SeeMore Putters MSeries Review - Forum Testing Review

Nice update Buck, I really enjoyed reading that. I'm glad to hear you are having some good success, 28 putts is awesome. Nothing wrong with a little swing fluid, glad you turned your round around.

Russell Knox has a SeeMore at the Greenbrier!

Noticed DA Points with one too, I reckon. Good to see!

Re stubbing the putter - strange that should come up. I was playing 9 holes last night and decided about halfway round to try a more upright stance....and started stubbing most of my practice strokes.

28 putts is something I can only dream of right now.

28 is an easy target when you putt like me. Only takes me about 15 or 16 holes!

Noticed DA Points with one too, I reckon. Good to see!

Re stubbing the putter - strange that should come up. I was playing 9 holes last night and decided about halfway round to try a more upright stance....and started stubbing most of my practice strokes.

Hey Paulo!

More times than not, stubbing the putter comes from forcing the putter way to much to the inside on the back stroke. Think back and wide on your back stroke.. The putter will still arc naturally.

Hope this helps!

I have an m2 SS and love it. I've always preferred SS putters and own 4 Scotty Camerons....but they are all in the closet right now. I'm probably a lot like most out there that have multiple putters and rotate them as my putting fails to produce.

But I've been on a roll with my m2 over the last year and a half and wouldn't trade it for any two Scotties! Well...maybe...

Anyone else out there own an m2. I haven't seen a single post in this thread that discusses the m2?

Nice update buck. I look forward to my putter arriving so I can get to work in here too.

I'll have my PAR round up in a write-up tomorrow! Only to quickly be usurped by Buck's 3-UNDER round!!!

Great day for the mFGP2's gents. Great day.

Well as i have written with the RST Technology and after going over a few things with my SPi Instructor Andy i have decided to change my putting routine to help me with my putting. I spent most of the day yesterday working on my grip and stance and posture to make sure i was getting into good position and working on a new routine that i felt comfortable with.... my old routine was very quick and deliberate. i don't like sitting around and doing 100 things before i putt. i usually just get behind my ball find my line, pick a spot on the green about a foot in front of my ball on my line abd then get up to my ball, line up my putter to that spot and try to roll the ball over that spot. i don't even mark my ball half the time unless it needs to be cleaned. But after talking with Andy he suggested a few things that i took into consideration and i changed in my routine. My routine is now gonna be longer than before but i feel like the couple of things i changed will help me with places that i struggle with my putting. Now before i get into my new routine i wanted to talk a little bit about how i currently practice and play... i learned a long time ago with my job you should train like its the real thing cause when you need to do things under pressure you will be better served to do it better under stress and stuff if you practiced or trained like it will be out on the street. I have really tried to do that with my training and practice in golf especially more lately than ever before. I personally and this isn't saying anyone else is doing it wrong or anything you should do whatever works for you, but i go through my routine for every putt i take on the practice green, warm up before a round and on the course that i am trying to make fall into the cup... the only difference is when i am trying to get a feel for the speed but ill get back to that later when i talk about my pre round warm up. I do everything im about to go over so that when i am feeling pressure on a 6' or 8' putt i need to make to win a skin or to score a best round. i feel like i have a better chance to make it. i have never done well with just pulling ball after ball over and striking the same putt a bunch of times. it just doesn't work for me. again this is just me personally. I also only bring 2 balls on the practice green with me for any practice session and for pre round warm ups. i used to use 2 and move to a different spot but now i am really only using 1. Andy also advised me that i should only take 1 ball and move around so im gonna try to only use 1 ball unless i am trying to show something on video for the review. I also really feel like this is practicing more like what i would be facing in real rounds and im not gonna have 50 putts from the same spot in my round and it should also help me learn to read greens better. I have been practicing like this for a little bit now about 6 months to a year i'd say and it has helped me a lot. I plan on doing it religiously now especially with my routine changes to do my routine more until it becomes normal for me and i can do it without thinking. I know this takes a lot longer or i may not be able to hit as many shots but i've realized i get more from my range and short game time when i take my time and go through my routines than trying to hit a ton of balls. which i did for a really long time before starting to take my golf lessons. As for practice i play a lot of games with myself to keep it fun honestly putting practice isn't as much fun for most people as hitting the range so i mix that up a lot and in my reviews ill go over what games i played with myself that day and all that stuff...

