Srixon Q-Star Golf Balls

Played these today for the round at Reunion. I have to say that I really like them. I got really good distance off the tee (equal to the RX for me) and they stayed very straight. Around the green the ball has a nice soft tone to them that is not clicky or muted. The cover is definitely not urethane, and that works well for me as I am a high spin player, but the ball definitely checks more than the e6 and NXT Tour for me.

how was the durability of the ball?

Played these today for the round at Reunion. I have to say that I really like them. I got really good distance off the tee (equal to the RX for me) and they stayed very straight. Around the green the ball has a nice soft tone to them that is not clicky or muted. The cover is definitely not urethane, and that works well for me as I am a high spin player, but the ball definitely checks more than the e6 and NXT Tour for me.

Well, after shooting 72 with them you might want to keep gaming them! :D

Thanks for the review - I will definitely be checking these out soon!

Well, after shooting 72 with them you might want to keep gaming them! :D

Thanks for the review - I will definitely be checking these out soon!

Thats not the norm for me, but its Jake preparation.
MC is coming and I will be playing Callaway golf balls.

Thats not the norm for me, but its Jake preparation.
MC is coming and I will be playing Callaway golf balls.

The I(z)??

Played the same ball for 18 holes and it still looks pretty good.

excellent. That is something I really like about the RX. May have to give these a shot in a few weeks.

How was the spin on full iron shots? Comparable to anything?

Nope, I requested the HX Diablo Tour. I like less spin.

very good ball, but wrong thread to comment.
How do you think they would compare to this ball

Nope, I requested the HX Diablo Tour. I like less spin.

I loved it's predecessor. Have not tried it yet.

very good ball, but wrong thread to comment.
How do you think they would compare to this ball

Similar. Although I think the Q-Star has a little more bite on full iron and wedge shots.

Similar. Although I think the Q-Star has a little more bite on full iron and wedge shots.

thanks for the info.

Thanks for that info.
That was one of my main questions. I've been gaming the Diablo Tour for the last 4 or 5 rounds and really like it.
I did pick up a pack of Q-Stars at Golf Galaxy tonight. I'm gonna put them in play for my round tomorrow.

I heard that the dimple pattern on the Q-Star was the same as the Z-Star so I took a picture of the Q-Star today. This is a stock photo of the Z-Star I found online since I didn't have a Z-Star to photograph. Similar?

images

I was told today at Dick's that they had them in the back, but cannot put them out on the shelves until the 12th. I cannot wait that long!!!!!!!

Great feedback everyone. This is definitely a ball that I want to try after the Morgan Cup.

Just tried to order the yellow ones from Golf Galaxy since they have free shipping but it looks like they're out of stock. :sad: Hope they get them back in with free shipping.

I was told today at Dick's that they had them in the back, but cannot put them out on the shelves until the 12th. I cannot wait that long!!!!!!!

I was looking for them at Dick's this past weekend and they told me the same thing. The guy even offered to bring them out and show them to me, but said he couldn't sell me any. I don't know what the deal is with them. A lot of other stores are getting them and selling them. I found them at Edwin Watts on Monday.

Also, does anybody know if this ball is only supposed to replace the AD333? Or is Srixon also going to do away with the Trispeed? I played the Q Star again yesterday, side by side with the Trispeed and, as much as I love the Trispeed, there doesn't seem to be any real reason to pay the extra for the Trispeed. Distance off the tee was pretty close and I gained a little off the irons with the Q Star. Plus the Q Star has a bit more spin.

Just tried to order the yellow ones from Golf Galaxy since they have free shipping but it looks like they're out of stock. :sad: Hope they get them back in with free shipping.
LOL I just tried also, when I couldn't add the yellows but had no issue with the whites, I figured must be out of stock.

found this on the Srixon site about the Q-Star Misconceptions:

• Golf ball fitting is best from Green to Tee
    • This is correct for low handicap players who do not need the assistance of low spin off the driver for greater control and use many different types of shots from greenside.
  • Tour Balls are the best constructed balls
    • This is not the case – they are specifically engineered to allow low handicap players to work the ball and control trajectory on different shots into the green.
  • 2pc golf balls are distance oriented
    • With the use of modern manufacturing techniques, the difference between a Tour Ball and a 2pc high performance golf ball like the Q-STAR is very little.
  • Can a 2pc ball perform as well as a 3pc ball
    • For the proper player type the answer is yes.
    Q: Could a Tour Ball actually be hurting your game? A: Yes, If you are above a 10HDCP, 75% of the spin you but on the ball tends to be side spin which increase a hook or slice leading to less fairways hit.

So, I games these today and shot a 94. Mostly because my driver would not cooperate. I was all over the place off the tee.
I can talk about the spin on this ball. This ball checked up so nice. I've been playing the Callaway Diablo Tour the last several rounds and the Q-Stars have a heck of a lot more bite. My first green side chip I left about 8 feet short of where I wanted it cause it just didn't run out like the Diablo's. It hit, checked up and rolled out some. On full short irons and wedges, the performance was great. Usually one bounce and it stopped. Mid and long irons had a bit of roll.
Once I got use to the spin on chips and judge the distances, I was able to get them real close.
I was lovin' me some Diablo Tours, but I've found a new ball. Especially since they're $2 cheaper than Callaway's.

Usually play TM TP Reds and blacks. Played with the Q Star Yellowstoday and can say I enjoy it every bit as much as those two balls. Distance off the tee and spin on the greens seemed about the same for me The biggest factor I found was they seem to be tough as nails. Played all 18 without an appreciable scuff mark on the ball. I tend to generate a lot of backspin but usually at the expense of the cover on the TP's. These Q stars really held up well. Only one round under my belt with them but pleasantly suprised to say the least.

Was at golf galaxy today and they had about 30 dozen of ea color. I picked up a dozen or the tour yellow. I want to try this ball after hearing great things about the z. Hopefully I'll hit some tomorrow

Y'all sold me on the ball, I went down to Edwin Watts and bought a dozen yellow today. I will let you know my thoughts once I finally get to play.

Also, does anybody know if this ball is only supposed to replace the AD333? Or is Srixon also going to do away with the Trispeed?

My guess is replace the AD333. AD333 went on 2 for 1 sale like 2 weeks ago and was the same price point.

Back