe a little mire accuracy?

Accuracy has been really solid with my K15, the PX keeps things really tight. What I fight and I am consciously aware of it at address is the big hook that can creep in if I turn over too quick...if that makes any sense. K15 is built to be anti right and I can't wait to see what you come up with in the G20.

I hit this driver with the Tour shaft at a GolfSmith a week or so ago. I really liked it - set up nice, sounds great, got fantastic spin and ball speed numbers, etc. I hit the Tour shaft and found it held up to hard swings with no problem.

Back