SeeMore Putters MSeries Review - Forum Testing Review

And there might even be more then one.

And others may have bought one out of their own pocket as well....

There is an m5x in the group. Im not going to tell you who has it though, because that is a pretty large skim...and you're better than that. :D

Got it. I just played epic catch-up with this thread. Looking good so far guys.

And others may have bought one out of their own pocket as well....

And we might have a secret OEM here I see

And we might have a secret OEM here I see

Not secret, you missed it in the what did you buy thread lol

I got an m5x in order to get a limited edition SeeMore headcover I wanted to steal from Brady and that doesn't even fit it essentially.

Putter is a bonus. I have problems.

Quick update I have been emailing Andy my SPi instructor and I'm going on Friday at 10 AM to meet up with him to go over some things now that I have my putter. I wanna make sure im doing the right things so I don't form bad habits. He also told me he has a medicine ball for me which is awesome I emailed Ted about buying one I really want to try it out to work on my stroke when I can't get on the course. pretty excited might go over the triangulator with him also.

ROUND REPORT

Saturday July 7th
Jefferson Park Golf Club, Seattle - Par 70, 6250yrds
10:30am Tee Time, 78* and SUNNY

Well, Im afraid it's not a perfect science. After feeling really good with what I have done with the mFGP on the practice green and in the
quick 9-hole 'feeler' round I had played with it earlier, I managed to take a step back with it yesterday. I could potentially have a little too much going on in my head right now. I have been implementing the changes my SPi instructor has wanted and I have been trying to really nail down my posture and grip as explained by Pat O'brien in his DVD. Unfortunately, I dont think that I have had enough time to practice all of this stuff yet to where it would become second nature. Because of this, I still find myself running through a mental checklist every time I step up to putt and might not have enough focus dedicated to the putt itself.

Spoiler
July7thRound.jpg

So there you have it. Things were ugly with the flatstick pretty much from the start. I managed to pull it together in the middle-end of the round and in the end I scored one of the best rounds of my life...but...it could have...and should have...been so much better.
75% of the problem was speed control, something that I had been feeling was at an all time best heading into this round. I am really trying to putt with my shoulders and use the length of the backstroke to set the speed of the putt, but clearly it is something that I need to work on some more. Part of my problem is that I think the mFGP might actually roll the ball TOO WELL. The ball just seems to come off the face in a hurry and really hugs the ground in a tight roll, because of this I found myself running a lot of short-medium length putts by the hole a good 3-5 feet.

It has been pretty warm and sunny in Seattle (by seattle standards this means 5+ consecutive days of sun at 70+ degrees) and because of this, the greens were rolling faster than they have all year. After running a few putts way by the hole and 3-putting TWICE IN THE FIRST THREE HOLES, I found my confidence to be a little bit shaken on the greens and my distance control suddenly became pretty sporadic. 20 foot putts were being left 10 feet short, 10 foot putts were running 5 feet long...it was a mess. All that being said, as bad as it felt out there, I do think the RST put a cap on how bad it actually got....

I've had putting days like this before, and when things start going south, they usually keep going south. With the RST, I always had something to fall back on and know that one part of the equation wasnt changing. Before when struggling, I would find myself adding a little bit of a forward press or slightly opening my stance or making some other subtle changes to try and stop the bleeding mid-round. This time, however, I have a system to rely on which feels really good, especially when things arent working out. Now, my putting wasnt great at any point during this round but it did become manageable towards the end. My setup felt good, I was reading putts pretty well, and because of the RST I was setting up to my line the same way everytime. All I had to focus on was my speed. In the end it did come around a bit and maybe had I played 36 my putting would have been spot on, who knows.

A lot of work to do. A lot of work to do. Overall, this round was a good healthy reminder that putting can be pretty tricky and I really need to put the time in if I want to get more out of it. I have been practicing and I think overall there have been some solid improvements in my putting game but it's nowhere near where it could or should be. There is going to be A LOT of time dedicated this week on speed and distance control drills, I know where my weakness is...now it's time to go out and make that a strength.

