Sports Memorabilia Thread

I think a Penny Hardaway signed jersey , picture or card might go nicely with the coolest collectible ever , Lil Penny.
Pass for me, but I do like the Lil Penny that we have in our sports room.

@Canadan pretty sweet Mikey Rookie Auto

IMG_3061.jpeg

Cal and I went to another local shop that we don't go to very much. Low on autos/color/relics but full on pretty fun base/inserts for 25 cents apiece.

We ended up with about 95 cards hahaha - lots to fill out some of our collections and connect some dots. Lots of pinks and sepias and refractors and stadium club and gypsy queen and etc.

What a fun evening. We've got another shop on deck for tomorrow. I'm excited.

I also have a little bone to pick with a couple of the local shops.. Ones we don't frequent that much.

Neither of them had any interest at all in haggling pricing. We had grabbed a bunch of stale dollar cards (one of the shops actually labels the date of the price tag so we could see that they had been labeled for nearly a year), a couple slightly more expensive ones, and considered a couple in the cases that were in the 6-20 dollar range.

There was a PSA 10 Inception Sean Reid Foley from Toronto. Signed numbered to 249, nothing special, raw it's worth about 3 dollars. I asked him casually if he could knock a couple bucks off the 15 dollar price tag because I have a habit of overlooking player relevance for cool looking Toronto card, and he simply said no.

I just don't get it. Why not be even marginally flexible to make me feel like I got a win while buying a card that is going to sit in your shop for the next year+ or so? Part of the thrill is seeing a number and then feeling like you struck a deal. We go to plenty of other stores locally and get a combo deal when we grab a bunch of cards - and we'll keep going to those shops instead because it's honestly more fun.

Triple threads or tribute?
Is that Berrios base or a parallel? Dig the colors.
Blue is Cosmic to 150.
Inception is base.
Napkin is triple threads, bookend 36/36 and Cal absolutely demanded that I buy it haha

I also have a little bone to pick with a couple of the local shops.. Ones we don't frequent that much.

Neither of them had any interest at all in haggling pricing. We had grabbed a bunch of stale dollar cards (one of the shops actually labels the date of the price tag so we could see that they had been labeled for nearly a year), a couple slightly more expensive ones, and considered a couple in the cases that were in the 6-20 dollar range.

There was a PSA 10 Inception Sean Reid Foley from Toronto. Signed numbered to 249, nothing special, raw it's worth about 3 dollars. I asked him casually if he could knock a couple bucks off the 15 dollar price tag because I have a habit of overlooking player relevance for cool looking Toronto card, and he simply said no.

I just don't get it. Why not be even marginally flexible to make me feel like I got a win while buying a card that is going to sit in your shop for the next year+ or so? Part of the thrill is seeing a number and then feeling like you struck a deal. We go to plenty of other stores locally and get a combo deal when we grab a bunch of cards - and we'll keep going to those shops instead because it's honestly more fun.

Yeah and they are more than likely always above eBay prices. You would think every sticker in a shop would have some wiggle room.

Yeah and they are more than likely always above eBay prices. You would think every sticker in a shop would have some wiggle room.
I understand being a bit picky on the huge names, but when an out of market fan comes in willing to scoop up his team, and you know that stuff has been collecting dust, why not take the win at 80-90% instead of not at all? No one is dumb enough to think they are into it more than 40-60% anyways.

I understand being a bit picky on the huge names, but when an out of market fan comes in willing to scoop up his team, and you know that stuff has been collecting dust, why not take the win at 80-90% instead of not at all? No one is dumb enough to think they are into it more than 40-60% anyways.
If someone is cherry picking, I get it. Buying multiple things out of market? I haven’t encountered that, but without child I leave on principle

The Home Field advantage insert line from Topps may be a Downtown Ripoff, but I will own each Ray and Marlins they put out

IMG_3087.jpeg

I took a really tiny peek at collecting Bengals cards last night.

Hoooooooooooooooooooly football is wild.
Have you learned nothing? :ROFLMAO:

Gold Frame look amazing in one touch

View attachment 9246345
Just catching up. Do you think that they were able to find a photo of Sixto actually pitching in a marlins uniform, or they just photoshopped a bullpen session :LOL:

Just catching up. Do you think that they were able to find a photo of Sixto actually pitching in a marlins uniform, or they just photoshopped a bullpen session :LOL:
Bullpen session 🤣

Some arrivals today.

Five Star De La Cruz rookie auto on card

IMG_3096.jpeg

Two Duclair autos a bit older one from rookie year and both on card

IMG_3097.jpeg
IMG_3098.jpeg

@BigDill Since Sixto is now going to be in the hall of fame, I of course had to track down some more rookie autos of his 🤣

Back