Srixon US Open Contest [Spoilers]

I hope Rory isn't the next Norman in the majors. Keep it together Rory.

And so begins the Rory train wreck. I bet he blows up tomorrow. I'm just saying........

Waited around for Rory's interview. He's a good kid (he's a kid to me!) and it's nice to see an interview from someone who isn't a jerk about it.

I feel pretty happy with my choices for this contest right now: Luke Donald, Gmac, David Toms, Rory Mcilroy

I feel pretty happy with my choices for this contest right now: Luke Donald, Gmac, David Toms, Rory Mcilroy

Shut up. hahaha

You better hope Luke has a nice round and makes the cut or you're going into the weekend with only two guys (assuming GMac doesn't blow up). Since this contest is based off of money earned and not strokes, Rory blowing away the field doesn't do anything more than give you the 1st place purse and I would assume quite a few people have Rory in their picks.

I hate that I missed Rory's round to sometime as trivial as college.
Sounds like college is best :D(I kid of course)

Looking at the leaderboard I noticed the Bubba Dickerson was -1 at the turn today then proceeded to bogey 10, double 11, then bogey 12-18. That has to hurt!!

You better hope Luke has a nice round and makes the cut or you're going into the weekend with only two guys (assuming GMac doesn't blow up). Since this contest is based off of money earned and not strokes, Rory blowing away the field doesn't do anything more than give you the 1st place purse and I would assume quite a few people have Rory in their picks.

I thinking I should have picked a Srixon staffer now....hmmm?

I have been so busy today I haven't been able to watch any of this on TV. I am not happy about that. You would think the golf industry would be on hold during the majors. :smile:

So we heard Rory got to a double digit lead in 26, faster than anyone so far. Does anyone know if he's even close to a best round type record, or best after two?

Yeah no kidding, Luke needs to get it in gear, it just helps having the possible winner in your picks. I'm curious how many other people did pick him.

Yeah no kidding, Luke needs to get it in gear, it just helps having the possible winner in your picks. I'm curious how many other people did pick him.

I certainly don't. My chances were gone after day 1. Haha

I have been so busy today I haven't been able to watch any of this on TV. I am not happy about that. You would think the golf industry would be on hold during the majors. :smile:
Load the link and it will let you watch RM,DJ,PM. Im watching from the start right now. http://www.usopen.com

So we heard Rory got to a double digit lead in 26, faster than anyone so far. Does anyone know if he's even close to a best round type record, or best after two?

I believe at -11 he's still best through 36 in US Open history (Ricky Barnes in 09 was -10).

Best round is 63 (I think has been done multiple times - although Johnny Miller did it in final round to win).

Robert Rock with 70-71 after turning up at 3am on Thur isn't too bad!

Also, Butch Harmon just called Uihlein 'Wally Uihlein'

Load the link and it will let you watch RM,DJ,PM. Im watching from the start right now. http://www.usopen.com

I will have to do that a bit later. I really want to see how his round played out. I am still so swamped today. Being busy is great, but relaxing Fridays, especially the Friday of a major, is far more fun!

I think that still belongs to Johnny Miller because they made reference to the 63 at oakmont. not sure if it was just us open or all majors.

I think the key on the weekend is if Rory finds the fairway. I think he missed a total of 3 fairways in the first two rounds, his irons and putter (making putts he should, two putting the one's he should) are pretty dialed in (especially the irons). If he starts missing fairways, then things should get interesting. If he's still hitting fairways i'd be surprised if he doesn't run away with it

I'm hosed with my picks

Miguel Angel Jimenez
Graeme McDowell
Luke Donald
Bubba Watson

Robert Rock with 70-71 after turning up at 3am on Thur isn't too bad!

Also, Butch Harmon just called Uihlein 'Wally Uihlein'

Uihlein has been pretty impressive so far for an amateur. The guy looks like he could have a decent career on tour.

Thanks adwillingham. This is gonna be good.

Cinks outfit looks awesome.

Guess Bubba forgot his case - hehe

Rory will be #1 for a long time whenever he gets there. Such a solid swing.

Does Bubba have on the same exact outfit?

Rory will be #1 for a long time whenever he gets there. Such a solid swing.

Does Bubba have on the same exact outfit?

I sure hope not. It was bad enough the first day.

Back