Sports Memorabilia Thread

This Heavy Lumber insert is awesome. They are case hits and obviously the auto is tough to find

IMG_3102.png
IMG_3103.png

All this Sixto talk makes me want to buy one too! Sixto to the moon!!!!!
Find a nice Sixto Luminaries or Sixto Definitive Collection and sit back and watch him enter the hall of fame

Find a nice Sixto Luminaries or Sixto Definitive Collection and sit back and watch him enter the hall of fame
What will that run me? Somewhere between Sixto and six fifty?

What will that run me? Somewhere between Sixto and six fifty?
Definitive is a bit more at $25

IMG_3105.png

Here are some nice Inception Autos for 8-15 bucks numbered to either 99 or 299

IMG_3106.png
IMG_3107.png

and finally the gold label framed metal card is about 10-15

IMG_3108.png

When I was in middle school, a good friend went to spring training in florida. His family was friends with Paul Blair (Yankees outfielder). When he returned he gave me a book he had the players autograph. This was in 1980 and most of the signatures are baseball players but some are other sports figures and coaches. A lot of signatures are easy to identify. I was wondering if I post some photos of the book, maybe you could help identify some that I don't recognize. Here is the first of about 15 pages

Attachments

• 20240325_172735.jpg
    20240325_172735.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 20240325_172755.jpg
    20240325_172755.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 12
When I was in middle school, a good friend went to spring training in florida. His family was friends with Paul Blair (Yankees outfielder). When he returned he gave me a book he had the players autograph. This was in 1980 and most of the signatures are baseball players but some are other sports figures and coaches. A lot of signatures are easy to identify. I was wondering if I post some photos of the book, maybe you could help identify some that I don't recognize. Here is the first of about 15 pages
@ddec you know these?

the one is Phil Rizzuto. See if I can make out the others.

The one I don't know is the last autograph. In the second picture. It looks like it starts with B.
The others are Joe DiMaggio and Roger Maris (99% sure on those)
Thanks for taking a look.

The one I don't know is the last autograph. In the second picture. It looks like it starts with B.
The others are Joe DiMaggio and Roger Maris (99% sure on those)
Thanks for taking a look.
Maris one looks 100%. Dimaggio looks a little funny, but I'm not going to doubt it.

I think that last one is “Bill on a mobile…” read in Mike Fancesa’s voice.

One is Billy Johnson

Edit - or at least it looks like it might be that name, checking his signature though and it doesn’t match

Last edited:
Maris one looks 100%. Dimaggio looks a little funny, but I'm not going to doubt it.
Looks just like this one

Taking another look, the D and M combo of similar, rest is a bit off

Looks just like this one

Taking another look, the D and M combo of similar, rest is a bit off
its the ending that looks funny to me...esp the loop at the end of the o.

Like I said I'm not going to doubt it. Seems like it came form a legit source with a cool story.

Just for clarification, I am not trying to authentic the autographs. I am just trying to Identify the ones I don't recognize. This book was given to me when I was in the 8th grade and I am 58 now.
Here is another page, I think the first two are Nat Moore and Ed Lopat. The third one I have no idea?
Maybe just hoping someone recognizes the autograph.
Thanks again

Attachments

• 20240325_182518.jpg
    20240325_182518.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 1
Nick Gordon Bowman 1st auto.
Joined the Marlins this offseason

IMG_3115.jpeg

I happen to really like this UD Canvas set

IMG_3116.jpeg

An Bryan De La Cruz auto kind of day for deliveries

IMG_3218.jpegIMG_3219.jpegIMG_3220.jpeg