Rory Sabbatini switches driver and 3 wood

crazydog

Reaction score
Handicap
I heard Rory Sabbatini switched to a R7 superquad driver with Atl and a R9 3 wood with oban devotion.

And is +4 for the tourny. Maybe he should not have switched.

I think Rory has played to many weeks. I bet it is hard to stay together mentally after so many weeks of pressure.

Yeah, that is the problem. Or could it be the fact that the guy changes clubs every single week and runs his mouth. He has never been heard of since he ran off about Tiger.

I think he has kept his mouth in check, the changing of the clubs is definitely a problem. There is probably a update for him every week on the Darrell Survey

There is an update for every player on the Darrell Survey. It could also be the fact that he is not as good as the rest of the field.

Sabbatini is a talented player. People do not like saying it because of his personality. I think if he had a cooler head and had his mouth stapled shut, he would win alot more tournaments.

You have to be good to play on the tour. Rory isn't very likeable because he pops his gums too much. Anytime a player speaks against Tiger they lose a lot of the public. After a while I think people forget but Rory has got to do some damage control IMHO.

Sure he is a good player. He is on the tour. But you are not exactly (crazydog) an unbiased source for all things Rory based on your infatuation with him. Thats cool though. If you think its his mouth or playing too much that keeps him from winning, that is your choice. My personal opinion is that he does not have the game to be a top tier player on the tour.

Not a big Sabbatini fan after that stunt at Tiger's tourney where he left without telling anybody, or where the courtesy car was.

As for talent, definitely not a top-tier, weekly threat to win, IMHO.

Yeah, that is the problem. Or could it be the fact that the guy changes clubs every single week and runs his mouth. He has never been heard of since he ran off about Tiger.

i remember that, but cant remember exactly what he said. did he say he was better than Tiger or something?

He made a comment that Tiger looked more "beatable than ever". And got destroyed on and off the course for it.

oh yeah! now i remember. and then something about him cashing a check from an invitational that he withdrew from?

oh yeah! now i remember. and then something about him cashing a check from an invitational that he withdrew from?

Yes, he WD from The Target World Challenge which is Tigers' tourney(Rory qualified from his World Ranking) and cashed a $170,000 check.

I think Rory has played to many weeks. I bet it is hard to stay together mentally after so many weeks of pressure.

I agree with that. It's mentally stressing to play golf. And to have to do it for a living? I don't know how they are able to complete a tournament a month without breaking down, let alone do it several weeks in a row. :confused2:

Ah for cripes sake, enough about this hoser.

He lives here in town, and he's not news here. What's that tell ya?

Maybe he tries to keep a low profile:confused2: I love seeing all the haters come out in threads like this. Funny how threads about equipment turn into personality bashings. I am glad to throw out a piece a meat for you guys to fight over.:clapp::angry: Just teasing you guys!!!!

Haters? I dont think anybody cares enough about him to love or hate the guy.

Haters? I dont think anybody cares enough about him to love or hate the guy.

I agree being irrelevant is worse than being hated. At least when your hated people pay attention to you.

Not a big Sabbatini fan after that stunt at Tiger's tourney where he left without telling anybody, or where the courtesy car was.

As for talent, definitely not a top-tier, weekly threat to win, IMHO.

Damn straight.

It could also be the fact that he is not as good as the rest of the field.

What?? Is that actually possible that Sabbatini isn't tjhe bestest ever?

Ah for cripes sake, enough about this hoser.

He lives here in town, and he's not news here. What's that tell ya?

Tells me Crazydog needs to move & live near his idol.

Did Rory switch his driver and 3 wood. The last I heard he had the R9 with ust axivcore and Burner tour launch with fujikura ATL. He was using a Burner Driver with motore and R9 13 with oban. Some one I know works in the van and said he was switching to a R7 superquad with ATL and a R9 3 wood with a undisclosed shaft. Tease me if you want, I do idolize Sabo, but we all have our own idols in a way.:comp:

Crazy,
We are very close to the TM tour van and I am curious who you know that works in it? We have video'd them and speak to them weekly.

EDIT: The reason I ask is that with your questions we have been calling them to confirm the Darrell Survey and they always say "Nobody ever asks about Sabaweenie other than you".

He does not work in the Taylor Made Van, he works in a private van I believe out of Las Vegas. I am glad I might be one of couple Rory fans, maybe even the only one. I rather do something unheard of then follow the trend.

EDIT: The reason I ask is that with your questions we have been calling them to confirm the Darrell Survey and they always say "Nobody ever asks about Sabaweenie other than you".

Really?

He does not work in the Taylor Made Van, he works in a private van I believe out of Las Vegas. I am glad I might be one of couple Rory fans, maybe even the only one. I rather do something unheard of then follow the trend.

I have no idea what that is. I have never seen anything other than company vans at events. I am not even sure non-manufacturer vans are allowed. When you go to the area, each company is represented and they are all lined up next to each other.

Dead serious AJ.

Back