My pre game warm ups have just very recently changed for me after reading Bob Rotellas book Putting out of your mind... i now will NOT use a cup to try to figure out the speed of the greens i will putt from the center of the green to the fringe and try to stop the ball right against where the fringe starts. and i only take a few putts over 5' or 6' maybe 3 or 4. i spend most of the time at 2 or 3 feet and try to make 10 in a row from how ever close i need to get to just to see the ball falling into the hole and build my mental confidence. this i feel has helped me a lot. now im not watching putt after putt miss from far away trying to get a feel for speed or just trying to make putts the pros don't make most of the time and getting discouraged i now see putts dropping one after another. Even if its from a foot or two who cares you're still making putts. Andy also said this was a good way to warm up. so thats still gonna be my pre round warm up so at least one thing isn't changing.

Ok finally for the set up and routine. Anything new i will put in BOLD RED type
Once i get up to my ball and mark it i look for my line behind the ball if need to i can quickly walk up to the hole and see if theres any break within the last 1/3 of the putt for longer putts. The ball will be rolling the slowest during the last 1/3 of the putt so if theres any break there it will break more due to the ball rolling slower. but usually i can get a pretty good read from behind it unless its a longer putt where i might walk the putt quick. Ive never been the guy who looks at a putt from 100 different angles. After i find my line i will use the alignment aid on my ball to line that up with my intended line that i want the putt to start on. I have never really used the alignment aid on a ball before just used a spot on the green. i then will walk behind my ball again to check that my alignment line on my ball is correct from behind the ball so i can see both lines are matched up. i then will go to the side of the ball like i was gonna take my putt and look at the hole to see how far away it is. I then will take 2 practice strokes... i can't remember the last time i had taken practice strokes before i made a putt but Andy said this might help with my distance control and i should try it out to see if it helps or not. i honestly think it has always taken up time that has me losing the thought of where my line is but with me using the alignment line on my ball now its not as big of a deal and may help me if i trust that line is correct when i get over the ball. i then set my putter down behind the ball and make sure the RST is correct (hiding the red dot) and my alignment line on my ball and the sightlines on my putter are lined up. i adjust my feet and get into the proper stance. i look at the hole one more time or where i want the putt to go.... if its up hill i'll look behind the hole cause i need to hit it a little harder or short of the hole for a down hill putt. i then concentrate on a spot one inch in front of the ball on my line and just roll the ball over that spot and try to keep my head down till the ball is halfway to the hole.

So thats pretty much it... it doesn't seem like a lot but honestly between those few changes and adding time to my routine and my stance and grip changes theres a lot more thoughts in my head when im putting than id like. I'm sure with all the repetitions im making by going through my routine it will become second nature before i know it... i just have always putt much better when i see the line and get up and hit it asap. i usually didn't even start looking for my line till it was my turn to putt or right before my turn. because i hate standing there and waiting it just throws me off. prob because i like to play fast. So well see how Andys changes and the new grip and stance work out. one other thing on my stance that is a little different that you might see in my videos is that my left foot is about 1-2 inches behind where my right foot is when im putting. i just feel like i can see the hole better this way when im standing over the ball and helps me make a smoother stroke. I made a quick video yesterday to show my new routine its right below..... anyway im off to finally get this putter on a real green and play some chip and putt and maybe to play some holes or practice more on the green.

Dude! Awesome post! I've read this twice already. I'm going to start doing most of the things you listed.

That was some great information Buckjob about your old & new routine. Several things really struck a chord with me about 1 ball and using that same routine in practice that you would in a round. Thanks for sharing such detailed thoughts!

No problem guys. Glad its been working out so well. I've had a pretty long day and I also will have my career low round posted tomorrow night after I get home from work. I don't wanna rush it so I'll bang it out tomorrow on my down time at work. Pretty amazing stuff today with my SeeMore.

I'll have my PAR round up in a write-up tomorrow! Only to quickly be usurped by Buck's 3-UNDER round!!!

