Sports Memorabilia Thread

Even better in hand

IMG_9086.jpeg

Got this in today. I remember these refractors being crazy priced in Beckett when I was a kid and could never get them. A few are still crazy priced, but I'm starting to pick up a few.

PXL_20240321_220243068~2.jpg

No longer Rays though
IMG_2998.jpeg

I’m about done buying sealed product. This years football is so messed up with CJ not signing for Panini. Impeccable FOTL is $2k per box and the best hit in the product still leaves you $1200 in the hole

I’m a buyer!
Haha it’s not worth much. I’m guessing somewhere around $20-30. He is going to be very good though.

I’m about done buying sealed product. This years football is so messed up with CJ not signing for Panini. Impeccable FOTL is $2k per box and the best hit in the product still leaves you $1200 in the hole
I struggle a lot with sealed product. We buy almost entirely singles because we actually get what we want and don't stress the crazy big stuff.

Cal's mom bought him a Pokemon ETB tonight for 60 bucks for doing awesome on a project at school... All I thought about when they brought him home was the awesome 60 dollar sports card he could have had hahahaha

I struggle a lot with sealed product. We buy almost entirely singles because we actually get what we want and don't stress the crazy big stuff.

Cal's mom bought him a Pokemon ETB tonight for 60 bucks for doing awesome on a project at school... All I thought about when they brought him home was the awesome 60 dollar sports card he could have had hahahaha
But Charizard has never torn his acl or needed tommy john

Haha it’s not worth much. I’m guessing somewhere around $20-30. He is going to be very good though.
I’m happy Cleveland has him

@JB @Canadan , do either of you ever send cards in to get graded? Or just keep everything raw?

@JB @Canadan , do either of you ever send cards in to get graded? Or just keep everything raw?
I used to quite a bit. No longer slabs for me. I prefer the look of raw and outside of a break and hitting a grail (5 figures) that i’m going to move, i’m not grading.

FWIW I preferred SGC for quicker turn around time, better customer service and overall better looking slab to PSA, but the latter has better resale value on anything other than vintage. But the gap is closing

I used to quite a bit. No longer slabs for me. I prefer the look of raw and outside of a break and hitting a grail (5 figures) that i’m going to move, i’m not grading.

FWIW I preferred SGC for quicker turn around time, better customer service and overall better looking slab to PSA, but the latter has better resale value on anything other than vintage. But the gap is closing
I do like the looks of SGC better, it’s just hard not to do PSA based on the fact they are looked at as the “top” grading company and seem to sell for more.

Anyone know if the million dollar Bedard card has been pulled yet?

I do like the looks of SGC better, it’s just hard not to do PSA based on the fact they are looked at as the “top” grading company and seem to sell for more.
There is some truth to that. The flip side you could say about flipping however. Guy gets hot you send to both. SGC returns in about 7 days. PSA returns in 4 weeks. Lots can’t happen

I don't and probably won't. The cost is steep and definitely not worth the squeeze for 99% of my collection.

I'm very happy to get a graded card at the price slightly above raw, and definitely do that as I think it looks great and makes the card effectively bulletproof but thanks to the one touch, there are other ways of protecting a raw card.

Also, while I avoid some grading companies, I'm not as concerned as most about who it is as long as there's some credibility. Since I'm not paying a huge premium, I don't mind getting PSA, Beckett, SGC, HGA, CGC.

Welp...this is a big one. Think I'm gonna donate it to the FD golf outing I help organize and see if we can't make some money.

1000012055.jpg

Good auto and good human.
Been trying to get something autographed from him for awhile. Huge fan of the way he plays and carries himself. If I had a nice enough man cave I'd think about keeping and display it.

It'll do more good for our event though.

Been trying to get something autographed from him for awhile. Huge fan of the way he plays and carries himself. If I had a nice enough man cave I'd think about keeping and display it.

It'll do more good for our event though.
yeah I dont have much basketball other than a giant Shaq jersey signed that is framed like a card and a larry bird picture, but Giannis is a special talent.

yeah I dont have much basketball other than a giant Shaq jersey signed that is framed like a card and a larry bird picture, but Giannis is a special talent.
Shaq would be cool.

I think a Penny Hardaway signed jersey , picture or card might go nicely with the coolest collectible ever , Lil Penny.

Back