NOTEABLE HOLES

#1: 8 iron in to the green, pin high but 25 feet right. Putt #1 was a little right to left and uphill. Started it on the exact line i wanted to but didnt hit it nearly firm enough. Putt #2, 6 feet short of the hole, a little right to left. Played it just on the right edge, hit the putt exactly where i was aiming but hammered it through the break, 2ft past the hole. 3 putt Bogey.

#3: Par 3- 157yrd knockdown 7i hit perfectly, pin high 20ft right of the flag. Putt #1, about a foot of right to left break, again started right the line i wanted but again ran it right through the break. The green slopes down after the hole and the ball ran out 6 feet past. Putt #2, I now left myself with a trickly little left to righter aross the slope...scared of running another putt by, I didnt put enough on this one and it couldnt hold its line. 3 putt bogey.

#7: Toughest hole on the course. One I have never birdied and its one that I bogey 80% of the time. 420yrd Par 4 that can play longer if you dont keep your drive down the left side. Hit a perfect drive on this one and then one the greatest 8 irons in my life, that hopped and stopped 4 feet right of the hole. The putt was slightly down hill with about 2 inches of right to left break. Again started the putt right on my line but put too much on it. Burned the lip for a huge waste of a great birdie chance on a really tough hole. 2- putt par.

#8: Par 5. Hit a 9iron approach shot perfectly to about 5 feet right of the pin. Very similar putt to what I had on #7, slightly downhill, a little right to left. This time I had the speed right, drained it for a good bounce back birdie.

For the most part, the back 9 had no real highlights or lowlights. I was just kind of chugging along with the putter. I didnt make any great lag putts but the I was able to get things down in two. Definitely felt a little more control with the putter overall on the back 9.

#17: Par 5, went for the green in two, just missed it left and about pin high. Had a pretty severe left to right chip that I did not play high enough and ran it down the hill about 9ft from the hole. The good news was that I left myself with an uphill put that only had a touch of right to left movement. I hit a good, firm putt at the right edge and buried the birdie putt with perfect speed.

So there you have it. I know this is by no means terrible and overall there were a lot of positives. I did have quite a few putts that after I hit them I thought "Oh god, you're better than that." That is a thought that I like to keep to a minimum and is one that I havent had a lot of until this round. I was able to keep it all together though and attribute a lot of that to the RST and simple SeeMore teaching methods.

Last edited:
Quick update I have been emailing Andy my SPi instructor and I'm going on Friday at 10 AM to meet up with him to go over some things now that I have my putter. I wanna make sure im doing the right things so I don't form bad habits. He also told me he has a medicine ball for me which is awesome I emailed Ted about buying one I really want to try it out to work on my stroke when I can't get on the course. pretty excited might go over the triangulator with him also.

Dude, you will love the medicine ball. I'm going to detail my practice routine tomorrow with it.

Reki, dude, 34 putts with 9 GIR is not that bad, no reason at all to get down. You are ingraining NEW habits and technique, getting down about it will only compound it all, learning curves happen, its part of it. Just keep working and you'll be a-ok.

Not secret, you missed it in the what did you buy thread lol

I got an m5x in order to get a limited edition SeeMore headcover I wanted to steal from Brady and that doesn't even fit it essentially.

Putter is a bonus. I have problems.

You're right I did miss that. Congrats dude. First an insert putter and now a mallet with an insert. You're coming along well. Or very sick. Lol

Dude, you will love the medicine ball. I'm going to detail my practice routine tomorrow with it.

Reki, dude, 34 putts with 9 GIR is not that bad, no reason at all to get down. You are ingraining NEW habits and technique, getting down about it will only compound it all, learning curves happen, its part of it. Just keep working and you'll be a-ok.