Great day for the mFGP2's gents. Great day.
Great rounds by both of you guys. Must be the mFGP's...

Wow! Jman and Buck are on fyaah! I really like the new routine Buck, it makes sense also, practicing with one ball from different spots.

Nice update buck. I look forward to my putter arriving so I can get to work in here too.

Me too Kmac! I'm looking forward to see what the 'vanilla' mFGP can do.

Wow! Jman and Buck are on fyaah! I really like the new routine Buck, it makes sense also, practicing with one ball from different spots.

Me too Kmac! I'm looking forward to see what the 'vanilla' mFGP can do.

You're gonna love it dude! I have 2 of them along with 3 other SeeMore's. Based on this thread I am now in search of a mFGP2.

Pity the fool who Tapalks

Just finished my round with the SeeMore m5, shot even par 72. New midsize grip worked well, speed/distance control was spot on. Full review coming.

Just finished my round with the SeeMore m5, shot even par 72. New midsize grip worked well, speed/distance control was spot on. Full review coming.
Well thas a great start right there Tad, looking forward to your full write up.

Freaking awesome Freddie!!! Can't wait to read the write up. I'm starting mine now will post it when I get home tonight.

Good shooting, Tad. I had a 79 today, but only had 28 putts with the mFGP2. I think the putter is making a difference for me, but the big help has been the SeeMore methods. So far I have only had 2 rounds with the mFGP2 and they have been 24 (PB) and today's 28 (good for me) putts.

Enough can't be said for the difference the RST makes. For me it's the foundation of my putting; stance, posture, line, and stroke. I have a confidence in my putting I've never came close to feeling and it's fantastic.

As always, each new review post will include links to my previous one's in the "Reference Link" section, as it gets to be more and more crowded with additional review/thought posts those links will obviously go into spoiler tags.

REFERENCE LINKS:

• Initial Thoughts/Process: CLICK HERE
  • Pre SPi Putting Breakdown: CLICK HERE
  • SeeMore mSeries Fitting PART 1: CLICK HERE
  • SeeMore mSeries Fitting PART 2: CLICK HERE
  • Stance Evolution and Medicine Ball Aid: CLICK HERE
  • Round 1, 2, and 3 General Rundown: CLICK HERE
  • Round 4 Rundown and mFGP2 Thoughts: CLICK HERE

ROUND/PUTTING GREEN RUNDOWN
:

Date: 7/6/12
Played: 27 Holes
Weather: 101* and 5-10 MPH Winds

Round(s) Rundown:
7_6_12cimarron9.jpg

Total Putts: 17
GIR's: 7/9

7_6_12cimarron18.jpg

Total Putts: 34
GIR's: 15/18

I will only be documenting the putts for the complete 18, I did not record any locations or putts in my notes for my "warm up" nine.

