Pure Shot Forum Testing Review Thread

Ninja great video, 3 out of 4 ain't bad. I like the way you think and the questions you posted.
Is the shaft whippy? You also compared the club to a twig as it was related to your driver. How so?

Kongfrontation

I didn't measure but the club seems awfully short in hand. The whole club feels like it weighs maybe 1/3rd of what my RAZR weighs. Granted I have a pretty substantial swing speed but the shaft just feels like a noodle. It would be so hard to translate hitting this thing properly to my actual driver I use to play.

This is the biggest drawback I believe.

I didn't measure but the club seems awfully short in hand. The whole club feels like it weighs maybe 1/3rd of what my RAZR weighs. Granted I have a pretty substantial swing speed but the shaft just feels like a noodle. It would be so hard to translate hitting this thing properly to my actual driver I use to play.

This is the biggest drawback I believe.

I can see that, it sounds like it's a timing aid as well. Sounds like you'll be grooving a nice smooth swing. Have fun with it! Nice start....

Kongfrontation

Ninja great video, 3 out of 4 ain't bad. I like the way you think and the questions you posted.
Is the shaft whippy? You also compared the club to a twig as it was related to your driver. How so?

Kongfrontation

On the videos, just by the sound I can hear it whip through like a stick. Knowing JRod from the short time at the MC I think this might not help at all. He knows what his misses looks like and this because it is not setup for his swing could mess up his rhythm. I think this works best for those that are just getting into the game and those that need to know what the difference is between a "pured" shot and a missed by a hair shot.

Like A Quiros said nothing like a roll of $5 impact tape can tell you as well.

Nice start so far guys. Loved the video JRod, looked ike you might not need this thing, lol.

On the videos, just by the sound I can hear it whip through like a stick. Knowing JRod from the short time at the MC I think this might not help at all. He knows what his misses looks like and this because it is not setup for his swing could mess up his rhythm. I think this works best for those that are just getting into the game and those that need to know what the difference is between a "pured" shot and a missed by a hair shot.

Like A Quiros said nothing like a roll of $5 impact tape can tell you as well.

This is exactly my concern bro. Practicing with something completely different could throw off my feeling and comfort zone. My miss is high on the face. This sends the ball high and slightly to the right. I don't need something that sends the ball 80 yards high and 100 yards down range to tell me this. It really concerns me practicing with something this foreign to what I actually game.

Ok so after hitting this thing and thinking about it I wanna talk outloud and ask some questions and maybe someone can answer them. Some of them are rhetorical.

1. This isn't MY driver. I'm kind of confused how learning to hit this thing well can translate to my gamer. The shaft weight,flex profile, and just about everything else is different from what I game. This thing feels like I am swinging a twig compared to my gamer.

2. What advantage does this give you over a roll of 5$ impact tape? It's nice to "see" your miss but how valuable is it?

3. What does this actually fix? It may tell you you are missing the sweet spot but what exactly does it do to help you hit it?

4. I see how this could be extremely disheartening to someone who thinks they strike the ball well consistantly. Perhaps this is also a pro and can make people realize they need to work on this aspect of their game. With todays drivers and the massive forgiveness they have it's not always so easy to tell if you are missing the sweet spot.

5. The yellow head is obnoxious.

Pros:

1. The item seems to be well made. It's a titanium head and comes equipped with a nice grip. The shaft feels extremely light to me but I prefer a very heavy shaft, more so than most people.

2. Seeing your ball flight and immediately knowing where you missed is extremely nice and alot more time conservative than using tape, however we are back to that question, is it worth it?

The real thing that concerns me is when I buy a training aid I expect it to help me fix something, not exaggerate it. Perhaps I am not completely aware of the fine things of how this works. I realize it has an exagerated alignment line to promote an in to out swing path but is that enough?

More to come.

Nice videos Jrod. I am with you on some of your questions and especially #3. I do not fully understandthe concept of this training aid. If I have a tendency of comming over the top with myswing then how does this club help fix that? At this point I do not see this as a valuable training aid but I hope with t he testing I learn a bit more and it makes sense to me.

This is exactly my concern bro. Practicing with something completely different could throw off my feeling and comfort zone. My miss is high on the face. This sends the ball high and slightly to the right. I don't need something that sends the ball 80 yards high and 100 yards down range to tell me this. It really concerns me practicing with something this foreign to what I actually game.

That would be my fear as well. Plus as a guy who slices fairly often, how likely is it to miss-hit one sideways and into someone? I have to say this thing kinda scares me.

Great stuff so far guys. My interest is piqued.

That would be my fear as well. Plus as a guy who slices fairly often, how likely is it to miss-hit one sideways and into someone? I have to say this thing kinda scares me.

Great stuff so far guys. My interest is piqued.

This seems to be a pretty general concern. Next time the range is empty I will start spraying it on purpose and see how far off target I can get one to go.

Nice videos Jrod. I am with you on some of your questions and especially #3. I do not fully understandthe concept of this training aid. If I have a tendency of comming over the top with myswing then how does this club help fix that? At this point I do not see this as a valuable training aid but I hope with t he testing I learn a bit more and it makes sense to me.

