Spam. No, not that kind!

Rice and Spam wrapped with seaweed.

spam-musubi-thumb.jpg

Thats with rice and seawead correct?

Spam in the middle with some sweet sauce lather around it, rice on top and bottom and wrapped in seaweed.

I have had that too, I might have to stop and pick up a can on the way home.

I prefer the fully wrapped version simply because it seems to hold better.

l

I haven't had it like that before, although I make my own (I am not sure what to call it) rice rolls?

They are not as pretty as what mom did, but functional nonetheless!

(I guess they would be California rolls before slicing).

I'm sorry, but that still looks repulsive to me. I'd MUCH rather have sushi.

Mmmmmmmm . . . suuuushhhhi!

I'm sorry, but that still looks repulsive to me. I'd MUCH rather have sushi.

You cant really compare the two Harry. Its like saying I dont like meatloaf, I would rather have lobster. Of course lobster is good, but it has nothing to do with the meatloaf.

Trust me--if you're eating yogurt as you view this thread, it all looks disgusting.

You cant really compare the two Harry. Its like saying I dont like meatloaf, I would rather have lobster. Of course lobster is good, but it has nothing to do with the meatloaf.

I understand the correlation though. Most people don't touch seaweed unless it is sushi. I actually have a jar of spicy teriyaki seaweed on my counter all the time.

Seaweed salad is always good too.

I love seaweed salad at the Sushi place we go to.

I dont get the soy paper thing when I go to sushi. Is it because people cant take the texture of the seaweed?

soy paper does not even look appealing at all.

Rice and Spam wrapped with seaweed.

spam-musubi-thumb.jpg

Where can I get some of that? Looks great. I might just have to fry up my Spam tonight for a snack and breakfast tomorrow.

I was actually at the store last night and ALMOST bought a can... I'll try it soon

I was actually at the store last night and ALMOST bought a can... I'll try it soon

Almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. :laugh: You'll be surprised at how it tastes. :good:

I hate spam, but this thread is amazing.

Dude, I agree. I mean, SPAM sushi? Really? Awesome!

It's called SPAM musubi and it...is...EPIC!!!

Tapping till 12-21-2012

BTW, SPAM is just chopped ham pressed into a loaf and spiced, in this case with lots of salt and little bits of other stuff. SPiced hAM...SPAM.

Tapping till 12-21-2012

I have never had or even had the desire to try SPAM. Its a mythical thing to Canadians. Something you only see on T-shirts

It's really good... Pan grilled or on the BBQ.

Back