Spoiler
Hole 1:
  • 5 inch par putt after chip
    • Made
Hole 2:
  • 27 foot downhill and slight right breaking birdie putt
    • Miss - good lag, did not play enough break at all...or apparently any at all
  • 2 foot straight par putt
    • Made
Hole 3:
  • 22 foot uphill right to left EAGLE putt
    • Miss - Great line actually, I just didn't get it up the hill AT ALL
  • 5 foot straight in birdie putt
    • Made
Hole 4:
  • 13 foot downhill right breaking birdie putt
    • Miss - Played 2 balls outside left of the cup and had perfect pace burning the edge
  • 8 in par putt
    • Made
Hole 5:
  • 18 foot right to left downhill sliding birdie putt
    • Made - This was hitting the cup or going 5 feet bast the hole, perfect line, dang it felt good too
Hole 6:
  • 6 foot slightly left breaking par putt after chip
    • Miss - This one stung, literally lipped out off the right edge, I gave the break too much credit
  • 5" bogey putt
    • Made
Hole 7:
  • 11 foot birdie putt, no real break
    • Miss - Just a total miss-putt, I caught it out on the toe somehow and of course it was well short
  • 2 foot par putt
    • Made
Hole 8:
  • 19 foot birdie putt with a double break
    • Miss - Played too much break right, PERFECT lag distance though
  • 3 foot par putt
    • Made
Hole 9:
  • 21 foot birdie putt with uphill and downhill left break
    • Miss - BURNT the edge! Best putt of the day distance and line wise
  • 1 inch par putt
    • Made
Hole 10:
  • 28 foot birdie putt slight right break and uphill
    • Miss - True lag putt here to get within 3 feet though as I was unsure about the break
  • 3 foot par putt
    • Made
Hole 11:
  • 3 foot birdie putt after chip
    • Made
Hole 12:
  • 9 foot birdie putt with left to right break
    • Missed about a cup right and long of the hole
  • 3 foot par putt
    • Made
Hole 13:
  • 12 foot par putt pretty much straight
    • Miss - Just didn't get it to the hole
  • 2 foot par putt
    • Made
Hole 14:
  • 14 foot birdie putt with a right to left break
    • Miss - Actually on line decently well but long and a cup outside the left edge
  • 3 foot parputt
    • Made
Hole 15:
  • 10 foot par putt straight at the hole
    • Miss - Jammed the snot out of the putter head to start the stroke, embarrassing really
  • 3 foot bogey putt
    • Made
Hole 16:
  • 29 foot birdie putt double breaker
    • Miss - Toed the putt again, pretty sure I was so worried about stubbing it this was the result
  • 9 foot par putt breaking right
    • Miss - Gave it a great run about 1/2 cup right of the hole though with a MUCH better stroke
  • 6 inch bogey putt
    • Made
Hole 17:
  • 27 foot birdie butt moving right to left
    • Miss - Missed it on the high side and past the hole, not a bad miss from that distance
  • 1 foot par putt
    • Made
Hole 18:
  • 12 foot birdie putt that was pretty straight forward
    • Miss - Gave it a scare, just a hair short
  • 8 inch par putt
    • Made

PERFORMANCE THOUGHTS:

First off, the full 18 was my best round EVER!!

I played an initial 9 to warm up as the range was closed and then just went right back to the first tee to play 18 and it was 27 holes of the best golf of my life.

• 27 Holes:
    • 17/34 putts hitting 7/9 and 15/18 GIR's

But I had more putts on the full round than your last two, that isn't an improvement! Wrong. I will take 34 putts all day long and twice on Sunday when they come because of having 15 birdie (or better) attempts on the round. The funny thing about putting is its easy for alot of people to have a low putt number if they aren't hitting alot of greens. With my "old ways" I could have a round of 26, 27, 28 putts and be pumped but I'd only hit maybe 7 GIR's on the day. More GIR's equal more putts, they just do.

Now, does that mean I'm satisfied about my day with the mFGP2 and the SPi method? Heck no. Reflecting on it there are still some glaring issues for me:
  • Two three-jacks in 27 holes.
    • Better, but 3-putts can kill a round. I look at the one in my 18 and realize that meant me BREAKING par.
  • Stubbing the putter.
    • Only happened a couple times on the round today, better, but I have to work harder at it.
  • Toe putts.
    • I don't know where these came from, but I knew where I caught them the moment the putter face met the ball.

I'm a finicky OCD teacher (just look at my formatting in my write ups lol) and will always dwell on the needed areas of improvement more, but there really are some good things I'm starting to see:
  • Stance and posture.
    • Practice at home and repetitions are paying dividends here, and surprisingly quick for me. I'm not having to continually close my stance and am addressing the putt with the proper upright posture. Plus, it doesn't feel uncomfortable (Maybe still a tad but NOTHING like at first).
  • Line and trusting it.
    • Because my stance and posture combined with the RST take so many of the variables out of the equation (like my old open stance and cutting across the putt) the ball actually is tracking on the line I'm picking now. It may not be the right line every time, but it is improved.
  • Distance control.
    • I've struggled so far trusting the rock of my shoulders for distance and keep the hands and arms out of it. This round was MUCH better, I had some BIG lags and even dropped a bomb on one. Any improvement no matter how small is still improvement and practice with my medicine ball is really helping.

It was a good day on the course to say the least. As my distance control improves and acclimates I really think its only going to get better as well.

