Stack and Tilt - Experiences, Opinions, and Use

I've honestly never even heard of this until this thread got necrod. Don't I feel silly.

Someone paid for the drivers to get the press release in the first place, just like someone bought the DVD or book, then talked about it online.....

What? Hmmmm.

What? Hmmmm.

If Ping had no market for it's driver, (previous sales, word of mouth, etc) they wouldn't be able to sell the G20? Therefore, at some point people paid for the information ping is supplying in its releases. Right? Or else ping would go out of business and no more press releases..... Right? Not sure where the miscommunication is.

If Ping had no market for it's driver, (previous sales, word of mouth, etc) they wouldn't be able to sell the G20? Therefore, at some point people paid for the information ping is supplying in its releases. Right? Or else ping would go out of business and no more press releases..... Right? Not sure where the miscommunication is.

And yet, I don't have to spend MSRP to go find out if I like the product or not.

The miscommunication is that nobody has ever had to pay for a single press release ever. Brand new companies with ZERO sales put out press releases. Heck, THP puts out press releases and does not sell equipment. A press release is nothing more than product info wrapped up in a pretty picture for the media to relay to consumers.

The Stack and Tilt videos and books are something that these guys designed to make money and give people lessons directly from them. They dont put out these materials as a press release. That is a completely false.

This image is stuck in my mind....

51ZD8FVFSYL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

This thread is approaching big break atlantis territory.

This thread is approaching big break atlantis territory.

Are you saying that the stack and tilt instructors have gravitas? :D

If Tiger would go for more layups instead of fade away stingers.....

Indeed they do. Stop piling on me sir.

I wont get this too off topic, but sir, you are being missed at the Morgan Cup, the Ultimate Amateur Golf Event. I will be stacked all weekend against these guys. :banana:

So I guess I should bring this thread back from the dead since I have slowly realized that my swing is a stack and tilt formation.

I have never seen the DVD except for the infomercial or even read up on it but from pictures it looks like I use the S&T. I'm comfortable with it!

Anyone still using stack and tilt?

Anyone still using stack and tilt?

Been looking all over for help on consistent iron strikes. Is it worth it or are lessons the way to go?

I would suggest lessons.

Lessons are they way to go.

It's just my opinion, but Stack & Tilt seems far too far on the "positional" side of golf for me. When you have people saying "Yeah, but was your instructor a certified stack & tilt instructor?" that sets off red flags in my mind. If it's so complex that only certified instructors can teach it, I'm not sure it's the methodology for me.

But, as I said, that's just my personal opinion.

I would suggest lessons.

I agree. If so many of the pros tried it and went away from it. There has to be a reason. Wi is the only pro I know of that still uses it

I would never recommend the stack n tilt method but it is one to go. Lessons are worth every penny and I highly recommend you move forward with scheduling. What every style you go with, committ to it mentally, time wise and money wise. Lessons are not a once a month type deal, in order for them to work, it's a daily commitment or several times a week commitment with lessons every two weeks or so.

No way....I tried it for one season and it totally messed me up.
It took almost a full season to get rid of it.

Lessons are they way to go.

It's just my opinion, but Stack & Tilt seems far too far on the "positional" side of golf for me. When you have people saying "Yeah, but was your instructor a certified stack & tilt instructor?" that sets off red flags in my mind. If it's so complex that only certified instructors can teach it, I'm not sure it's the methodology for me.

But, as I said, that's just my personal opinion.

What? Why? If you're going to teach it, get certified and teach it right.

"Oh man that chiropractor really screwed me up when he did that root canal last week"

TTing

What? Why? If you're going to teach it, get certified and teach it right.

"Oh man that chiropractor really screwed me up when he did that root canal last week"

TTing

Like I said, it sets off red flags with me when a system is so complex that its advocates demand that only certified instructors can teach it. It's also so full of positional material I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Just my opinion. If you disagree, that's fine. There are good golfers who use Stack & Tilt, just like there are good golfers who use every other method out there.

Certified Seemore Putting Institute instructors come to mind for me right now....

TTing

Point me to anything where SeeMore has said that others can't teach their method properly. If you want to use a putting example, AimPoint would probably be a better example. I suspect its advocates would claim it can't be learned without taking its expensive sessions from its certified teachers.

Reactions: JB
No one said non certified instructors can't teach it. Your example was "but was your professional certified".... It doesn't have to be. Hell I've taught s&t and I'm not certified.

TTing

Back