This is a great post. No question sometimes you go backwards briefly, but I will be the 1st to say that when I found SeeMore, it took me almost 7 rounds just to get comfortable. Since finding them, I think I am putting better than I ever have in my life and the best part is, it never really goes away.

You're right I did miss that. Congrats dude. First an insert putter and now a mallet with an insert. You're coming along well. Or very sick. Lol

I'm trying to figure that our myself. Chaos.

More than anything I wanted the headcover, but having held the m5x in hand and the fact that it has my FAVORITE alignment line system kind of sealed it for me. It will sit while I hopefully continue to put up some damn good scores with the mFGP2!

Reki I don't think that's a bad round.. Let me asks few questions. Did you warm up and practice putt before you're round started and get a feel for the speed of the greens and also what's average for your putts per round?

This is a great post. No question sometimes you go backwards briefly, but I will be the 1st to say that when I found SeeMore, it took me almost 7 rounds just to get comfortable. Since finding them, I think I am putting better than I ever have in my life and the best part is, it never really goes away.

Like any swing change in golf I think its big for all of us in here to understand even though its a putter, any change still takes time. For me the drive has been that because I have dabbled with the SeeMore method before I know it will make me a better putter. That's my goal, the light at the end if you will, with it we just have to understand that struggles and off days will happen.

Brady tells me all the time, its a marathon, not a sprint.

Reki I agree with theses dudes that's not bad. I had 39 putts yesterday and that IS bad. But I expect some rough rounds like that in the beginning as I get things worked out and ingrained.

Some really GREAT reviews here guys. Congrats to Jman and Buckjob on fantastic PB rounds. Glad to see that the Seemore putters and their method is working out so well for you.

Reki, I think you may be a little hard on yourself. Take away the three putts and your round looks normal. The putters are magic tools, there are other aspects of the game the contribute to higher putt counts. Chipping it closer will knocka few shots off the old total. Don't get discouraged, speed control is an issue for everyone that plays golf. Keep up the good work, and manage your expectations

You're right, and I know its a process. I realize I may have seemed a little bit down on myself in that post, but overall I feel a lot better about my putting as a hole and Ive seen glimpses of where the SeeMore method can take me if I really keep working at it. I think there was just a little bit of added frustration because had I started the round off putting just a little bit better, it would have been a career low round for me. Frustrating, but also highly motivating, im chomping at the bit to get back out there and get to work.

Always good to hear, JB. I only have 27 holes and about hour or so on the practice gree with my SeeMore. That's hardly any time at all when I think about it. Getting comfortable with the new putter is one thing but getting comfortable with the new posture, grip, and stroke is another. I realize that stuff doesnt happen overnight. Im really buying into the SeeMore philosophy though and for the first time I really feel like I actually understand putting.

Reki I don't think that's a bad round.. Let me asks few questions. Did you warm up and practice putt before you're round started and get a feel for the speed of the greens and also what's average for your putts per round?

Thanks Buck. I really dont think it was a bad round either, really just a rough start on the greens that prevented it from being a great round. I did spend about 30 minutes on the practice green before heading out and I did spend some time putting out to the fringe to try and get my speed down. I think playing this course so much and knowing these greens so well kind of worked against me in the end. Ive hit putts from everywhere on these greens but Ive never seen them roll out they were yesterday...at least not since last August or so...and there have been many rounds since then.

My putting average is 1.9 per hole, 2.1 per GIR. So I really have been right around the 35-36 mark quite a lot. On the surface, 34 seems pretty good but I just had some really bad misses yesterday. It can be hard not to feel a little deflated.

Reki I agree with theses dudes that's not bad. I had 39 putts yesterday and that IS bad. But I expect some rough rounds like that in the beginning as I get things worked out and ingrained.

Definitely. As long as I keep my eye on the big picture it's gonna be just fine. I mentioned it briefly in my post but before I adopted the SeeMore method and without the RST to keep my setup in check, a round like this probably would have been one that ballooned into the 38-40 putt territory.