THE mFGP2:

So, I know some are likely thinking with this testing, "What about the actual putters?" and might be taken aback by how much has actually been about the SPi method instead. The obvious answer is the one that I really do believe in, for me to fully appreciate the putter and to talk about it completely the method is a HUGE part of that. Would I have seen putting improvements with the mFGP2 in my old stance and technique? Probably from the RST but I don't believe I would have gotten as much out of it. The SPi method and the SeeMore putter to me really do go hand in hand.

However, that is my personal opinion on it and I'm sure many out there believe in their technique and just want to hear more about the putter, so, I'll indulge everyone a bit.

• Looks
    • I still love the finish today as much as the first day I held it in hand, the PVD on the mFGP2 is astounding in look while at the same time I have had ZERO glare issues on the course in the sunny Oklahoma days.
    • The overall shape of the mFGP2 is still my favorite putter headshape ever. I love the way that it naturally squares to the ball while at the same time not having the harsh lines that you can see on alot of square style shapes out there. It all just flows.

• Alignment
    • RST works, we know this. It absolutely takes things out of the equation and streamlines.
    • The alignment lines on the putter are perfect. Yesterdays round simply reaffirmed it for me that the single topline combined with the dual flange sitelines make this a cinch to line up, it all comes down to whether or not you trust the line you picked and not the instrument in your hand.

• "Feel"
    • I HATE talking about feel in putters, I do. To me feel is nothing more than vibrational feedback to the hands as well as the sound your ears get from the ball contacting the putter face. So, that's where my focus will be with feel.
    • The feedback to the hands so far for me has been very good. With the mFGP2 I know for a fact I can feel where on the face I make contact with the ball. I know when I toe it or heel it because of the vibrations I get back in my hands. I also know when I hit the sweetspot because it feels like NOTHING to my hands, I love that.
    • The sound is key for me. Its why I flow towards milled putters rather than inserts, the more sharp the "click" the more I like it. The mFGP2 it is not as crisp of an audible note as I would like, but more than enough for me to get what I want out of it. It is very good, just not the best I've heard.

All in all, the mFGP2 is just a super nice all around flatstick IMO. I have gotten several comments on it already because it is so unique and the fact is there is NO other mid-mallet putter out there like this one. I look forward to reflecting over this more and more down the road.

PARTING THOUGHTS:

In all honesty, just seeing improvements overall and taking note of how things are truly starting to become a natural habit for me is all a pretty big deal. Obviously there is still a long way to go and I'm in no way saying that anything is the best thing ever, but I will openly say that I am becoming a better putter. When some of us see improvements we automatically anoint it the best and that we will never change, its easy to do and golfer nature. I just shot the best round of my life and the mFGP2 and SPi method absolutely had a TON to do with it. However, I fully understand this is a game that comes in ebb's and flows. There will be more good days ahead and there will be some disheartening ones too. I know the mFGP2 is a good one and I know the SPi method has made me better, but I want to take it all the way before I personally declare anything one way or the other. I just want to do my due diligence.

July 7, 2012
Northshore Golf Club
95* (Hot and Humid)
SeeMore m5 testing

The m5 was the topic of conversation on the putting green prioir to the round. The fellas were marveling at the craftmanship and the lines. A few gave it a go and really liked the feel. They all asked about the riflr scope and what it was there for or how do you use it. I explained the idea behind the design and that it needed to hidden behind the shaft once you had your line. I explained that once the RST was hidden all they need to do was pull the trigger. The greens were rolling today so lets just say they weren't used to the smooth rolls and speed of the putts. But they all came away marveling at how good the putts felt coming off the face of the putter. I even had one of the guys ask me where he could try one out. I referred him to SeeMore Putters to find a dealer near him.

Once I was able to pry the putter away from my buddy, I was able to get a good feel for the greens myself. I stuck with my new posture (upright) and made sure my eyes were positioned over the heal of the putter as Brady had recommended to me the other day. Ummm, he knows that which he talks about. Once i found my lines I was able to setup and just stroke the ball toward the hole. If I didn't make it the ball would finish a foot to 18" behind the hole. This is something I try to do on all my putts, because 100% of short putts go in the hole.

