Pure Grips now available in THP Store!

looking good Mcook, I would love to play these but me and tour velvet type grips dont get along. Maybe I can find one in store to try out, I have felt a couple grips that grip better than tour velvets but look like them so they might work

ddec's grips showed up today and now I'm really jealous of you pink grip GG.

Haha, thanks nerfny. I can't lie the pink ones are freaking awesome. I definitely want to look into getting different colors in the future if these sell well.

Dang - these look great installed!!

DSC_0078.jpg

They look great!!

I play in one of the more humid environments and have not had any slipping issues with them.

I am going to head to the place by my house that carries them so I can see what they feel like then. Thanks JB

Reshafted my wedges last tonight so tonight it was time to installed my new THP Pure Grips on them. I know I've said it before in this thread, but these things look and feel great.

I decided to take 2 videos of these. 1 installing them and the other showing how easy it is to remove these grips if you made a mistake or want to add some tape underneath to build them up.

Install

Remove

Here's a look at the final product
IMAG0649.jpg

Great little demo videos there DDec! I was amazed at how the easy process was with the PURE grips myself. No brainer if you like the grip and the THP logo is a big plus for me.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Nice demo DD... will be doing this come re-grip time for sure!!! They look great!!

JB showed me how this and it is so freaking fast and no mess. Thanks for posting that ddec. Will be very helpful for folks. The Pure system basically pays for itself.

Ordered mine and can't wait to put them on. I use 2 wraps and bought a compressor just for the Pure Grips.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

JB showed me how this and it is so freaking fast and no mess. Thanks for posting that ddec. Will be very helpful for folks. The Pure system basically pays for itself.

It's very easy. I think the trickiest part is just stretching the grip over the butt end of shaft just to get it started. You really notice the time difference when you end up re gripping a bunch of clubs. I have done a full iron set in less than 10 minutes. No tape to mess around with if you don't want to.

Wow thanks for the demo Ddec! That's awesome!

I wanted to just follow this up with a few thoughts as this morning was my first round with these. Tacky, tacky, tacky - the good kind!

I had only used them for a chipping session and when I had a 5 iron out on the second hole "tacky" was the first thing that came to mind. Coming from the standard Nike grips - these feel quite a bit better and are not too shabby in the looks department either.

My step-dad was looking at my bag on the course and when I showed him the grips, the first thing he also said was how tacky the grip felt - he really liked them. For reference, he has the TM Burner 2.0's with stock grip.

I love them - plain and simple. Thanks to THP for making this happen with PURE grips and giving me another way to rep THP on the course! :clapp:

I will say this: I will be installing these logo side up for the first time ever. I have always had the Golf Pride logo out of sight, but I want everybody to see the logo on these grips.

Last edited:
I will say this: I will be installing these logo side up for the first time ever. I have always had the Golf Pride logo out of site, but I want everybody to see the logo on these grips.

haha. Funny that you said that. I am doing the same.

I will say this: I will be installing these logo side up for the first time ever. I have always had the Golf Pride logo out of site, but I want everybody to see the logo on these grips.

Mine were definitely installed logo up - never a doubt in my mind about that! And yes, I notice the logo every time that I look down so far.

I have these on my wedges and played with them yesterday. While I have never been a big fan of the tour velvets, I found these to seem a bit softer for me. It's a toss up as to which PURE grip I prefer, but these worked well yesterday. As you saw in my video above, I have these installed with no tape underneath.

I have these on my wedges and played with them yesterday. While I have never been a big fan of the tour velvets, I found these to seem a bit softer for me. It's a toss up as to which PURE grip I prefer, but these worked well yesterday. As you saw in my video above, I have these installed with no tape underneath.

Im with you Ddec. They are a bit softer and definitely more tacky. I have them on all of my irons now and really like them.

Im with you Ddec. They are a bit softer and definitely more tacky. I have them on all of my irons now and really like them.

You guys are killing me. I don't need new grips at all, but I do think I need these.

My dad was playing an older driver of mine that had the Pure Soft grip on it(red one). He didn't really like it that much. I had him hit a shot with the wedge and he said he preferred the THP grip. I'm torn between those 2 styles. I'm pretty sure I could use either or and be perfectly happy. They are definitely tackier than the tour velvets. I bet they are perfect for FL golf.

My dad was playing an older driver of mine that had the Pure Soft grip on it(red one). He didn't really like it that much. I had him hit a shot with the wedge and he said he preferred the THP grip. I'm torn between those 2 styles. I'm pretty sure I could use either or and be perfectly happy. They are definitely tackier than the tour velvets. I bet they are perfect for FL golf.

I played the Reds for a couple of years and liked them a lot. These I think I like even more.

I had these on my irons, but ended up liking them so much that I did my wedges, hybrid and this new driver setup I am testing. Nice and tacky even in the FL heat without getting any slimy at all.

I had these on my irons, but ended up liking them so much that I did my wedges, hybrid and this new driver setup I am testing. Nice and tacky even in the FL heat without getting any slimy at all.

Sweet. Just got mine and I'm going to regrip them next weekend. Looking forward to trying them out.

Does anyone know how many PSI it takes on an air compressor to install these? Mine goes to about 30, so I want to know if I can get them on if I buy the gun. Thanks.

Does anyone know how many PSI it takes on an air compressor to install these? Mine goes to about 30, so I want to know if I can get them on if I buy the gun. Thanks.

Check with Wes @ PURE grips. From my experience I think you would struggle with just 30 PSI.

Tappin' from my iPad!

I used a very small air compressor today with no issues. Of course if for some reason it does not work, they can be put on the traditional way as well.

Thanks guys. Cookie how do I contact Wes? I called and none of the extensions were to Wes. I also emailed them with no response. Thanks.

Back