SeeMore X Putter Preview - New Line

SeeMore just keeps out doing themselves. These will be exciting!

What made you go with the X4, pete?

Anser-style head fits my (post-belly) stroke best and I aim/align better with that type of putter than anything else. I liked it when I got to see it in October and thought "why not?". Availability over here played in as well.

:bulgy-eyes:

I am for sure - I get home from a couple of weeks of training on March 1st, so sooner would be indescribably more awesome.

I dont know why, but I loved this phrase. Good stuff and good luck with it.

Right on, Pete. I like the DB4x quite a bit as well. Hope it makes it's way to you sooner than later.

Right on, Pete. I like the DB4x quite a bit as well. Hope it makes it's way to you sooner than later.

The DB4 series is great. Probably my favourite SeeMore, based solely on looks.

I dont know why, but I loved this phrase. Good stuff and good luck with it.

Thanks JB!

So, I liked the X3 when I tried it. I got the X2 for Christmas and so far I'm LOVING it. I've lusted over the '2' shape for quite a while now and my suspicions that I'd putt well with it were correct. First time out with it and I putted very well. The finish is among the best I've seen from Seemore. Sort of tough to see it well in pictures, but I'm going to try to bring out the beauty tonight.

It had a Feeltec grip on it, but I replaced it with a Winn jumbo and I'm glad I did. Just a comfort thing for me. Went black/white/gray with the grip, so it matches perfectly.

The insert is real nice. Has some firmness to it compared to a Odyssey White Hot.

Have you spent time with the si series Hawk? Can you compare the inserts?

Have you spent time with the si series Hawk? Can you compare the inserts?

I have, but my time with them is limited compared to the FGP series. It's hard to explain, but the one thought I had was that the X series didn't seem as dead feeling to me. I honestly feel like it's almost similar to a really soft sounding milled putter if that makes sense. Very nice feedback when you hit it in the center.

Seriously, if I was in the MC, I'd grab one of these in a second, assuming something like the M series wasn't available to choose. They look spectacular.

To me the X3 insert sounded slightly firmer and ball came out a little hotter than the Si insert but yet still felt relatively soft when struck dead center. Rolled one a few weeks back

Tapping away on my S3

The insert is real nice. Has some firmness to it compared to a Odyssey White Hot.

The insert is the thing that scares me the most about this putter. I really don't like squishy inserts. Like the White Hot or the Scotsdale. If this insert is firmer like the White Ice or the SI insert, I may jump on it.

The insert is the thing that scares me the most about this putter. I really don't like squishy inserts. Like the White Hot or the Scotsdale. If this insert is firmer like the White Ice or the SI insert, I may jump on it.

I think it's firmer than the SI, but that's going off expereince from a year ago. Definitely more so than the White Hot. I've hit them side by side to compare quite a bit.

I think it's firmer than the SI, but that's going off expereince from a year ago. Definitely more so than the White Hot. I've hit them side by side to compare quite a bit.

Do you have any capability to make a recording of the sound off of the X? Since sound is feel, I can kind of go off of that. I'm sorry to make you work and jump through hoops, not my intention. This would be a blind buy for me and I have had a mixed relationship with inserts.

It is firmer than any other insertI've tried. I am not an insert person but this one is incredible. SEEMORE put quite a bit of R and D into the insert and I must say they nailed it. Firm and responsive.

TapAhoy!

Do you have any capability to make a recording of the sound off of the X? Since sound is feel, I can kind of go off of that. I'm sorry to make you work and jump through hoops, not my intention. This would be a blind buy for me and I have had a mixed relationship with inserts.

Absolutely. I'll have the camera out tonight already. My Nikon gets sound pretty decently.

It is firmer than any other insertI've tried. I am not an insert person but this one is incredible. SEEMORE put quite a bit of R and D into the insert and I must say they nailed it. Firm and responsive.

TapAhoy!

I'd agree with that for sure.

I agree with other's thoughts. From the few rolls I had with the X Series, I think the insert is a good bit firmer than the Si series, almost to the point that if I didn't look at the face, I would think there was no insert at all.

I need to spend more time with one to decide if it is for me or not (rolling the Si2 so good right now though).

i putted with the X2 a little bit during my SPi fitting...
the look, the feel, everything is great. And really, it's not until you look at the putter face until you realize..."oh, it has an insert?"
i was impressed.

Glad to see you all seem to have similar thoughts. I'm really impressed with all the finish work. Has a much different look to it than some of their previous offerings and I like it.

Glad to see you all seem to have similar thoughts. I'm really impressed with all the finish work. Has a much different look to it than some of their previous offerings and I like it.

agreed. the finish is something that stands out to me first and is what i would normally gravitate towards, as it is also the traditional putter style...especially the X4, with the plumber's neck. but i'm just looking to switch it up this year a little bit.

but as far as the X-Series goes and my 2 cents...definitely a great putter and not to be overlooked, insert or not.

I absolutely love my X2, hands down the best putter I have ever owned. The insert is out of this world good. I will not be changing for a long while.

So, I liked the X3 when I tried it. I got the X2 for Christmas and so far I'm LOVING it. I've lusted over the '2' shape for quite a while now and my suspicions that I'd putt well with it were correct. First time out with it and I putted very well. The finish is among the best I've seen from Seemore. Sort of tough to see it well in pictures, but I'm going to try to bring out the beauty tonight.

It had a Feeltec grip on it, but I replaced it with a Winn jumbo and I'm glad I did. Just a comfort thing for me. Went black/white/gray with the grip, so it matches perfectly.

Hawk, where's the X2 Xmas photos!!!

For some reason I didn't shoot it while I was doing some other things. I'll try to make that happen tonight.

For some reason I didn't shoot it while I was doing some other things. I'll try to make that happen tonight.

No worries, I know there are a quite a few distractions during xmas!!!

Can't wait to see your new one, too bad one didn't show up under my tree, oh well I'll have to be better next year for santa to visit!

I hope these are available to you Cobra/Seemore staffers. I think you'll be very happy with what you find.

I hope these are available to you Cobra/Seemore staffers. I think you'll be very happy with what you find.
From the review so far the X insert sounds great, I can't wait to see one in person!

I thought I posted this yesterday, but it's not here for some reason.

Here's some pics of the X2. Tried to show how the finish sort of changes with every different angle the light comes from. She's a beauty for sure.

DSCN1960-L.jpg

DSCN1961-L.jpg

DSCN1971-L.jpg

DSCN1974-L.jpg

DSCN1972-L.jpg

DSCN1964-L.jpg

DSCN1965-L.jpg

DSCN1975-L.jpg

DSCN1977-L.jpg

DSCN1978-L.jpg

DSCN1979-L.jpg

Back