This bothers me as well. I want something that helps me fix my problems, not make them worse. I could see a beginner getting very frustrated with this thing.

Great videos and initial write up JRod. The questions you came up with are very intriguing to me and I can't wait to keep reading your reviews as you figure out the answers to those questions. I don't really like that the yellow "pacman" look either.

Ok so after hitting this thing and thinking about it I wanna talk outloud and ask some questions and maybe someone can answer them. Some of them are rhetorical.

1. This isn't MY driver. I'm kind of confused how learning to hit this thing well can translate to my gamer. The shaft weight,flex profile, and just about everything else is different from what I game. This thing feels like I am swinging a twig compared to my gamer.

2. What advantage does this give you over a roll of 5$ impact tape? It's nice to "see" your miss but how valuable is it?

3. What does this actually fix? It may tell you you are missing the sweet spot but what exactly does it do to help you hit it?

4. I see how this could be extremely disheartening to someone who thinks they strike the ball well consistantly. Perhaps this is also a pro and can make people realize they need to work on this aspect of their game. With todays drivers and the massive forgiveness they have it's not always so easy to tell if you are missing the sweet spot.

All very VALID QUESTIONS/CONCERNS. I look forward to your continued thoughts.

What happens to your real driver performance before and after the use of this club?

Very Interesting thoughts out here. I want to test this puppy. Im looking 4ward to some more. Keep it coming

I am in that group of people who tends to come over the top occassionaly and like has been said before, will this help me or just tell me what I already know? Its hard to fix something on your own even when you know what your doing wrong

Great job on the videos Jrod! The questions you posed are pretty much the same ones I threw out the first day JB revealed it...I just don't get how practicing with something SOOOO different that what you really use is going to help...BUT let's pretend that you find out your miss is towards the toe because the ball always shoots to the right....there are no tips on how to fix a toe hit? or a Heel hit? or topped shots are anything...so you know you sometimes hit it on the toe....Hell I already knew that...I can feel it when I hit it.

I look forward to your thoughts and everyone else's as well....But right now, I just don't get it.

Hey great videos there JRod! I'm wondering if the "right" way to use this is to alternate this club and your regular driver every few shots?

I personally don't think it would be useful to me though, like others mentioned the biggest problem I have is with the swing path and not necessarily missing the sweetspot. And I really think I would hit into someone with this thing.

Great videos JRod, I was thinking the same thing about how this would transfer over into my own driver, and I haven't even received my PureShot yet. Should be coming today I assume, which is good because I'm heading to the course right after work so I will be able to give it some swings. Just like you pointed out, since you like the heavier shafts it may feel A LOT different. I use the stock TMaG shaft on my R11 so I can give a comparison to weight as well for those that don'y use heavier shafts.

What happens to your real driver performance before and after the use of this club?

I can't answer this honestly as I've only hit about 15 balls with it. But I am driving the ball damn near flawlessly at the moment and if that begins to deteriorate I won't hesistate to discontinue use.

I came home from a long road trip yesterday to find a lovely box sitting on my front step. I couldn't find the camera as it was 11 at night, so I'll get some pictures today. My first thoughts are that it looks very interesting and intimidating at the same time. I think I'm more nervous to try it than to hit any other golf shot. I'm afraid I'm just going to spray it all over the place. The one thing that I can't wait to see how it goes is the markings on the crown of the club, it almost feels like it's trying to guide you into the ball. Also the shaft seems a little less stiff than my normal driver so I'll be curious to see how that translates across my real driver. Overall it seems very well built and the headcover is a nice touch. I can't wait to get it to the range, I think I'll head out early so I don't hit anyone else!

I came home from a long road trip yesterday to find a lovely box sitting on my front step. I couldn't find the camera as it was 11 at night, so I'll get some pictures today. My first thoughts are that it looks very interesting and intimidating at the same time. I think I'm more nervous to try it than to hit any other golf shot. I'm afraid I'm just going to spray it all over the place. The one thing that I can't wait to see how it goes is the markings on the crown of the club, it almost feels like it's trying to guide you into the ball. Also the shaft seems a little less stiff than my normal driver so I'll be curious to see how that translates across my real driver. Overall it seems very well built and the headcover is a nice touch. I can't wait to get it to the range, I think I'll head out early so I don't hit anyone else!

What kind of driver do you hit currently? Shaft flex?

Wow JRod, every question you posted was exactly what I was thinking. I can't wait to see the results of your testing to see how these questions are answered.

I can't answer this honestly as I've only hit about 15 balls with it. But I am driving the ball damn near flawlessly at the moment and if that begins to deteriorate I won't hesistate to discontinue use.

Were you driving the ball that good before you started using the pure shot

tapatalk addict....

Interesting thoughts and questions posed thus far. Jrod - good video and I must admit that the sound at impact surprised me. All I really heard was the swing of the club through the air with no discernible audio at impact. Like others have said....not sure what to think you but I do look forward to reading more.

What kind of driver do you hit currently? Shaft flex?
I currently play a Taylormade R9 in Stiff flex. But the first practice swings with this thing once I got it out of the box felt a little whippy.

Back