Reki, I think you may be a little hard on yourself. Take away the three putts and your round looks normal. The putters are magic tools, there are other aspects of the game the contribute to higher putt counts. Chipping it closer will knocka few shots off the old total. Don't get discouraged, speed control is an issue for everyone that plays golf. Keep up the good work, and manage your expectations

Thanks Tad. I really didnt mean to come across all that down on myself. I think had I 3-putted say the 6th and 8th holes instead of the 1st and 3rd holes it would have felt a little different. There was just something about going into the round feeling really good about my putting and then opening so poorly on the greens that stung a little bit more than usual.

I also want to be the best that I can, at anything I do. I know that in putting, like anything, this isnt going to happen right away. Having some really poor putts yesterday just highlighted what I need to work on, really it was all just pretty educational. I think that I learned a lot from my round and now I just need to make sure I work on it and apply what I learned.

And you are absolutely right about chipping. Your words certainly applied to my round yesterday. I could have take a lot of pressure off of my putting game had I chipped just a little bit better. Instead, I was asking myself to make a lot of putts in the "uneasy" range at a time when my confidence was already a little bit shaken after two early 3-putts.

Thanks Tad. I really didnt mean to come across all that down on myself. I think had I 3-putted say the 6th and 8th holes instead of the 1st and 3rd holes it would have felt a little different. There was just something about going into the round feeling really good about my putting and then opening so poorly on the greens that stung a little bit more than usual.

I also want to be the best that I can, at anything I do. I know that in putting, like anything, this isnt going to happen right away. Having some really poor putts yesterday just highlighted what I need to work on, really it was all just pretty educational. I think that I learned a lot from my round and now I just need to make sure I work on it and apply what I learned.

And you are absolutely right about chipping. Your words certainly applied to my round yesterday. I could have take a lot of pressure off of my putting game had I chipped just a little bit better. Instead, I was asking myself to make a lot of putts in the "uneasy" range at a time when my confidence was already a little bit shaken after two early 3-putts.
I felt the same way on Wednesday when I went to play, and I struggled with my putting that day. It's part of the game we love to hate.
im going to play an up and down drill go on Tuesday when I go test the m5. I am going to hit shots of varied distance and see if I can up and down in two. You may want to work this into your routine. It will build confidence in your putting as you chip closer to the hole.

I felt the same way on Wednesday when I went to play, and I struggled with my putting that day. It's part of the game we love to hate.
im going to play an up and down drill go on Tuesday when I go test the m5. I am going to hit shots of varied distance and see if I can up and down in two. You may want to work this into your routine. It will build confidence in your putting as you chip closer to the hole.

I think thats a great idea. I have always practiced chipping and putting separately but it makes a lot of sense to have a drill that combines the two. The object is to get up AND down after all...

Thanks for the tip! Im gonna try this drill out later today.

Question, do you play one chip/pitch and then go putt it? Or do you play a few and the try and get them all down?

I think thats a great idea. I have always practiced chipping and putting separately but it makes a lot of sense to have a drill that combines the two. The object is to get up AND down after all...

Thanks for the tip! Im gonna try this drill out later today.

Question, do you play one chip/pitch and then go putt it? Or do you play a few and the try and get them all down?
If I have the whole green I chip to each hole. If I have one hole then maybe here balls and go chip. If I have nothing but time on my hands, it one ball chip and putt. I used to do this 30-50 times.

Nice update RK! I agree with everyone else here, that's not a bad start considering a new putter and whole new approach to putting.

Jman, I think I asked you before but I forgot, what program do you use to track your stats?

Great job to all the testers. This is the best forum testing I've ever read.

Jman, I think I asked you before but I forgot, what program do you use to track your stats?

Great job to all the testers. This is the best forum testing I've ever read.

Its Skygolf for my SGX GPS. I can tell you though golfshot for phones has a stats only app I believe that is GREAT as well and you can email the stats image to yourself.

Back