TC's pics of the golf he plays makes me insanely jealous. I love golf in Florida too, especially Grand Cypress but the beauty and challenge of some of those courses TC posts up makes me want to move....if only everyone wasn't kissing their cousins down there. :devil:

I typically only put pics of the badass places up but next time I go to some of my local joints, I'll snap some pictures.

SW was up this way not long ago and I sent him to my regular stomping grounds. Ask him what he thought of it, hahaha.

High School golf is over 10/11. A week or so after would rock. Weather gets iffy after that. We need to get this done.

Kevin

It will happen.

TC's pics of the golf he plays makes me insanely jealous. I love golf in Florida too, especially Grand Cypress but the beauty and challenge of some of those courses TC posts up makes me want to move....if only everyone wasn't kissing their cousins down there. :devil:

Holy smokes mr4bird has made an appearance.

I love golf courses carved through the hills/mountains like that.

Kevin

He should bring his wife to visit family in Cheeseland around the time we play. We'd let him play golf with us, wouldn't we?

Kevin

My birthday is 10/20 and that is normally when it starts to get less fun to play. Of course, give me those conditions in March and I'll tell you I'm in paradise. Weird how that works. I have family in McHenry, IL, btw. Not far from the WI border.

Yeah I'm around...I've been off hanging with the wife and kids tonight, ya know, hitting the mall, WalMart, Target the typical action packed Friday night really.

I feel your pain 1000% dude, I'd love to move somewhere but my wife's entire family lives right here in Sioux Falls...hell her mom lives about 3 miles away and her sister is literally 1 mile from our driveway. I'm never getting her out of here.

He should bring his wife to visit family in Cheeseland around the time we play. We'd let him play golf with us, wouldn't we?

Kevin
Send me some details...I can't promise anything, but crazier things have happened.

Yeah I'm around...I've been off hanging with the wife and kids tonight, ya know, hitting the mall, WalMart, Target the typical action packed Friday night really.

I feel your pain 1000% dude, I'd love to move somewhere but my wife's entire family lives right here in Sioux Falls...hell her mom lives about 3 miles away and her sister is literally 1 mile from our driveway. I'm never getting her out of here.

That sucks dude. I have family here but they understand this place is terribad.

Send me some details...I can't promise anything, but crazier things have happened.

It's based on JRod's fitting at Olympia Fields. When he sets his date, we should nail a plan down quick. I'll have some H.S. tournaments to attend, but that's mostly during the week.

Kevin

It's based on JRod's fitting at Olympia Fields. When he sets his date, we should nail a plan down quick. I'll have some H.S. tournaments to attend, but that's mostly during the week.

Kevin
Alright, I'm definitely interested. Olympia Fields is in the Chicago area right? Keep me posted.

Alright, I'm definitely interested. Olympia Fields is in the Chicago area right? Keep me posted.

Just buy my irons and I will give you a date on Monday. See how easy that was.

I feel insanely lucky to live and play where I do. I have a Quite a few GREAT courses within an hour of me both in Tampa and Orlando. I can play many very good courses for 30-40 bucks. And have 10-15 courses within 20 minutes of me. I have a couple local courses that I consider to be GREAT layouts, that I can play for 15 bucks. I don't think there is anywhere in the US where you can play layouts on this level for that money. It's not in the best shape. But the fairways ard decent grass and the greens roll true. It was a great course when it opened, but the economy has worn on it, but still for 15 bucks I don't think it can be beat.

http://www.golfbridgewater.com/

We have The General in Galena, a couple in Des Moines, Blue Top Ridge, Fyre Lake (if it doesn't go belly up), Peoria has some nice courses. They are just a drive and driving sucks. I'm telling you that the course I'm playing on Sunday is fun. It's not hard as hell, but it has some good character and doesn't involve missing the trees so much. Some good risk/reward holes too.

My wife took a lesson from the Fyre Lake pro, I should say former pro as they just layed all the staff off. Course is being maintained but no idea when it will open for the public, was talking to him and he really talked up the course. They only sold 12 home sites and those are the only people who got to play it all summer, course is ready to go they just ran our of money to finish things. Pro says it is definitely the best course in the area.

Will you do the fitting on a weekend or weekday do you think?

Kevin

I will go up on a Fri but probably wait till monday to do the fitting. I have to be back in the QCA by Tues some time.

I will go up on a Fri but probably wait till monday to do the fitting. I have to be back in the QCA by Tues some time.

So we could maybe play Saturday and Sunday? I'll be going to Green Bay for a Packers game Sunday 10/2. Otherwise, weekends should work. I don't think any H.S. golf is played on the weekends except one Saturday tournament in September.

Kevin

I hear you man. There is a crappy 9 hole course 10 minutes from me and we used to pay 8 bucks($15 over 21 years old) for greens fees and just use a friends cart and go play as much as we want to. Well some new people came in, same crappy course but now its $35 for green fees PLUS $10 for cart. $45 bucks for a crappy 9 hole course. Its freaking ridiculous. Not to mention its $55 on the weekends. There is an 18 hole course 15 minutes from me thats $45 but still pricey considering the greens are terrible. I hate it, but nothing I can do about it. Perhaps I should get a weekend job there so I can play for free.

What course are you speaking of (9) (18)? I am at Willow Springs all the time as I marshall there but also play at Champions Circle.

What course are you speaking of (9) (18)? I am at Willow Springs all the time as I marshall there but also play at Champions Circle.

Bridgeport Country club is the 9 hole. 18 is Runaway bay Country Club. It's actually pretty nice the greens are just bad right now. Some weeds growing in them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stupid Jrod. If you leave I'm going to haunt you. I'll put termites in your basement!

Throw bed bugs in his moving van:messed:

JRod move to Raleigh. 1 hour away from Pinehurst:clapp::clapp:

Last year I thout the same thing, I want out of Ohio- require anywhere I can golf year round...

I love visiting Florida- but I don't think I could ever live there...

I think north or south Carolina offers thebest of both worlds...as far as I've looked- and Nikki just wants to be closer to the beach-

I have to take care of the important stuff first up here... So maybe next few years...definitely contemplating the same thing as jrod however

Back