Srixon US Open Contest [Spoilers]

So how many people have Rory on their team? I wish my 2nd and 3rd guys were performing a little better.

So how many people have Rory on their team? I wish my 2nd and 3rd guys were performing a little better.

Right now I wish I did....but not come Sunday. :D

Hole 16 - par 5 - playing 554

Rory - crushes one off the tee - FW (left side)
Phil - driver to FW (right side)
DJ - driver to FW (left side)

DJ is having a hard time keeping up with Rory off the tee (side by side on this drive)

Phil - 252 to hole - FW wood - over flag - 40 feet past
DJ - 218 to front - pulled left pin high just off green
Rory - 218 to front - hit it pure again....9 feet left of hole for eagle

DJ - great putt from off green, should be a tap in birdie - made it
Phil - hot on the eagle putt - almost made. 6 foot uphill for birdie left - made it
Rory - barely misses eagle putt. tap in birdie.

putt to go -13 for Rory now, would be 10 clear too

Lets hope Rory can keep it up for the next few days. He looks amazing and I think he learned a lot from the Masters! I don't think he's going to let this one go!

haha like the announcer after rors tee shot..."its ok if you like them perfect". silly good.

Hole 17 - par 4 - 437 yards

Rory - long iron drilled down the FW
Phil - long iron into left rough (bad miss)
DJ - long iron to middle of FW (just behind Rory)

Hole 17 - par 4 - 437 yards

Rory - long iron drilled down the FW
Phil - long iron into left rough (bad miss)
DJ - long iron to middle of FW (just behind Rory)

Rep for keeping all us disconnected ones up to date mc! Thanks. :D

Seems like Rory just keeps it coming!

Rep for keeping all us disconnected ones up to date mc! Thanks. :D

Seems like Rory just keeps it coming!

You guys are welcome!

Phil - good play from out of rough to right front of green (short)
DJ - over green I think - camera missed it since DJ is playing so fast
Rory - just carries green - flag is 5 paces on - 12 feet or so for birdie

Phil - great 2 putt from off green for par
DJ - got his par
Rory - makes another birdie

Do you guys think Rory is just turning it on full blast right now just to make sure Masters part deux doesn't happen? I honestly don't think anyone can shoot as low as this kid for the next 2.5 days and even touch him. It's a great story though (just not for my fantasy team unfortunately).

Do you guys think Rory is just turning it on full blast right now just to make sure Masters part deux doesn't happen? I honestly don't think anyone can shoot as low as this kid for the next 2.5 days and even touch him. It's a great story though (just not for my fantasy team unfortunately).

Why wouldn't he do that? It's the mentality that Tiger took in the 1997 Masters and 2000 US Open, just keep trying to extend the lead and play the same way instead of looking backwards at the field. I do think it's going to be harder for someone to make a charge on this golf course, even though it's playing easier today, as compared to making a run at Augusta.

Just drains it in like it's nothing.

-13 now, best ever score in a US Open.

Rory is insane right now!

Why wouldn't he do that? It's the mentality that Tiger took in the 1997 Masters and 2000 US Open, just keep trying to extend the lead and play the same way instead of looking backwards at the field. I do think it's going to be harder for someone to make a charge on this golf course, even though it's playing easier today, as compared to making a run at Augusta.

Honestly, you have to wonder short of Rory pulling off a complete crash this weekend if he hasn't already put it out of reach for everyone else now at -13.

The kid is unstoppable. This is nuts.

Jeezy Chreezy.

Tiger-Who?

no chance anyone gets close if rory continues like this ...

I'm honestly struggling to believe this. The very best in world golf are unable to even get close to competing.

Have any of the commentators asked 'but what if Tiger was playing this week?' yet? :D

If anyone was wondering why it was so fun to watch Tiger run away with tournaments like the 1997 Masters or 2000 US Open, this is the reason why. It's simply amazing to see someone at the absolute top of their game. I just can't stop watching this guy play right now.

If anyone was wondering why it was so fun to watch Tiger run away with tournaments like the 1997 Masters or 2000 US Open, this is the reason why. It's simply amazing to see someone at the absolute top of their game. I just can't stop watching this guy play right now.

+1 this is amazing to watch.

-13 now, best ever score in a US Open.

And if he can pull a birdie out of his poor drive on 18, he shoots 63.

1st bad drive by Rory, can still make a par though

Hole 18 - par 4 - 523 yards

Rory - driver - left rough into the gallery
Phil - driver - way left (past Rory's)
DJ - driver - right rough sitting up - good line to green

Back