I hit 13 of 18 greens today with 31 total putts. It should have been 30 but I rushed a 3' footer on the 8th hole and it resulted in my only 3 jack of the day. For the most part I was putting from just outside 20' on the majority of the greens I hit. My distance and speed was spot on today. All of my second putts were tap ins at best. I am still getting used to the speed that putter puts on the ball. It's such a true roll with very little bumping as it rolls to the hole.

I tried to use the aim line on the ball for the first couple of the holes but found that I was being to mechanical so I stopped after a couple of holes and just used the sight lines on the putter to make sure I was on target. I would have made more putts had my reads been a little sharper but how many can you expect to make from outside 20'. I did have three putts inside 10' that were legit birdies that I over read and only made two as I stated earlier. For me the the best three putts I made all day were on 5, 10 and 18.
  • #5 I missed the green left and didn't get the rollout I wanted on my chip so I was left with a 8-10' putt moving right to left. This was the last hole I used the line on my golf ball, it just doesn't feel comfortable. But I lined up the putt, placed the putter behind it and drained it.
  • #10 was straight up the hill sliding right from 20'. Left to right putts typically are not my cup of tea but I gutted this putt. The pace that it went was solid, the ball was in from the minute I hit and I knew it.
  • #18 I hit my second shot through the green and was left with a chip of some 40' that I left 10' short of the hole. If I miss the putt I shoot 73, respectable... but I wanted solid. This putt also moved left to right but slightly down hill. Once again I gutted it and the even round of golf was complete.
All three of these putts along with the two birdies I made went into the hole with some pace and never left their lines. Had my reads been a little better on a few greens this would have been a special day. Maybe not Buck special but special none the less.

I marvel at how well the ball rolls off the face of this putter. I've used insert, C-grooves, groove technology and never have I experienced the rolls I am seeing with the Seemore m5. The head is heavy enough that I can stroke the ball not hit it. I have good rhythm and great pace. The ball seems to roll ontop on the grain of these Florida greens which is key to making putts on bermuda greens, or so I have been told.

The one draw back I have is with the head cover. Even though I am fond of the blue color I am not fond of the velcro. Its not that its hard to take on and off but its just cumberson. A magnetic cover would serve this setup better, but that just me. The other item that bothered me was rectified last night. I pulled the standard black grip that came with the m5 off and replaced it with a red Seemore midsize grip. This small change really gave me a great feel for the putter and I think allowed me to grip the putter a bit lighter. A lighted grip means less tension and a good release of the putter head. I am very happy with the new grip. I feel a really low round coming with under 30 putts, can't wait for the next round.

Hey Paulo!

More times than not, stubbing the putter comes from forcing the putter way to much to the inside on the back stroke. Think back and wide on your back stroke.. The putter will still arc naturally.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the tip, I probably stub a putt every 2 rounds, looks like I just need to watch out for taking the putter back inside too much. Good info.

Jman and Tad, super job on the reviews. I can really relate to what Jman was saying on how easy it is to go low with the number of putts if missing greens. Now that I seem to hit a few greens my putting avg has slip way up, but time with the SeeMore towards form and speed can close the gap.

Question for you testers: ( Sorry if this was already asked), What was your standard miss before testing, right or left. Has this testing already changed that side of the miss yet?

Jman and Tad, super job on the reviews. I can really relate to what Jman was saying on how easy it is to go low with the number of putts if missing greens. Now that I seem to hit a few greens my putting avg has slip way up, but time with the SeeMore towards form and speed can close the gap.

Question for you testers: ( Sorry if this was already asked), What was your standard miss before testing, right or left. Has this testing already changed that side of the miss yet?

Thanks Duey!

My miss was left. I was lining up with an open stance AND shoulders and because of that taking the putter head way inside and cutting across it out to try and get it on line with where my eyes were. A mess really.

For me personally it really has already effected that, I miss both ways now! HA! Seriously though, my misses are now due to the line I pick and not my setup, I think that is the beauty of the SPi method for me. The RST and SPi have me set up to take all the variables out of the equation but pace and the line I pick before my putt.

Duey I missed on both sides but mainly left. After watching my videos I know why I missed left, I was aimed that way. My missed in my first couple of rounds of testing were left. Today my misses were right and a bit long. Right of the hole not right pushes

Back