Sports Betting Chat

So - I have had a nice little hockey run recently.

Tonight - I am going pretty big on Duke and Nebraska. I just think both outmatch the opponent in every respect, plus some key injuries make these games seem like a winning night.

Tonight - I am going pretty big on Duke and Nebraska. I just think both outmatch the opponent in every respect, plus some key injuries make these games seem like a winning night.
Nebraska is 8-0 @ home & 0-7 on the road in conference... tonight breaks the trend?

Nebraska is 8-0 @ home & 0-7 on the road in conference... tonight breaks the trend?
Yes…imo, the match up is the worst possible for Indiana. XJ(while not much this season) is prob out for Indiana or a non-contributor.

I estimate NE will 2x them on the boards and that will be the difference.

Well..at least that’s my hope.

I am looking solid so far with LaSalle and Illinois on my small bets and parlay. Duke is already guaranteeing me positive equity with the first half cover. So let’s hope! A NE win will be a super hit for the day.

For those that can skip a beer or coffee…I like this bet: all to make the top 40.
Stupid hard rock app won’t let us do something cool like that. Just individuals 😒

You did well on those. Wow. Not even close on either.

Yes…imo, the match up is the worst possible for Indiana. XJ(while not much this season) is prob out for Indiana or a non-contributor.

I estimate NE will 2x them on the boards and that will be the difference.

Well..at least that’s my hope.

I am looking solid so far with LaSalle and Illinois on my small bets and parlay. Duke is already guaranteeing me positive equity with the first half cover. So let’s hope! A NE win will be a super hit for the day.
Great call on Duke & Nebraska.. neither was a sweat

I am trying to ride a nice wave.

Tonight I have picks to make you laugh.

San Diego, Lemoyne, Monmouth, Central Conn St, and SIUE. I have 1 unit (mine are only $100) on each and a $10 round robin on all 5.

If all 5 hit it will be a nice night. Need 3 to make the night even at least.

Sad night …will end up on the bad side! Have a Hail Mary hockey play anytime goal 5 legger with 3 of 5. All 5 would be a kiss on the forehead for the early games. 1-2 so far with Central Conn pulling it out at the end. But the other two…ick!

Minnesota won and covered against Ohio St last night. That makes them 23-3 ATS this season. Talk about a wagon. Wish I didn’t just find this out 2 games ago.

Ended 3-2 but no money made btw juice and parlay losses. But in pure defiance I placed another bet that ended up sweaty on the one I least expected. This made the day tolerable!🤣

I thought the sweat was going to be OR and SC was going to steamroll.

1708706695507.jpeg

Vigs are killing me this week!

Anyone here a Hockey afficionado?

I have been doing pretty well on hockey lately - but I am noticing a few things that got me thinking there has to be some better enhancement to my picking.

Give me shout if you love hockey and the nuances, and are willing to answer questions.

Anyone here a Hockey afficionado?

I have been doing pretty well on hockey lately - but I am noticing a few things that got me thinking there has to be some better enhancement to my picking.

Give me shout if you love hockey and the nuances, and are willing to answer questions.
I've had some good streaks playing the over on goalie saves. Especially against teams like Carolina that just throw everything at the net. Around 26-27 is usually pretty safe unless it's a really good defensive team. My other go-to is points or assists by a top D that quarterbacks the power play. Usually play over 0.5 on those bets.

I have the Hawks laying the 2. I’m sure this will blow up in my face since they are up 12-0 to start the game.
IMG_0055.jpeg

I've had some good streaks playing the over on goalie saves. Especially against teams like Carolina that just throw everything at the net. Around 26-27 is usually pretty safe unless it's a really good defensive team. My other go-to is points or assists by a top D that quarterbacks the power play. Usually play over 0.5 on those bets.
I have been round robin goalscorers. But what I am noticing, is like tonight, there will be nights where all the top scorers do nothing. They barely take shots and rarely scorer. Tonight, virtually every goal scorer as of now is basically a nobody with single digit goals on the year.

So it seems like there are just nights, on some sort of cycle, where the top players are “rested” or the game plan changes to the other players. I am trying to understand this dynamic.

So any thoughts? Anyone?

I have been round robin goalscorers. But what I am noticing, is like tonight, there will be nights where all the top scorers do nothing. They barely take shots and rarely scorer. Tonight, virtually every goal scorer as of now is basically a nobody with single digit goals on the year.

So it seems like there are just nights, on some sort of cycle, where the top players are “rested” or the game plan changes to the other players. I am trying to understand this dynamic.

So any thoughts? Anyone?
I don’t think players are necessarily getting rested. It’s just that scoring goals is inherently hard and involves a lot of luck even for the best players. And goals tend to come in bunches, whether it’s a result of good matchups, bad goaltending, or just how a player is feeling that night. For example, Auston Matthews who’s averaging just under a goal per game this year, has scored in only just over half the Leafs games. Point is I don’t like betting goal scorers. There are other things like shots, saves, or points that are a lot more predictable.

I say to my eight-year-old daughter and ask her how much will Mizzou lose by tonight? She says 14. The spread is +13.5! Maybe I need to start following her for sports betting tips.

Dayton just out here ruining evenings I guess, along with Fairfield 🙃

Dayton just out here ruining evenings I guess, along with Fairfield 🙃
You done got sucked in to College BB before the dance. Thats on you.

Back